Scream 5

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It has been confirmed this evening that Neve Campbell is leaving the franchise and won't be appearing in the upcoming sixth instalment due for release in March 2023.

A shame to lose the main star of the franchise but Scream 5 did feel very much like it was passing the baton down to the next generation. Reading her statement I wonder if it was written for her to be the opening kill?

I really like Neve and I think it’s right that she has stuck up for herself if she was offered a subpar part or insulting money after all these years.

At the same time I guess the issue is what can you do with Sydney? I have the feeling they maybe manoeuvred Neve out as they were possibly struggling for anything credible. They can’t kill her and she can’t become the killer either as fans would hate it and Neve would also not be on board. Sydney being around the new gang that she barely knows makes no sense either.

It’s different with Gale as her career is an excuse to stick about while all the murdering is going down and it’s in her character to insert herself.

Reactions: 1
I watched the David Arqutte documentary about him wrestling a little while ago, he’s not a well man mentally or physically.
He’s also broke after Scream seemed to typecast him and kill his career. I got the feeling Courtney Cox probably does the films so he can get some cash, ( I don’t think she needs the cash at all).
They are still friends and have a child together (he also has 2 young kids from his recent second marriage) and Coco (David and Courtney’s daughter) seems close to her half siblings too. Otherwise I don’t think he’d be able to financially support them, or indeed himself.

That a shame about Neve. I’m holding hope though that this is to throw us off the scent and she’ll be (if she’s truly bowing out) the opening kill of Scream 6

That a shame about Neve. I’m holding hope though that this is to throw us off the scent and she’ll be (if she’s truly bowing out) the opening kill of Scream 6
I reckon so, they would be absolutely mad not to use her for the opening if she truly is leaving - It would be so iconic, I would throw ALL the money at her.

I reckon so, they would be absolutely mad not to use her for the opening if she truly is leaving - It would be so iconic, I would throw ALL the money at her.
I don’t think Neve would agree to it. She has been pretty firm about not being killed off in the past.

Reactions: 4
Oh god, well I hope they don’t kill her off screen 😱
If they kill her off screen they might as well take a knife and start slashing the script, the budget and the franchise because it will kill any hope of rebooting it dead in the water

Reactions: 2
I really hope there will be no death for Sidney off screen. It just seems so wrong that after escaping and getting her life to move forward that she would die. I thought scream 6 would be the closing chapter for her in that she could just move on with her life once and for all.

Reactions: 2
I’m really not feeling it… I feel like it’s not gonna be Scream. But I’ll watch regardless, with or without Neve 😬

I’m really not feeling it… I feel like it’s not gonna be Scream. But I’ll watch regardless, with or without Neve 😬
I read an article over the weekend (I’m sorry I can’t find it rn) that said the studio did offer Neve the pay she asked for but she still declined as she was over it. And the studio felt very stung when Neve went to the press to say they completely refused her counter-offer, which wasn’t true. I’m hoping she returns for 7 and that’s the last in the series.

The social media reviews for the film are very very good - they are spoiler free but just in case:
reviews say Chad/Mason Gooding is a stand out, this one is gorier than ever etc etc

full reviews are out on the 8th I think! I unfortunately saw a leaked clip of the ending on twitter but I’m hoping it was fake

I read an article over the weekend (I’m sorry I can’t find it rn) that said the studio did offer Neve the pay she asked for but she still declined as she was over it. And the studio felt very stung when Neve went to the press to say they completely refused her counter-offer, which wasn’t true. I’m hoping she returns for 7 and that’s the last in the series.

The social media reviews for the film are very very good - they are spoiler free but just in case:
reviews say Chad/Mason Gooding is a stand out, this one is gorier than ever etc etc

full reviews are out on the 8th I think! I unfortunately saw a leaked clip of the ending on twitter but I’m hoping it was fake
Thanks forthe reply, I’m not going to open your spoiler before I watch just in case, and gutted for you that you might have seen a leaked ending. I honestly can’t envision that Neve after this long in the franchise would spread lies about pay in the media?? I’m wondering if it’s actually more of the case that the previous films had Wes’s name behind them and had the budget and pay packet and studio to pay the actors and the new reformat doesn’t. Why else would you drop Sidney Prescott from Scream?

Looking forward to seeing it. We've got the double feature of 5 & 6 booked for Wednesday. I didn't rate 5 so much but, I feel there is a bit more hype about this one.

Thanks forthe reply, I’m not going to open your spoiler before I watch just in case, and gutted for you that you might have seen a leaked ending. I honestly can’t envision that Neve after this long in the franchise would spread lies about pay in the media?? I’m wondering if it’s actually more of the case that the previous films had Wes’s name behind them and had the budget and pay packet and studio to pay the actors and the new reformat doesn’t. Why else would you drop Sidney Prescott from Scream?
the spoiler is more facts from reviews not actual spoilers but didn’t want people to get mad! I’m not sure about Neve but looking forward to seeing Kirby. Hope they don’t make her the killer

What does everyone think of the Scary Movie franchise? I thought the first two were funny and on point

What does everyone think of the Scary Movie franchise? I thought the first two were funny and on point
I love Scary Movie! 1 and 2 are great. "My germs!" is still a joke in the (incredibly immature) Loomis household. 3 has its moments, 4 not so much and I think I've only seen 5 once and I can't remember much of it. A 6th film would be most welcome!!

ive only ever seen the first one! Throughly enjoy the wassup parody hahah
I recommend the second too if you’re a scream/horror movie fan!

I love Scary Movie! 1 and 2 are great. "My germs!" is still a joke in the (incredibly immature) Loomis household. 3 has its moments, 4 not so much and I think I've only seen 5 once and I can't remember much of it. A 6th film would be most welcome!!

For me Scary Movie reached its peak at number 2 and for me a 6th would probably be not welcome lol