Secret Celeb Gossip #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wasn't defending him at all, I was merely commenting on the lazy acceptance of all kinds of gossip alongside properly substantiated cases. It fits the disgraceful culture of brain dead credulity introduced by Cressida Dick and her idiotic 'you'll be believed' message, which in turn, entirely predictably, led to the nation's meek genuflection before Carl Beach. But maybe the red face brigade still believe good old Carl, the paedophile?

What is this? Of all the things you can defend JS is a bizarre one!

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I wasn't defending him at all, I was merely commenting on the lazy acceptance of all kinds of gossip alongside properly substantiated cases. It fits the disgraceful culture of brain dead credulity introduced by Cressida Dick and her idiotic 'you'll be believed' message, which in turn, entirely predictably, led to the nation's meek genuflection before Carl Beach. But maybe the red face brigade still believe good old Carl, the paedophile?
"lazy acceptance of all kinds of gossip" - made me laugh after reading your comments on another thread recently.

I'm not interested in derailing this thread so won't be replying any further.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I simply relayed a story my mum told me when she was 14 about grubby JS. Again of all the gossip I could pin on JS this is rather tame.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
It would have been funny if Jim Kerr from Simple Minds called one of his kids Wayne.
I remember the singer Fish, real name Derek William Dick, said he wasn't going to name his son after his grandfather (same as his middle name)!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Its sadly (for the victims) 100% true about Jimmy Saville, I live near where he lived and he had a dreadfull reputation. I've said on the other thread all I knew.

Reactions: 13
Its sadly (for the victims) 100% true about Jimmy Saville, I live near where he lived and he had a dreadfull reputation. I've said on the other thread all I knew.
A friend who's husband was in the music business, and both her sons are, told me that if he was about the BBC that day, all were told do not bring their kids in.

It's the keys he had to Broadmoor and things associated with that I could never get my head round. https://www.theguardian.com/media/2012/oct/12/jimmy-savile-broadmoor-volunteer-role

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Does anyone know anything about Mindy Kaling baby's father? Or the rumours about Nikolaj and Gwendoline from Game of thrones affair?

Love these threads 😋
LOVE Mindy! I kind of love how she wont disclose it, fair play to her. Everyone says B J Novak which just makes me so happy.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Honestly anyone who could even try raise an argument of speculation on whether JS did not do dispicable things is really unnerving. Whether you choose to deny it or not you were defending him by stating there was no proof, maybe you weren’t aware/didn’t do research on it but men did come forward and I’ll choose to believe them and not think it’s idle gossip. My minds lost as to why you’d choose JS of all people to defend on any thread not just this one, it’s madness and you’ve lost all credibility on future posts for many people on this site/thread 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
A mate who worked at the BBC for a while was told that there were two people who female employees were warned not to be alone with in a room on account of their wandering hands. Their names? Rolf Harris and Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 40
A mate who worked at the BBC for a while was told that there were two people who female employees were warned not to be alone with in a room on account of their wandering hands. Their names? Rolf Harris and Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall.
Same applied to the crisp salesman.

• Wow
Reactions: 21
I know someone who was an inpatient at Stoke Mandeville and JS was well known as a sleaze. He was not liked and this was well before any disclosures of his activities were known. All his “good work” came with a price but the higher management would not allow anyone to speak of it because they didnt want bad press. They were bad times for all involved.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
And don't fall asleep around Hugh F-W, either! That's not hair gel... :sick: :ROFLMAO:

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
I know someone who was an inpatient at Stoke Mandeville and JS was well known as a sleaze. He was not liked and this was well before any disclosures of his activities were known. All his “good work” came with a price but the higher management would not allow anyone to speak of it because they didnt want bad press. They were bad times for all involved.
One of my best mates at uni (early 90s) was from Leeds. It was common knowledge in Leeds about what Jimmy Savile was up to.

Reactions: 8
I worked at the BBC in the 80s at the start of my career. Back then JS did a record show (yup long time ago!) on the World Service. It was common practice that they never allocated women to work in the studio with him, so I was surprised when it happened to me and I ended up face to face with him. I remember then thinking this is odd - what's going on? Of course the bosses knew what he was like. I was early 20s at the time so probably too old for him. He gave me the creeps even back then. Hiding in plain sight and utterly indulged by a system that protects its 'talent' before anything else. I later worked in TV in the 90s-00s and they were still doing the same old thing indulging the talent, regardless of what monsters they were to the staff. Fame seems to turn people into nasty pieces of work.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 40
I don't know about anyone else, but I was genuinely shocked when it all came out about Rolf Harris. I was well aware of the Savile rumours, but had never heard anything bad about Rolf. You could've knocked me down with a feather.

Reactions: 36
We all know what JS did, evil perverse pedalo whom did not care if the victim was male or female young, old, disabled, vunerable even dead. He has had enough air time on this thread, lets go back to stuff less dark and keep to celeb goss. JS is not worthy of any type of gossip. May he rest in hell and the prince of darkness do to him what he did to others tenfold!

• Heart
Reactions: 67
I worked at the BBC in the 80s at the start of my career. Back then JS did a record show (yup long time ago!) on the World Service. It was common practice that they never allocated women to work in the studio with him, so I was surprised when it happened to me and I ended up face to face with him. I remember then thinking this is odd - what's going on? Of course the bosses knew what he was like. I was early 20s at the time so probably too old for him. He gave me the creeps even back then. Hiding in plain sight and utterly indulged by a system that protects its 'talent' before anything else. I later worked in TV in the 90s-00s and they were still doing the same old thing indulging the talent, regardless of what monsters they were to the staff. Fame seems to turn people into nasty pieces of work.
Not to get all armchair psychoanalyst or anything, but do you think fame turns people into nasty pieces of work, or that fame attracts people who are already nasty? To mangle a phrase from Dead Poets Society (yeah, sorry about that, I'm old), why did they write poetry? To woo women. Or who was it, Peter Crouch, who when asked 'what would you be if you weren't a professional footballer' answered 'a virgin' :ROFLMAO: I think people use whatever they have available to them, to get access to the people they want to duck. I guess the same is true of paedos as well as those with legal tastes. I'm not sure where I'm going with this rambling thought train; somewhere towards Weinstein and Savile, I suppose.
(Thanks for coming to my TED talk :ROFLMAO: )

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.