Scummy Mummies

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She lives in an amazing house. It’s a small collection of timber-framed houses surrounded by trees, with huge picture windows. I would love to live in one.

I have though unfollowed her as I don’t follow any account that just posts pictures of themselves in outfits. I know she’s done that since the start but it was clothes back then and she had some interesting stuff. Now it feels just dull and I’d had enough.

Also I thought #gift wasn’t considered enough of a tag - it should be #ad? May be off beam but it felt like she was advertising quite a lot without making that clear.

Reactions: 1
Her house is a tip. She doesn't have a day job as such, her kids are with her ex every other weekend, so what's her excuse. yes, I am sure some people like living in a tip, but her house is disgusting. Are these blokes she keeps bringing back for a shag blind?

Reactions: 2
Her house is a tip. She doesn't have a day job as such, her kids are with her ex every other weekend, so what's her excuse. yes, I am sure some people like living in a tip, but her house is disgusting. Are these blokes she keeps bringing back for a shag blind?
No doubt she'll moan she's too poor to get a cleaner now that's she's divorced. I don't think she gets many repeat customers though - blokes would just need to take one look at her Insta and they'd run a mile!

She has some weekday nights free too - so relatable to single mums 🙄 most are lucky to get every other week - if that!

I have a husband & she gets more child free time than I do. When my kids were little I used to dream of being a single mum so I'd get some time off hahaha!
Same here - married and wishing I was a single parent with a co parenting dad! Oh to have the free time she does 🤣🤦

Reactions: 3
The dad seems extremely involved.
Is she really a single scummy mummy?
Of course not but she has made herself the perpetual victim in this whole story. He even left the house to her according to one of her grid posts. It sounds like she really hit the jackpot in monetising the divorce!

Reactions: 2
Well she is a ‘single mum’ in that she is a mum who is single. She is not in a romantic relationship and has children. Their father, her ex, stepping up and parenting his kids 50% of the time (as arguably he should) does not detract from her status as their mother or a single woman. Though obviously yes, it does reduce her parenting burden 50% of the time (or however often he has them) and no, not every parent (single or otherwise) gets that. But it’s not a race to the bottom, who can be the biggest parenting martyr. Surely we should be encouraging fathers to take equal responsibility for custody, post split rather than nitpicking women over definitions?

I get that a lot of this stuff has come about with Helen specifically because she sort of made herself the poster girl for single parents when she separated. She’s kind of dug her own hole by talking about it all the time etc and failing to acknowledge that she was in a privileged position with a secure home in a nice area, a flexible job, a present ex and lots of other support around her.

As for ‘monetising the divorce’ we have no idea what went on. They were married a long time, financial negotiations in divorces are complex. He may well have signed the house over to her in exchange for her not being able to access his pension funds or other asset, or she may only be able to live there until the youngest turns 18, or she may have bought him out of his share.

I know this post makes me sound like a Helen fan but honestly, sometimes the posts on these threads are reaching beyond reality.

Reactions: 14
Helen never seems to actually be at home with her kids. And the state of the house when she was showing the massage stories 🥴 there is crap everywhere how can she live like that

Reactions: 5
She’s so messy and disorganised! She does seem like a nice person tbh, someone I genuinely wouldn’t mind calling over unannounced as her place is always ten times worse.

• Haha
Not posted in this thread before but I still follow SM on Facebook although I’m not sure why because Helen’s incessant ‘I’m so happy’ posts and the posting of freebies riles me no end. Saw today she’s at pride with her daughter, who I notice she hasn’t called her daughter in ages, just ‘teenager’. I sense non binary on the horizon so that’ll be the next bandwagon she jumps on. Unfollowing them today, I quite like Ellie she’s very down to Earth and quite funny but Helen has lost me.

Not posted in this thread before but I still follow SM on Facebook although I’m not sure why because Helen’s incessant ‘I’m so happy’ posts and the posting of freebies riles me no end. Saw today she’s at pride with her daughter, who I notice she hasn’t called her daughter in ages, just ‘teenager’. I sense non binary on the horizon so that’ll be the next bandwagon she jumps on. Unfollowing them today, I quite like Ellie she’s very down to Earth and quite funny but Helen has lost me.
Helen posts waaaaay more than Ellie too. It does feel like she’s trying to convince herself she’s happy.

Oh god, you're right. She's referred to her as 'my kid' a lot too hasn't she? she's just a mixed up child who's parents are going through a divorce and has had no end up upheaval. Teenagers have enough to cope with without a Mum embracing non binary crap.

The Dad seems to have the kids more than she does but fine if it suits them. It's the sheer amount of washing she seems to produce (despite not having the kids full time) and how messy she is at all times that amazes me (and I'm no clean freak). It looks like they all change their clothes four times a day.

Reactions: 4
Helen has her own account too so she should use that for the personal “look at me down with the kids at Pride” and leave the SM account for stuff relating to their stage shows.

Reactions: 6
Helen is living out her full blown mid life crisis on her insta, the hair, the jumpsuits, the constant attention whoring selfies.

Counting down to when she gets her own “partner” hinted at first, then maybe a glimpse of hand or arm, before the big reveal. Calling it now.

I wish her well but I find her post divorce glow up schtick wholly disingenuous.

Reactions: 6
Oh god, you're right. She's referred to her as 'my kid' a lot too hasn't she? she's just a mixed up child who's parents are going through a divorce and has had no end up upheaval. Teenagers have enough to cope with without a Mum embracing non binary crap.

The Dad seems to have the kids more than she does but fine if it suits them. It's the sheer amount of washing she seems to produce (despite not having the kids full time) and how messy she is at all times that amazes me (and I'm no clean freak). It looks like they all change their clothes four times a day.
It’s basically a revenge account now on her ex. I hope she is as happy as she’s portraying but no one on earth is that happy 100% of the time. And that’s ok! She’s just constantly sticking her fingers up at her ex and while he sounds like an arse for cheating on her it’s a bit embarrassing now after 2 years.

The messy house thing was the SM whole ethos which I liked five years ago but seeing her messy house and piles of washing makes me anxious now, I have my own messy house to deal with, I don’t need to see hers too 🤪