School memories from the 80’s/90’s.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Covering your jotters with wallpaper.
Playing Red Rover in the playground and nearly getting killed.
Being a school monitor in P7 and having to keep an eye on the younger children at playtime.
Being made a Prefect in secondary school but didn’t take it as seriously as being a monitor. 😂 Having a “buddy” in first year, who was supposed to show you around.
Cartons of milk.
The overhead projector.
Blackboards.
Dodgy school photos (binned most of mine especially early secondary year ones when I had teen acne 🤮)

These bad boys with custard at lunchtime:

F78F2246-A28A-449D-BFF8-8B1E6664BE4E.jpeg
2905299A-D23B-43FD-AFD3-F15234AC97D4.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 10
In our school if you fell out with someone, you’d make this clear by saying ‘you’re off my Christmas card list’ or if it was within a month or so ‘you’re not coming to my birthday party’.
It was pretty devastating.

When you inevitably made friends again you’d face each other, cross your arms over and hold hands while saying
‘Make friends, make friends,
never, never break friends.
If you do, you’ll catch the flu and that will be the end of you’.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I cant be the only one who absolutely loved this book. I loved it more than all the Babysitters Clubs combined!!
Did it have the word bastard in it?

Covering your jotters with wallpaper.
Playing Red Rover in the playground and nearly getting killed.
Being a school monitor in P7 and having to keep an eye on the younger children at playtime.
Being made a Prefect in secondary school but didn’t take it as seriously as being a monitor. 😂 Having a “buddy” in first year, who was supposed to show you around.
Cartons of milk.
The overhead projector.
Blackboards.
Dodgy school photos (binned most of mine especially early secondary year ones when I had teen acne 🤮)

These bad boys with custard at lunchtime:

View attachment 278152View attachment 278153
Caramel Flan loved it. I worked in a nursery where none of the children liked it so me and my colleague would eat it.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Scratchy tracing paper toilet roll. One roll on the wall as you came in so you took what you needed before going into the toilet 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Did anyone used to play forty forty save all... loved that game.
Also I’m pretty sure our song was
I went to a Chinese restaurant
To buy a loaf of bread bread bread
He wrapped it up in a £5 note and this is what it said said said,

my name is high low chicka low chicka low, chicka low, high low chicka low high 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Did anyone used to play forty forty save all... loved that game.
Also I’m pretty sure our song was
I went to a Chinese restaurant
To buy a loaf of bread bread bread
He wrapped it up in a £5 note and this is what it said said said,

my name is high low chicka low chicka low, chicka low, high low chicka low high 😂😂
Thats what we used to sing too 🤣

Reactions: 5
Did it have the word bastard in it?

Caramel Flan loved it. I worked in a nursery where none of the children liked it so me and my colleague would eat it.
Yes. I think the specific sentence was "William the conqueror? William the bastard". I was not prepared 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Not strictly school related but Playdays❤ Also would recommend the bbc archive Facebook page for some nostalgia, they’re always posting random old Blue Peter clips and what not.
F73B21D2-DA96-46A5-AEF9-197536317F2C.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Does anyone remember these? Im sure we got given them at primary school for giving money?
7DB5EE23-BA31-4164-A480-4CC4C1442795.jpeg

Paper fortune tellers

Biff and Chip

Wanting to be the chariot in the chariot race on sports day (four people carrying you)

Blackboards.
I assume blackboards and chalk are now just history though whiteboards and marker pens are still around.

I remember you used to have to wait a few weeks after school photos were taken for them to be developed and then pick up the printed hard copies from school. Nowadays, I assume they're just taken then emailed.

Reactions: 4
I assume blackboards and chalk are now just history though whiteboards and marker pens are still around.

I remember you used to have to wait a few weeks after school photos were taken for them to be developed and then pick up the printed hard copies from school. Nowadays, I assume they're just taken then emailed.
god i HATE the noise of chalk, I talk in Italy about 10 years ago and they still had them in schools there. When I was in year 5 we had a blackboard and a teacher with fake nails who often used to break the chalk (by accident or not, who knows?) and her nails would scract down the board. even just thinking about it gives me shivers

Reactions: 1
I remember we had to sing this in a school show everyone swaying

• Heart
A bit random but I remembered today that at primary school I wore a belt that had a little zip pocket for money. This was only at that school, I moved a few times and it wasn’t part of the uniform anywhere else. Did anyone else have one of these as part of their uniform?

0B42F725-CB0E-4452-B3BA-D8D8FD418DA9.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 3
A bit random but I remembered today that at primary school I wore a belt that had a little zip pocket for money. This was only at that school, I moved a few times and it wasn’t part of the uniform anywhere else. Did anyone else have one of these as part of their uniform?

View attachment 278667
Not for school but something similar for Brownies. That uniform - my eyes!

60a23505ae5789e6600f9f348efb3000.jpg

Also, a bit niche but as badges of pride testifying to my greed for Jaffa Cakes, I was in the McVee club and had these. Should have worn them on my Brownie uniform as I had more of those than achievement badges 😞

mcvities-jaffa-cakes-set-munchkin_360_0ac0984a8375be396901d4d8749a6c58.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 7