Scream 5

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks forthe reply, I’m not going to open your spoiler before I watch just in case, and gutted for you that you might have seen a leaked ending. I honestly can’t envision that Neve after this long in the franchise would spread lies about pay in the media?? I’m wondering if it’s actually more of the case that the previous films had Wes’s name behind them and had the budget and pay packet and studio to pay the actors and the new reformat doesn’t. Why else would you drop Sidney Prescott from Scream?
I am more inclined to believe Neve than the studio here. Personally I think they manoeuvred her out to freshen things up. The new cast are the priority to this lot.

Reactions: 1
The last Scream movie was bleeping awful but something about this new one being set in New York is intriguing me haha

The last Scream movie was bleeping awful but something about this new one being set in New York is intriguing me haha
the reviews I’ve read so far have said if you didn’t like the last one, you’re not going to like this one either. I guess it’s just the tone shift of it not being Wes Craven any more

the reviews I’ve read so far have said if you didn’t like the last one, you’re not going to like this one either. I guess it’s just the tone shift of it not being Wes Craven any more
Great, got no chance of my husband watching it then 🤣 I'm waiting for it to come online rather then cinema this time round.

• Haha
Great, got no chance of my husband watching it then 🤣 I'm waiting for it to come online rather then cinema this time round.
😂 maybe don’t tell him! Yes hypothetically in a different world 0123movies can be quite good…

what’s everyone’s rankings of the series? I’d probably say 1 - 2 - 4 - 5 - 3

😂 maybe don’t tell him! Yes hypothetically in a different world 0123movies can be quite good…

what’s everyone’s rankings of the series? I’d probably say 1 - 2 - 4 - 5 - 3
For me it’s 1, 2, 5, 4, 3

Out of curiosity why do people think the 3rd Scream is the worst? I much prefer it to 4 and 5 but think that may just be a nostalgia thing.
Didn’t like 5 at all but thinking I may give 6 a chance anyway 😂

Out of curiosity why do people think the 3rd Scream is the worst? I much prefer it to 4 and 5 but think that may just be a nostalgia thing.
Didn’t like 5 at all but thinking I may give 6 a chance anyway 😂
for me it’s just so convoluted - Sidney has a brother who ordered the killings in the first film? The final act is pretty poor imo. You can tell those rumours about rewrites because of the Columbine shootings are true.

seeing 6 tomorrow! V excited

* no spoilers * but I just watched it and loved it ! I didn’t miss Sydney and actually Didn’t give her a second thought , it was fun , silly , jumpy “, pretty gross at times and jolly good fun ! Look forward to talking in more detail when more of you have seen it 💜

Reactions: 3
* no spoilers * but I just watched it and loved it ! I didn’t miss Sydney and actually Didn’t give her a second thought , it was fun , silly , jumpy “, pretty gross at times and jolly good fun ! Look forward to talking in more detail when more of you have seen it 💜
Would you say a rewatch of 5 is necessary before watching 6? Can’t remember much from 5

completely agree!
Would you say a rewatch of 5 is necessary before watching 6? Can’t remember much from 5
I’d say no :)

Reactions: 2
I just saw it and it had some fab scenarios, I have to hand it to the makers there, it definitely felt fresher being in New York. That said, I just find the newer main characters a bit hollow and totally lacking in memorability. I don’t feel much when they are in peril and I wasn’t too keen on who was behind it all either.

It was a bit of an improvement on the last one. Nice to see Hayden Pantierre.

you know what, I don’t think so? Weird considering she’s meant to be a professor at their university
glad I’m not going mad. They didn’t focus any investigation on her at all. I thought that was weird. It got me thinking after a bit that she may the killer 🤣 even though there was no way you could survive that!

I was just reading the Scream 3 wiki and Kevin Williamson - who wrote OG Scream and Scream 2 - had an outline for Scream 3 but he was unable to return to write it so the studio hired someone else, who went in a completely different direction.
Originally, Scream 3 was to return to Woodsboro and the killers were all kids who were fans of Stab. The final twist "of the movie was when Sidney walked into the house after Ghostface had killed everyone ... and they all rose up. None of them were actually dead and they'd planned the whole thing."

god! I’ve got to say I prefer that to what we actually got :(

I was just reading the Scream 3 wiki and Kevin Williamson - who wrote OG Scream and Scream 2 - had an outline for Scream 3 but he was unable to return to write it so the studio hired someone else, who went in a completely different direction.
Originally, Scream 3 was to return to Woodsboro and the killers were all kids who were fans of Stab. The final twist "of the movie was when Sidney walked into the house after Ghostface had killed everyone ... and they all rose up. None of them were actually dead and they'd planned the whole thing."

god! I’ve got to say I prefer that to what we actually got :(
I thought the script got changed because there was a school shooting in America close to its release and the studio thought the similarities were too alike?

I thought the script got changed because there was a school shooting in America close to its release and the studio thought the similarities were too alike?
both are true - Kevin’s outline was ignored and they went in a completely different direction, multiple rewrites because of Columbine massacre