School memories from the 80’s/90’s.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
the worst of both worlds :LOL: we had a blackboard at primary school and I vividly remember one teacher who had fake nails (constantly) dropping/ breaking the chalk and her nails going down the board :sick:
thats what you get if you didn’t pay attention, or the board wipe launched in your direction

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Christ i've never even seen a real life blackboard 🤣 :oops: I'm only 24 so I went into school with interactive whiteboards. no ipads but we did have a computer room
I was born 91 and went to school with blackboards, traditional desks, and learned to write in cursive with a fountain pen! Hardly used a computer outside of IT lessons until sixth form!

• Wow
Reactions: 21
Christ i've never even seen a real life blackboard 🤣 :oops: I'm only 24 so I went into school with interactive whiteboards. no ipads but we did have a computer room
Smart boards 😻 our computer room used to be in a little hut by our school field and it felt like the best adventure ever when we went to it 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Smart boards 😻 our computer room used to be in a little hut by our school field and it felt like the best adventure ever when we went to it 😂
Yes! ours was through a door where all our coats were kept. Felt like going to narnia for one lesson a week 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I taught in Italy in a high school about 10 years ago and they ONLY had black boards then, I am now early 30s and hadn;t seen one since primary school. The noise of writing on them made me feel physically sick. Maybe you will get to see one in a museum some day ? :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 6
And to think I felt guilty for derailing yesterday over a brief mention of pick n mix.

You lot have gone rogue 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I think I must have been in the first year at my 6th form college to be in a classroom with smartboards, none of the teachers were able to use them , I have had to use them at work sometimes and I hate them tbh

It was, and the last week of term we were treated to films
for us it was literally ALWAYS the same film though (Miss Congeniality) it was like they had totally given up and couldn't even get us a new one!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I think I must have been in the first year at my 6th form college to be in a classroom with smartboards, none of the teachers were able to use them , I have had to use them at work sometimes and I hate them tbh

for us it was literally ALWAYS the same film though (Miss Congeniality) it was like they had totally given up and couldn't even get us a new one!
Ours was words and pictures

Reactions: 14
Our last day of school film was watership down, two years in a row (so Yr 4 and 5). My mum complained after the second time of me coming home utterly distraught about the poor bunnies. Then in Yr 6 they changed it to animal farm. I still well up at the thought of Boxer being taken to the glue factory.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
Ours was words and pictures
I had never seen this, it reminds me of playschool weirdly. In primary school we seemed to watch loads of educational programmes during the day, I don't know if that is the case now

Reactions: 3