Scottish Politics #2

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Harvie & Slater were outwitted by the most dimwitted 1st Minister, no wonder they are sat raging at 1st Minister's Questions just now
😬

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I was involved in an event with Lorna Slater a couple of years ago. Honestly there are no words to articulate how dense she is, it was embarrassing to more than a few people there. She has been completely protected during this farce of a coalition just to prop up votes.

Two more years of this panto until a election?

Reactions: 6
Douglas Ross has tabled a vote of no confidence in the 1st Minister, I believe the SNP would have 63 votes, Lab/Con/LibDem 57, Greens 7, Alba 1
The Greens & Alba would be needed to bin Humza 😬
Interesting

Douglas Ross has tabled a vote of no confidence in the 1st Minister, I believe the SNP would have 63 votes, Lab/Con/LibDem 57, Greens 7, Alba 1
The Greens & Alba would be needed to bin Humza 😬
Interesting
Or there could be a party split and members of his own party vote against......I'm looking at you Kate Forbes ;)

When he goes, hopefully after the VONC, it is guaranteed he will play the race card for being ousted.

Reactions: 5
Well let’s keep this honest. The Greens are a minority extremist party and they were used by the SNP. Like the Lib Dems before them, dangle a touch of power in front of them. Power they wouldn’t have a cat in hells chance of obtaining otherwise, and they will deal with satan themselves. Did they actually think this was a coalition of equals and they were anything other than useful votes/idiots?

Of course the problem is, as Yousaf had discovered, that extremists want extreme things. Scotland wasn’t hitting the 2030 target without doing lasting irreparable damage to it’s economy. We are talking decades of recovery if at all. To a Green extremist, who will never hold power and have to justify the decision, that is a price worth paying. If Yousaf’s dream of independence comes true, he would have to answer to the people of Scotland when the lights go out.
---
When he goes, hopefully after the VONC, it is guaranteed he will play the race card for being ousted.
Absolutely. Victimhood is the most precious commodity in modern political discourse. Just ask Prince Harry, who grew up in a literal palace. Isn't he some sort of victim and progressive icon now?

Reactions: 8
The greens need SNP voters using their lists votes for them. They might be annoyed now but come the VONC I don't think they'll bring him down or piss off SNP voters.

Reactions: 3
the problem is the SNP is full of in-fighting, he could get brought down regardless. It's a total shitshow

Screenshot_20240425-143649.thumb.png.f96e25e9b078b83a09ed64a0ee0f29b2.png

These are the same clowns who wanted to decimate small fishing communities/islands up the West Coast via designated no-catch zones, which were already working fine, being sustainable & eco-friendly.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Looks like the Greens aren’t going to support him, so down to Ash now.
Could be interesting week ahead now.