School memories from the 80’s/90’s.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My youngest had a check at school by a dental nurse, the whole year did

The thin man terrified me. My mum had to ask the school to not let me watch it 😂

These were the books everyone wanted to read when I was 13
View attachment 277252View attachment 277253
I remember flowers in the attic.when we were in secondary school we got hold of a copy of Lace I read it first and then passed it onto my friend but the teacher caught her with it and I got detention over it ,she wrote my name all over it and told the teacher it was mine, I missed a school trip over it,I’ve never forgiven her 😂
658320BF-EBF0-4196-8A94-86AB85DA3CEF.png

Only with crazy piano woman with the Princess Diana haircut, may I add, rocking away in the corner.
I've never heard of it 😂 it sounded like something Elvis would sing.

B6CB09A6-3FAE-4D6D-9E81-63D80C195AEF.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
We used to sing

I went to the Chinese chip shop, to buy a loaf of bread bread bread.
He wrapped it up in a five pound note and this is what he said said said.
My name is Elvis Presley, girls are sexy, sitting in the back seat drinking Pepsi
Holding a baby, in the navy
do me a favour
Drop dead!
Ours was slightly different...

I went to the Chinese restaurant to buy a loaf of bread bread bread
He wrapped it up in a five pound note and this is what he said said said
My name is Eli Chickali, Chickali Eli, rom pom poodle, wally wally whiskers, Indian chief “woooo” How!

Makes even less sense than yours!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
We sung this (or a very similar version) in Year 4 and looking back, it's kinda creepy 😬😬😬

We are the *school name* girls,
We wear our hair in curls
We wear our bras so tight
It is a sexy sight
You know the boy next door
He got me on the floor
He gave me 50 pence
To go behind the fence
He counted 1-2-3
He stuck it into me
My mother was surprised
To see my belly rise
My father jumped for joy
To see a new baby boy
OMG I remember singing that!! Very inappropriate

Also at junior school, at playtime the teacher would bring a large box of these out of her stockroom and sell them for 10p a bag.
There were sometimes quite sharp “puffs” in there that would make your gums bleed!

12C3F43D-2650-4BF4-BAF9-8973DDF0E1D1.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Also at junior school, at playtime the teacher would bring a large box of these out of her stockroom and sell them for 10p a bag.
There were sometimes quite sharp “puffs” in there that would make your gums bleed!

View attachment 278007
I loved these as a kid. My favourite way to eat them was on a buttered roll 😋😂

Reactions: 3
Those at junior school in the 70’s, do you remember Geoffrey Wheeler?
Next to the blackboard every classroom had a built in speaker but you couldn’t see it, just a knob on the outside.
At certain times they would be a broadcast which was narrated by Geoffrey Wheeler and we’d all sit at our desks listening to it. The technology knew no bounds!

We’d also all walk up to the assembly hall to watch “How We Used to Live” on the television on the tall trolley and the TV had wooden doors on the front which covered the screen when not in use. The teacher used to get really peed off if someone had got to the telly before her and we’d go back to class!

• Haha
omg judy blume! I read pretty much all of her books when I was about 9/10 (probably too young) and remembered them as really racy (in parts) I read a couple of them last year (as an adult) and they were no way as racy as i remembered!
Judy Blume’s Forever was the one that shocked me where he introduces her to his willy and says it’s name is Ralph! Her books are great though, well written. I loved Tiger Eyes. Anybody else collected Point Horrors with their memorable covers? We were obsessed with them and the cheesy Point Romance too.

Talking of cheesy romance, remember all the mags like My Guy, Shout, Just 17 etc would describe fit lads as ‘dishy’ and ‘dreamboats’but who would actually use those words in real life 😂😂😂

• Haha
The apparatus in the assembly hall which came out for PE. The blue gym mats. Wearing black plimsolls!
Book sales.
All parents having to do a whip round to buy one of the teachers a pair of designer jeans (can't remember why, but I do remember she was a mean teacher)
Red jelly and ice cream for dessert in the cafeteria
Playing "Just Grandma and Me" and "The Crystal Rainforest" on the PC

I cant be the only one who absolutely loved this book. I loved it more than all the Babysitters Clubs combined!!
God I loved Babysitters Club too but wasn’t that chapter a pain in the arse that was in every single book recapping all the characters.

did anyone watch heartbreak high? was an australian show on (I think) bbc.
Yesss and I just found them all on Youtube! Love it when they say ‘rack off’ 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I'm not sure if they watch much TV in the primary's now my son never mentions it ,I know they get to bring in a movie around holiday times 🤷‍♀️ they seem to focus more on written work now where as years ago it was more visual ..
Haha mine doesn't have TV on wheels they now watch YouTube on the white interactive board, yoga and meditation daily 🤣 quite the change from my school days

Omg yes loved these sure my mum still has copies at home

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Haha mine doesn't have TV on wheels they now watch YouTube on the white interactive board, yoga and meditation daily 🤣 quite the change from my school days
Yoga and meditation 😂 now that is a big change

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I had the prefect one 😇🤣🤣 thought i was so cool 🤣
Edit: I think i actually still have it at my mums 😂
Yes my mum still has my jumper with all my badges on it, signed by all the kids on the last day

Reactions: 1
In nursery, our nursery teacher used to smack your bare bottom if you were naughty. I was petrified of that happening, no way did I want my knickers pulled down in front of everyone. At infants the head teacher was called Mrs Smacdowell because she was a hitter too. Can you imagine that nowadays, they'd be put in prison! I remember our milk was stored in the cellar and two boys in our class would go and get it, we used to line up for milk and a biscuit then go out to play. My dog got into the school playground a number of times, kids would be chasing after him and he'd be running around loving the attention, too busy to hear me shouting him. We used to go to the school library once a month to get a book out. Once every term a class used to do an assembly on a special subject, usually a religion or culture, so we would learn about the culture and then we would demonstrate what we had learnt using dance and poetry or a short play. I remember when we did a talent contest, I was shy and had no discernible talent so I stayed out of it but my best friend sang Lucky Star by Madonna but I thought she had written it because I'd never heard it before. I thought she was so talented 😂😂

• Haha
  • Wow
There was an "educational game" which consisted of a red blob with a face, I cant quite remember what it was called, Pob or something along those lines, if you typed it a task or expression, it would do it. This was usually a "treat".
Pob was the weird puppet In the stripy roll neck that would breath on the screen then write his name in it. Then Nigel Kennedy would come out and play his violin looking like he was strung out on drugs
Podd. He was also a treat for us when we were given free time. We got in trouble for asking him to poo.
Same 😂 every time we were allowed on,
Poo and wee.
We’d also get told off for looking up Father in the German/English dictionary or who invented the loo.
Toilet humour was obviously big for us.

Every year for the Xmas play we’d do a combined class number with everyone dressed the same based on what you already had a home, because absolutely everyone had it. So one year it was hypercolour/neon t-shirts with cycling shorts, another was stone wash jeans and a white polo.... we were the only ones In the class without a shell suit the year that was the theme so Dad took us up the market. We all came home with one, Mum, Dad, siblings, a whole family of shell suits 😂 We all stopped wearing them after everyone got scared of the sparkler = melting clothing videos

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
This absolute legend.... I can still hear the theme song 😂
1602899467350.jpeg

pob!!! Ha haaaa I can’t look at James Arthur without thinking of POB