Secret Celeb Gossip #23

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
All the talk of Dominic West reminded me of Damian Lewis, so I googled him and it reminded me with his complaints about peeps thinking it’s easier for him being an old Etonian in acting. A point made even more risible by him convincing members of the public that beaker from “The Muppets” coloured hair and no lips equates to a being so sexy people fight each other to clim him like a load of e number abusing 3 year olds would a dinosaur climbing frame.
what a tosser. I’m sure he hasn’t found the peerless connections a help!
imagine him and Kirsty at a dinner party complaining their surfs want minimum wage now!

Reactions: 2
Local Goss (he is from around the same area as I am) is that he's (guy) not that nice. I don't know specifics other than he's apparently a bit cold towards people, guarded and awkward. Someone I knew who worked with him says he knew all about the fake licence and played along that he was innocent and landed someone else in it big time to get off Scott free.

To be fair the gentleman does have aspergers and is open about what he calls "being different" so I think it could be unfair gossip and more lack of social skills (which I totally get!)
got more up himself the more famous he got, at the start was a fairly nice everyday bloke

• Sad
Reactions: 1
I know the Simon Cowell homosexuality thing has been mentioned in previous threads but just chiming in with my story.

An ex boyfriend’s father was a businessman quite embedded in the Costa del Sol scene about 15-20 years ago and knew a local (English ex-pat) hotel manager very well. The hotel manager reported that one of his cleaning staff entered a room that didn’t have a Do Not Disturb sign displayed and caught Simon Cowell and Ross Kemp in the act! Not sure if the Ross Kemp connection has been mentioned before 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
I feel like I need to know more about Daniel O'Donnell. To me he is sexless or so far in the closet hes in Narnia.

Are there really sordid stories about him and orphanages? I dont think I've ever seen anything in N.I about it (like any gossip sites/fb sites etc)
yes I would love to hear more, my friend from Donegal; swears he is gay. Not that matters, but when your whole persona is about singing lovely songs to ladies of a certain age! I totally believe he is in a sexless marriage with Magella, the wife!

After Jeremy Beadle died, IIRC, loads of celebrities (who you wouldn’t link together)
said what a nice bloke he was.
I recall after Jeremy Beadle died, I heard that our company rented out loaded of cars to him. A load came back from the Leeds area, with tickets from the red light area.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
I know the Simon Cowell homosexuality thing has been mentioned in previous threads but just chiming in with my story.

An ex boyfriend’s father was a businessman quite embedded in the Costa del Sol scene about 15-20 years ago and knew a local (English ex-pat) hotel manager very well. The hotel manager reported that one of his cleaning staff entered a room that didn’t have a Do Not Disturb sign displayed and caught Simon Cowell and Ross Kemp in the act! Not sure if the Ross Kemp connection has been mentioned before 🤷🏻‍♀️
No, but someone in a previous thread mentioned that Ross Kemp had been caught in bed with Giles Coren.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Just a big thanks to @S4buk for recommending the book Freak Like Me, I downloaded it for £3.99, bargain!

It's a fabulous read, I'm really enjoying all the 90s music memories and gossip, takes me right back. I also attended TOTP on a fairly regular basis like the author did.

In fact, the TOTP talk in the book meant I ended up down a rabbit hole I actually found myself on You Tube, filmed in 1994 on TOTP, watching Elastica and Cranberries. We were given free Suede T-shirts, hence looking so utterly tragic. That's me on the right. I've no idea what I've got on my legs. They look like day-glo trousers, but I swear they weren't.

Oh and this screen shot / trick of the light makes it look like I've missing teeth. 🥴 I assure you I still have a full set of my own gnashers at 43!

20200807_221751.jpg

I suppose it depends on whether you mind that he's a vocal Brexiteer - he said no lives would be changed by it, which is rather rose tinted no matter where you stand on the issue!
I'm a Remainer, but still like him and sense of humour. Typical rich posho by sounds of it though, no grasp on reality. Sad really.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 55
Just a big thanks to @S4buk for recommending the book Freak Like Me, I downloaded it for £3.99, bargain!

It's a fabulous read, I'm really enjoying all the 90s music memories and gossip, takes me right back. I also attended TOTP on a fairly regular basis like the author did.

In fact, the TOTP talk in the book meant I ended up down a rabbit hole I actually found myself on You Tube, filmed in 1994 on TOTP, watching Elastica and Cranberries. We were given free Suede T-shirts, hence looking so utterly tragic. That's me on the right. I've no idea what I've got on my legs. They look like day-glo trousers, but I swear they weren't.

Oh and this screen shot / trick of the light makes it look like I've missing teeth. 🥴 I assure you I still have a full set of my own gnashers at 43!

View attachment 205211

I'm a Remainer, but still like him and sense of humour. Typical rich posho by sounds of it though, no grasp on reality. Sad really.
Fabulous 👏👏👏

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Jogged memory from Ross Kemp’s bed -hopping. My cousins friend in Australia walked in on Cliff Richard and friend being bachelor boys together in the marital bed. The couple divorced.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
I've heard this too. Apparently the nicest bloke.
Also, was unbelievably smart. Really clever, crossword genius. That never gets mentioned though 😒
He wrote a lot of puzzle/unusual fact books, as I remember buying them for my brother a long long time ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I’m being verrrrry cynical but does anyone else think that one of these two is gearing up for I’m a celeb or something similar? They are suddenly on the DM sidebar every day, this usually happens when they try to drum up interest before a realty show. Insensitive if they are considering the whole Caroline Flack situation. Maybe they are just being hounded by the press because of the inquest but it is possible to keep a low profile and neither of them are celebs really... same with Boris Becker’s wife, she’s had an article every day this week.

Reactions: 6
Who is Merck,please?
Excuse my ignorance.

Speaking of saccharine sweet singers who may or may not be dodgy ( although a w.p.c.t told me aboutCliffs proclivities years ago)
Does anyone know of any innocent reason why C.R would take up citizenship of Barbados rather than U.K...? apparently no extradition treaty, although that doesn’t sound right as they’re in the Commonwealth?
Meryl as in Streep damn predicted text and a glass of wine in the garden 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
yes I would love to hear more, my friend from Donegal; swears he is gay. Not that matters, but when your whole persona is about singing lovely songs to ladies of a certain age! I totally believe he is in a sexless marriage with Magella, the wife!
I live in Belfast n ever since I was a kid I just thought he was gay (again not an issue at all) I didnt think hed be the type to even get a speeding ticket nevermind get up to some dodgy tit in orphanages. This will really surprise me if it's true (but also wouldnt surprise me if it was true cus I view Cliff richard the same n sure theres plenty of stories about him)

As someone mentioned earlier in see him like Eoin McLove from Father Ted and all Eoins fans would be exactly like Daniel's OAP fans!

Reactions: 9
When he married his wife, I kid you not, my work colleague actually said that he should be married to ‘a nice clean women and not that tart’. Her crime? She’d been married before and had kids.
His fans are indeed, quite bizarre. I remember going into a co-op in a suburb of Aylesbury on my way home to get something or other, I took my purchases to the checkout assistant at the kiosk that did the lottery and ciggies. She was clearly a DOD superfan. There were photos of him all around the kiosk and pictures of her with him. It was a surreal experience for sure..! From memory, she looked a bit like the neighbour lady in shameless (Just looked her up, an actress called Alice Barry)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Talking of "Blunt". Any Goss on James Blunt? I used to loathe him, only (unfairly) for the fact that his music is so bloody boring.

But since I started following him on Twitter a couple of years back, I absolutely rate the bloke. His sense of humour is total gold. A very funny man and happy to take the piss out if himself and his mm music's reputation.

I hope he's lovely IRL.

Holiday apartments. If only!

EDIT: The minute I posted this reply to you. I too got funeral adverts. I only turned 43 last month FFS!
I'm a few pages behind, but he groped my friends arse whilst having their photo taken. He was gigging at her uni. This would have been 2006ish I think.

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.