Scariest TV shows or films you’ve ever seen

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
not a horror movie but Changeling with Angelina Jolie traumatised me when I watched it as a teenager. There is one scene in particular where children are murdered I think about every so often and it just kills me. I will never be able to rewatch it due to that scene. And it’s based on a true story

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Have any of you guys seen the show ‘From’ ? It seems to have gone under the radar a bit as it’s on a US channel called Epix. I just binged watched the first season. It’s kind of a cross between lost and walking dead but I would highly recommend!! Some good scary moments too. It’s also been renewed for a second season!

Hot off the press 👩‍💻 really enjoyed Black Phone, not frightening as such, more jump scares. The first one I swear the whole cinema lifted a foot out of their seats!.
I'm not sure if I'm on a sugar high from the cinema snacks or it's pure adrenaline - either way highly recommend ⭐ ⭐ ⭐.

There are a couple of episodes of Dr Who which must have traumatised quite a few kids. 'Blink' was the first one featuring the stone angels, and 'The Empty Child', which scared the bejesus out of this grownup!

There are a couple of episodes of Dr Who which must have traumatised quite a few kids. 'Blink' was the first one featuring the stone angels, and 'The Empty Child', which scared the bejesus out of this grownup!
There was one called The Green Death. It was during the Jon Pertwee era and it was about giant maggots. Sounds ridiculous but absolutely terrified me as a kid.

Another childhood trauma was watching Quiet As A Nun which was an Armchair Thriller. Nun in a rocking chair. No, no no ...

Reactions: 1
I loved the weeping angels on Doctor Who . I think Blink was strong enough in its own right to be good without the Doctor Who aspect.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Currently watching Channel Zero Candle Cove. Has anyone seen this show? It’s a little slow tbh and not that scary. There are another 3 seasons which i will watch as each is a different story

Something that really freaked me out when I was a kid was The stepford children 🤣watching it now it seems so silly but I had nightmares for so long afterwards

There was one called The Green Death. It was during the Jon Pertwee era and it was about giant maggots. Sounds ridiculous but absolutely terrified me as a kid.

Another childhood trauma was watching Quiet As A Nun which was an Armchair Thriller. Nun in a rocking chair. No, no no ...
Don't forget to add that the nun had no face 😆😵

Actually, one of the most scary things I saw on TV when I was very little was comedian Tommy Cooper collapsing and dying on stage at the London Palladium 😔

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
Actually, one of the most scary things I saw on TV when I was very little was comedian Tommy Cooper collapsing and dying on stage at the London Palladium 😔
I’ve seen this. 😞 The audience laugh thinking it’s a joke and then the curtains drop and it cuts to a break. Really sad moment.

• Sad
Seen it online and was alive when it happened but too young to be watching. Horrible and tragically sad. Only wrestling fans will know about a sort of similar incident in 1999 when Owen Hart was supposed to be lowered to the ring in an entertainment stunt and fell to his death on a live show. Although the commentators said it was real, some of the people I watched it with (on TV, not there) thought it was an act and some of the audience hadn't a clue what had really happened. The show carried on, even while Owen was rushed backstage on a stretcher with medics desperately trying to save him. Makes me cold, cry and shiver to this day.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Seen it online and was alive when it happened but too young to be watching. Horrible and tragically sad. Only wrestling fans will know about a sort of similar incident in 1999 when Owen Hart was supposed to be lowered to the ring in an entertainment stunt and fell to his death on a live show. Although the commentators said it was real, some of the people I watched it with (on TV, not there) thought it was an act and some of the audience hadn't a clue what had really happened. The show carried on, even while Owen was rushed backstage on a stretcher with medics desperately trying to save him. Makes me cold, cry and shiver to this day.
I was watching that as it happened. I'll never forget the look on Jerry Lawlers face as they announced Owen had died. It as the first time I'd seen him break character. MNR the next night was so sad.

It certainly was. So unnecessary as well. Hard to believe it's 23 years ago.

Megan is missing is truly disturbing. I’ve not seen anything like it to be honest.. one particular scene which I won’t say on here stuck with me and it’s just awful. 😩

There is a film called O lucky Man! with Malcom McDowell, it is a weird disjointed film with powerful themes and imagery. One scene in particular is terrifying to watch - a man volunteers to be a guinea pig for some kind of medical research. Malcom McDowell's character accompanies him. The man awakes after the procedure, to McDowell's absolute horror, the man has the body of a pig. McDowell lets out a blood curdling scream, it is a truly terrifying scene.
I’ve just watched this on YouTube wtf 😳

Megan is missing is truly disturbing. I’ve not seen anything like it to be honest.. one particular scene which I won’t say on here stuck with me and it’s just awful. 😩

I’ve just watched this on YouTube wtf 😳
where did you find it on youtube? I just watched the trailer and it seems like a totally bizarre fever dream!