Secret Celeb Gossip #21

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I remember listening to Davina on a radio breakfast show when she was pregnant with her youngest (must have been Chris Moyles as it couldn’t have been Terry Wogan) and said she had to give her husband a son. It was said in jest but you could tell she meant it.
About 15 years ago c4 had an advertising campaign where they sat some of their 'faces' down and gave them the same questions to answer. Most of it was hilarious 1 minute snapshots that were broadcast during ad breaks.

All were people very famous for their shows on c4 at the time. Derren Brown, Sharon Osbourne, Jimmy Carr etc. BB was at the height of it's fame and Davina was one of the interviewees.
The questions were things like 'describe yourself in 3 words' and 'one thing you'd like to do before you die' The answers were hilarious.
To that Davina said 'I'd like to give my husband a son' and then burst into tears which was weird because everyone else's answer was clearly for comedy.
(Sharon Osbourne answered that with 'I'd like to duck a black man'.....)

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
They do. Joey Essex was another one, pretended he couldn’t tell the time when he was on IAC and people lapped it up for some strange reason.
Joey Essex is another one that really grates on my nerves. As you said, another one playing the dumb act. Grrr

Reactions: 14
Oh I thought Brian Belo was a head and was playing a game by pretending not to know who Shakespeare was. He was a huge fan of the show and would’ve known acting dumb would get him noticed.
I hope so, because if not it was all very distasteful ‘let’s ridicule the thick person’. I found it very uncomfortable.

Reactions: 2
Joey Essex is another one that really grates on my nerves. As you said, another one playing the dumb act. Grrr
I remember reading Amy Childs pulled a similar one off, she was head girl at her private school, and another that gets on my nerves playing it thick is Scarlet Moffat who has a degree! Yet, when she was on Richard Osman's "House of Games" he helped her so much to win, and yet played it like she was clueless. It's like having intelligence these days is something bad.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I remember reading Amy Childs pulled a similar one off, she was head girl at her private school, and another that gets on my nerves playing it thick is Scarlet Moffat who has a degree! Yet, when she was on Richard Osman's "House of Games" he helped her so much to win, and yet played it like she was clueless. It's like having intelligence these days is something bad.
I suppose so people underestimate you. Although you can some people who are quite sly (such as the Prime Minister - the liar Johnson).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Yeah but that dumb act has earned him a lot of money. He was on that celeb SAS thing and more or less said it was bollocks.

As a university lecturer I can categorically tell you that having a degree and intelligence do not go hand in hand :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
I had no idea who Scarlett moffatt was when she went into the Big brother house. Apparently she wet the bed one night and everyone thought it was hilarious. Seriously!!
I'm not belittling people who have medical conditions that cause them to wet the bed, I'm just sad that she and other reality stars with no morals are being portrayed as a role models for the youth of today.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I had no idea who Scarlett moffatt was when she went into the Big brother house. Apparently she wet the bed one night and everyone thought it was hilarious. Seriously!!
I'm not belittling people who have medical conditions that cause them to wet the bed, I'm just sad that she and other reality stars with no morals are being portrayed as a role models for the youth of today.
I think you’re confused with Charlotte Crosby

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Yeah but that dumb act has earned him a lot of money. He was on that celeb SAS thing and more or less said it was bollocks.

As a university lecturer I can categorically tell you that having a degree and intelligence do not go hand in hand :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I'm an ex-lecturer myself, so know that to be so true! The excuses some of my students used to use...I could have written a book.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
It was quite possibly the only decent episode of the entire C5 era of Big Brother! 😂

That and the ‘Frank Carson’s dressing room‘ thing with Jim Davidson and Linda Nolan. So funny, the rest was tit though.
Stephen Bear giving it the big I am to Big Brother, then nearly shitting himself when actual hard nut security guard comes in to diary room was good.

And Kim Woodburn vs. the House. She had them all spot on. Nicole, the adulterer, the chicken livered shits. It was great reality TV drama.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
As a University Administrator, you and I can concur that having a senior university post doesn't mean you are intelligent and competent. ;-)

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I keep getting confused about whether we are talking about Davinia Taylor (who i had never heard of before this thread) and Davina McCall!

I wish I had met a celeb, I am “friends” (use that loosely as it’s that stage between acquaintance and friend) with a VERY minor celeb but no one I know knows who he is so I’m not sure if it counts (I’m not saying who because he’s minor enough that he will see this if he Googles himself and he might feel sad)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Stephen Bear giving it the big I am to Big Brother, then nearly shitting himself when actual hard nut security guard comes in to diary room was good.

And Kim Woodburn vs. the House. She had them all spot on. Nicole, the adulterer, the chicken livered shits. It was great reality TV drama.
You ganghanded bunch of cowards!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I've met a cousin of Amy Childs who appears more intelligent than Amy but went to a state school.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.