Scummy Mummies

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not sure how long they can go on talking about the trials of having young kids. I also can't recall Helen having a full week of looking after her kids at home.

Reactions: 3
Find it a bit strange to share a link to Helens divorce book on a post about Ellies wedding anniversary

Reactions: 2
Find it a bit strange to share a link to Helens divorce book on a post about Ellies wedding anniversary
She said the book is good for married couples because it's got a chapter on wanking (am sure I read that on this thread before)

• Haha
Reactions: 1
And she's in Greece 🤣 this is like the 3rd trip abroad in what 2 months?
Yet she still slags off her ex - I don't condone the cheating but he clearly dotes on the children and has them for weeks at a time every time she wants to duck off on a "single gals break" 🤦🏻‍♀️

Can she really be divorced and happy if she's still slagging off the ex after a few years?

And saying she needs "a proper break" from the kids is just mad, she never really seems to have them much for a 'single mum'

Reactions: 4
Just listening to Helen talk about ‘getting heavily into cock’, ‘really needing a wank’ and ‘bleeping whoever I like’ on a podcast. I get she’s going for the shock factor but I feel for her kids listening or having friends tease them about it.

• Sad
Just had a listen. So she never slags him off infront of the kids but is calling him a bleep and an hole on the podcast? Okayyyy

I’ve seen her ex and the new woman a few times, they do look happy and loved up. Must be hard to swallow for her.

So she's gone on holiday with her kids, the first morning there and she's got her friend to look after them so she can "erm *smacks lips* go on erm, a bleeping glorious run cos I'm a bleeping prick" 🙄🙄

I thought 2 whole weeks with her children would be too much for her! 🤦🏻‍♀️

I’m on holiday with my kindle and finally got round to reading Helen’s book, which I got on a 99p spree a while ago. Some of her Insta content makes more sense now, and I actually think she paints a good picture of the freedom that comes from realising you’re no longer in a bad relationship (even if you didn’t realise it at the time).

BUT I think it straddles genres unhelpfully. It’s a personal account claiming to be an advice book, with chunks of wisdom from various Insta experts. It doesn’t really work, as I can imagine it making women going through similar events without the benefits of a close knit family, group of friends, experts to hand feel very inadequate and lost.

For example, she does nod towards this when starting her chapter on friends, admitting that some people will not be as lucky as her, but (rightly, for a memoir) says she can only tell her own story. But then tells everyone that friends are crucial and advises them to get a range of people for various things around them. Just not doable for many of us. She promotes an app for single parents to meet each other as if that will sort everything out.

I think I’ve got decent friends but I wouldn’t have the group around me that she does if something went wrong, and reading this book would really make me feel it. I think it would for a lot of people and I worry that they will buy this at a vulnerable moment and end up feeling worse.

Reactions: 7
She's nothing like the average single mother. She doesn't have any daily work commitments like going to an office or workplace, she has a supportive co-parent who has the kids for 2 weeks a time as she has just mentioned, she's gifted endless outfits and she goes on holiday multiple times a year during term time. If anyone is reading her book looking for advice or thinking she represents single mothers then they are truly looking in the wrong place.

Reactions: 13
I think if read her book when I was going through my divorce it would have given me hope. But I don’t believe that if you find out your husband of 20+ years has been having an affair that you bounce back that quick..

I thought it was a bit telling when she said recently: "the kids leave tomorrow lunchtime for 2 weeks with their other parent." Seems a bit odd to not even be able to call him their dad or father. Sounds like there is a lot to process still in the journey to happiness.

I don’t believe she has bounced back at all, hence all the acting out on social media. I don’t expect her to either, it must have been a shock but she is just over compensating now whilst he is just living his life and co-parenting.

All these specially angled pics and the holidays and the dick talk is straight out of the “I’ll show you” handbook. It’s so predictable.

Reactions: 4
I think like a lot single mums on social media it’s called having your cake and eating it. Performative single parenting whilst you have a supportive co parent doing their fair share and a good support network of friends and family to pick up the slack whilst you triumphantly bleat on about how hard it is.

I suppose there's less pity in having an active and supportive coparent. Her single mum life does seem very privileged in so many ways. I am surprised so many women are suckered in by her act!