Secret Celeb Gossip #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm waiting for Glen Michael (he of the Cavalcade) and that'll be my childhood well and truly fucked.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Hugh fearnly whittingstall...he only worked for channel 4 didnt he? You got the correct Hugh?

Bruce Forsyth always gave me the absolute and utter creeps.

I wouldn't bat an eyelid if something came out about him.

Yes - national treasure what a load of crap. At the very least he was so irritating. Wasn't Cilla Black a total witch?

• Heart
Reactions: 14

He wouldnt come on stage unless he was getting a standing ovation as he appeared. Stage managers would have to ask the audience to stand and start clapping, that was his cue to come out. He would make out like it was all 'oh please, sit down" but he was demanding it.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 44
I was always glad Tony Hart was genuinely just a nice man who liked drawing. Think it's been long enough since he died for any skeletons to emerge (phew).

• Heart
Reactions: 61

Not while his Mrs is alive but I really disliked him, he was creepy and quite rude to contestants on the Generation Game, total contrast to Ken Dodd who was a contemporary of horrible Brucey he was very sweet to his audience and took the mickey out of himself. Strange how 2 horrid people love golf, him and Prince Andrew, there have certainly been some pervs doing holes in one on the Wentworth Estate!

Reactions: 11
I'm waiting for Glen Michael (he of the Cavalcade) and that'll be my childhood well and truly fucked.
I have one. Me and my sister were tots in the early 1970s and I *think* we were at Calderpark Zoo. (This is my dad's recollection as I can't remember it) but he said Mr Michael flounced around (think dad was suggesting he was quite flamboyant?) and dad absolutely refused to let us anywhere near him. Why, he never explained but I got the impression he thought he was a wrong 'un. Dad isn't a homophobe or anything of the sort, so I'm not sure what the problem was.
Paraffin !!!!!
Sorry to correct a Glen Michael reference, but it's actually Palladin :p
The rumour for years was that Tony Hart was with Andi Peters 🤭
Always thought it was Mr Bennett!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
One of the oddest names I think is St John and they pronounce it Singen.
Gotta be Menzies pronounced Ming (as in ‘the Merciless”)

I was merely commenting on the lazy acceptance of all kinds of gossip
i’m not sure you’re on the right site, mate 😂😂

And Benny Hill - he was a weird fucker - even when I was very young he gave me the creeps.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I don't know about anyone else, but I was genuinely shocked when it all came out about Rolf Harris. I was well aware of the Savile rumours, but had never heard anything bad about Rolf. You could've knocked me down with a feather.
Me too! Not that I give a toss about Rolf, but he must have had exceedingly good PR - I mean “tie me kangaroo down sport 😲.“I thought he was just an A sexual, odd artist (generous) /painter, tv oddball.

Reactions: 9
I used to work with someone who was a massive fan of Rolf and paid £30,000 (if I remember correctly) for one of his paintings. He used to do fancy dress as Rolf and dress his young son up as a mini Rolf too...all innocent fun.

At the time I joked, never mind that painting will make you money soon when old Rolf dies. Immediately I said it I regretted it because it hurt his feelings.

I was no longer working with him when the truth came out but he must have been devastated and his painting will be worth duck all.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
We all know Scarlett isn't famous for her brains, but she'll be wibbling on about 5G next.. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowb...invasion-conspiracy-theories-Loose-Women.html

I must admit the whole Rolfaroo thing stunned me almost as much as my mum's ex boyfriend. I always thought Rolf was like a harmless, cuddly, if eccentric, old uncle you'd probably trust to babysit your kids. Remember he always used to tear up at the end of Pet Rescue on Ch4? His "serious" art was pretty decent and pleasing to the eye, imho, anyway. The likes of Jimmy Savile, everyone could tell he was creepy and weird - Rolf played his public persona well.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.