Scariest TV shows or films you’ve ever seen

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There are a couple of episodes of Dr Who which must have traumatised quite a few kids. 'Blink' was the first one featuring the stone angels, and 'The Empty Child', which scared the bejesus out of this grownup!
My son was scared of the Empty Child episode for years. On reflection he was probably a bit young for it at the time, but he LOVED Doctor Who.
He's in his 20s now and if you say the words 'are you my mummy' to him, he is still a bit funny about it.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Agree, the book is very good as well. Great cast and a soundtrack that fits perfectly.

Reactions: 1
I remember a fire safety public information film in the 1970s where a little girl's voice is calling "mummy! Mummy! Mummy!" and it echoes as the house is burning down. Scared and scarred me for bloody years!

Reactions: 3
There was one called The Green Death. It was during the Jon Pertwee era and it was about giant maggots. Sounds ridiculous but absolutely terrified me as a kid.

Another childhood trauma was watching Quiet As A Nun which was an Armchair Thriller. Nun in a rocking chair. No, no no ...
My flatmate has just confirmed The Green Death as genuinely terrifying

I remember a fire safety public information film in the 1970s where a little girl's voice is calling "mummy! Mummy! Mummy!" and it echoes as the house is burning down. Scared and scarred me for bloody years!
oh now you are talking.. some of those public information films were terrifying

Reactions: 4
My flatmate has just confirmed The Green Death as genuinely terrifying

oh now you are talking.. some of those public information films were terrifying
I watched a clip of The Green death on you tube recently and it looked ridiculous in this day and age but I'm 55 now ... those big maggots have stuck with me.

Public information films back in the 70's did sugar coat anything. This is a very famous one from 1973. The fact it was voiced by the very creepy actor Donald Pleasence says it all.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I watched a clip of The Green death on you tube recently and it looked ridiculous in this day and age but I'm 55 now ... those big maggots have stuck with me.

Public information films back in the 70's did sugar coat anything. This is a very famous one from 1973. The fact it was voiced by the very creepy actor Donald Pleasence says it all.

I was born in the 80s so dont remember this but I remember the firework safety ad from the early 90s with the guy whose face was half blown off, very tame in comparison to that but even that I cannot imagine being shown now

Reactions: 5

omg that was the one I was thinking about

Reactions: 1
My sisters are 15 + years older than me. I vividly remember being about 7 and them sitting and watching a film that terrified me...big unblinking eyes in yellow wallpaper. It really stayed with me. They denied it to mum and I never knew what the film was called until Google came along. Turns out it was called...the Yellow Wallpaper. Still couldn't watch it now.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I was posting about The Exorcist in the Horror Movies thread and I remember this scene really made me jump when I saw it, it still does even though I know it's coming ....

• Wow
Reactions: 2
I was posting about The Exorcist in the Horror Movies thread and I remember this scene really made me jump when I saw it, it still does even though I know it's coming ....

The Exorcist is up there as one of my favourites. My Gran had some sort of bootleg VHS that came from the states, and she never let me watch it, despite letting me see all sorts of other horror films. I was about 12 when she and my Grandad went to a wedding and my cousins were looking after me and we watched it and scared the hell out of ourselves. I didn't see it again until "The Version You've Never Seen" was released and I saw it in the cinema. There was a stage production of it toured a few years back as well. That was astounding. Can't wait for the new one.