Scottish Politics #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He's toast.

He doesn't survive this, even if Ash Regan supports him, I can see 1 or 2 SNP MSPs rebelling.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
"It's no great loss" said Humza re: Ash Regan when she defected to Alba

Now it looks like his fate is in her hands

Beautiful 🥲

• Haha
Reactions: 9
But then they vote in fear of being sacked for not towing the party line.
Still disagree. All votes need to be public. I want to know what my msp is voting for/against.

It's a wider political issue and I much prefer where I live where the majority of the candidates are independent and not party political. The sooner all elections are proportional representation the better.

Reactions: 3
Harvie's loving the spotlight just now, Sky news, STV, BBC.
---
Still disagree. All votes need to be public. I want to know what my msp is voting for/against.

It's a wider political issue and I much prefer where I live where the majority of the candidates are independent and not party political. The sooner all elections are proportional representation the better.
The only problem with total PR is the potential for all sorts of nutters getting a voice & blocking reasonable proposals, I agree though that first-past-the-post isn't perfect.
Places like The Netherlands are PR & it's constant stalemate, with around 16 different parties & various extremists too.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
But then they vote in fear of being sacked for not towing the party line.
Not sacked but the party whip getting take of them which then lowers the SNP numbers to run the parliament as the majority party .
#shitshow
#godhelpus

Reactions: 2