Scream 5

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was just reading the Scream 3 wiki and Kevin Williamson - who wrote OG Scream and Scream 2 - had an outline for Scream 3 but he was unable to return to write it so the studio hired someone else, who went in a completely different direction.
Originally, Scream 3 was to return to Woodsboro and the killers were all kids who were fans of Stab. The final twist "of the movie was when Sidney walked into the house after Ghostface had killed everyone ... and they all rose up. None of them were actually dead and they'd planned the whole thing."

god! I’ve got to say I prefer that to what we actually got :(
This is better!!!

Finally watched Scream 6, I thoroughly enjoyed it! Have they announced plans for anymore?
I think some of the “insiders” have said a 7th film was green lit even before 6 released. Inclined to believe them, it’s made a looot of money!

Reactions: 1
Neve will be back I'm sure. It'll be like Halloween - they'll bring Sydney back as an old tormented woman who is estranged from her grown up kids when yet another ghostface starts a rampage and her grandkids or whatever end up in his clutches and she has no choice but to escape from the asylum and go after ghostface.

I'll wait for VI to stream. I don't remember 2, 3 or 4 even though I watched 4 for the first time very recently. V was meh -- I clocked killer 1 the first time the person opened their mouth to speak and I never doubted it.
They really expect us to believe that 5ft 90lbs Amber was the ghostface that killed Doofy, when they were the same height as he was being stabbed.

I watched the David Arqutte documentary about him wrestling a little while ago, he’s not a well man mentally or physically.
He’s also broke after Scream seemed to typecast him and kill his career. I got the feeling Courtney Cox probably does the films so he can get some cash, ( I don’t think she needs the cash at all).
They are still friends and have a child together (he also has 2 young kids from his recent second marriage) and Coco (David and Courtney’s daughter) seems close to her half siblings too. Otherwise I don’t think he’d be able to financially support them, or indeed himself.
Wait, I thought those two were still married in real life, wtf

I have a feeling that the ending of this franchise will see Casey Becker, Steve Orth, Maureen Evans, Tatum, Dewey, Cici, etc and every one of the victims of the Ghostfaces throughout every film all “appear” at the end and stab whoever the final ghostface is simultaneously. Depending when the final film is, it might take some heavy CGI to make the actors involved look as young as they did when they “died” lol.
---
Wait, I thought those two were still married in real life, wtf
No, they got divorced, and it was quite a messy one at the time and sounded like it was down to his substance abuse problems, so it’s good to hear they are on friendly terms now. I think they were unhappy in marriage after Scream 3 and were divorced by Scream 4??
---
Neve will be back I'm sure. It'll be like Halloween - they'll bring Sydney back as an old tormented woman who is estranged from her grown up kids when yet another ghostface starts a rampage and her grandkids or whatever end up in his clutches and she has no choice but to escape from the asylum and go after ghostface.
Haven’t watched Halloween so I may be wrong about this but I am sure Jamie Lee Curtis was in every film, and if she wasn’t, it wasn’t because she was pushed out of the film beyond her own decision not to appear in it. They may want Neve back - she may choose not to appear in any out of principle. I’d hope she wouldn’t, out of the kindness of Scream fans, but also, she has to have her own morals and if she feels she was treated unfairly and refuses, I stand by her for that.
---
I think some of the “insiders” have said a 7th film was green lit even before 6 released. Inclined to believe them, it’s made a looot of money!
As an aside, I saw a trailer for Super Mario Bros today which I have read is widely panned before its release (I have no interest in Mario, nor any desire or plans to watch it) and the advert on TV said “free power up” (referring to thegame) and from what I gathered the free power up was a second ticket for free to the cinema to watch it again. I was like 😮. Is that even legal? They can of course give free tickets to anyone they like, but from a “viewings” and “tickets sold” POV of how well the film does, isn’t this a blatant form of cheating and fudging the figures for a film that has been widely panned and criticised and predicted low figures!?

Last edited:
Haven’t watched Halloween so I may be wrong about this but I am sure Jamie Lee Curtis was in every film, and if she wasn’t, it wasn’t because she was pushed out of the film beyond her own decision not to appear in it. They may want Neve back - she may choose not to appear in any out of principle. I’d hope she wouldn’t, out of the kindness of Scream fans, but also, she has to have her own morals and if she feels she was treated unfairly and refuses, I stand by her for that.
---
Jamie hasn’t been in every one, but I think as you say it has been up to her if she appears or not.

Neve is getting the best roles she’s had for years. That started before Scream 5 with House of Cards and Lincoln Lawyer. It looks like that momentum is continuing, so I think it will be a hard sell to get her to return after she felt snubbed. I’m with you, I support her sticking up for herself if she feels undervalued.

Hoping they don’t see the amount of money VI made as a sign they don’t need Neve. I liked VI and didn’t see how Neve would fit in to it but it would be nice to have her back and close out the franchise for a while (hopefully that’s their plan anyway). I feel like they’re building up to Sam and Tara’s mother being an overall mastermind a la Scream 3/Roman, I hope that’s not true but I am going to need a different motive than avenging family/the movies made me do it. Can we have a good old fashioned idiot like Stu!

Watched Scream 6 last night and enjoyed it. I preferred it to 5 and didn't think Sidney was missed tbh.

At the end of the film, how did the three killers get into the building as Kirby rigged the two front doors to trap anyone entering? Plus it was padlocked. Quinn and Ethan could have unlocked the padlock for the dad if they were already inside but they seemed a bit busy.

For anyone who’s still a fan or interested, Melissa Barrera who plays Sam was fired for “antisemitism”. Without getting too political, the studio are classing her calling for a ceasefire as antisemitism 😵💫

• Wow
Good, I hope they all show solidarity. She’s got an easy out because it was reported the writers have to start again with the script (considering Sam is a main character) so Jenna could claim “creative differences” to get out the contract. Jenna, Mason (Chad) and Jasmin (Mindy) have all been posting on Instagram in support of a ceasefire so not sure why they’ve specifically targeted Melissa with “antisemitism”.

Off topic but Susan Sarandon publicly marched for Palestine and supported a ceasefire and she has been dropped by her agent!

• Wow