Saxenda Support & Advice #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi just wondering if anyone can help. I ordered my saxenda from the london slimming clinic on tuesday and was supposed to receive it on wednesday as stated on the website but due to the jubilee celebrations delivery was put off until today even though i ordered in the time frame for delivery before the jubilee. Got my one hour time slot from dpd and i wont be in so changed delivery to tomorrow but my question is as it it has to be refrigerated will it all be ruined now?:(

Hi just wondering if anyone can help. I ordered my saxenda from the london slimming clinic on tuesday and was supposed to receive it on wednesday as stated on the website but due to the jubilee celebrations delivery was put off until today even though i ordered in the time frame for delivery before the jubilee. Got my one hour time slot from dpd and i wont be in so changed delivery to tomorrow but my question is as it it has to be refrigerated will it all be ruined now?:(
It will be fine they are well packaged.

Also depending on where you are on your journey and how many pens you ordered, you'll use most of it within 30 days anyway (which is how long you can keep out of the fridge and still use).

Reactions: 2
So I’m back on Saxenda after about a month or so off as it made me SO sick. I posted on the previous thread about the sickness, vomiting, headaches etc etc that forced me to stop….
Well this time around it has been a lot better !
Just under two weeks in and I’ve lost 5lbs. Happy with this as I want the weight loss to be slow and steady.

I’m really interested to hear from people who have stopped Saxenda after losing the weight. Was there any weight gain/side effects/hunger pangs/cravings ?

Also any advice for constipation ?! Sorry TMI but its got me this time😳

• Heart
We’ve been on holiday over the bank holiday so cracking on with a solid meal and exercise plan from tomorrow. Feeling more full now I’m on 1.2 which is good

So I’m back on Saxenda after about a month or so off as it made me SO sick. I posted on the previous thread about the sickness, vomiting, headaches etc etc that forced me to stop….
Well this time around it has been a lot better !
Just under two weeks in and I’ve lost 5lbs. Happy with this as I want the weight loss to be slow and steady.

I’m really interested to hear from people who have stopped Saxenda after losing the weight. Was there any weight gain/side effects/hunger pangs/cravings ?

Also any advice for constipation ?! Sorry TMI but its got me this time😳
Well done on your loss 👏

Reactions: 1
Hi all, I’m 99% sure I’m going to try this, but I’m just tying to get my head around it. So if I buy one pen, it says it will last me 17 days. Does that mean I’ll be buying a new pen every 17 days? And do you buy a different pen each time depending on what dose you need? As I know you gradually go up in doses. Would you recommend I spoke with a pharmacist before ordering online? Many thanks in advance!

Hi all, I’m 99% sure I’m going to try this, but I’m just tying to get my head around it. So if I buy one pen, it says it will last me 17 days. Does that mean I’ll be buying a new pen every 17 days? And do you buy a different pen each time depending on what dose you need? As I know you gradually go up in doses. Would you recommend I spoke with a pharmacist before ordering online? Many thanks in advance!
Your first pen will last 17 days if you follow the recommended dosage plan, which is 7 days on 0.6, 7 days on 1.2, 7 days on 1.8, 7 days on 2.4 and then 3.0 from there on.

If you follow the dosage plan, your first pen last 17 days, second pen lasts 7 days and then each pen after that last 6 days.

You buy new pens as and when you need them to make sure you have enough for everyday without breaks.

Reactions: 3
But some people find the lower doses work, so stick with those. For example I only went up to 1.2 after about 6 weeks. I have just gone up to 1.8 (3 months) as my appetite picked up and weight loss stalled. For some, the sicky side affects are a but much, so we prefer the lower doses.

But some people find the lower doses work, so stick with those. For example I only went up to 1.2 after about 6 weeks. I have just gone up to 1.8 (3 months) as my appetite picked up and weight loss stalled. For some, the sicky side affects are a but much, so we prefer the lower doses.
I went up to 1.2 after a week and it give me the worst heartburn. It was so bad I couldn’t sleep. So now I take 0.6 in the morning and 0.6 in afternoon. I’m on day 12 :)

Has anyone taken saxenda abroad? I’m on day 12 and possibly going away for 6 days middle to end of June. I really don’t want to have a break and have to start all over when I get home. It’s an all inclusive holiday and I want to still eat without pigging out like I usually do

Last edited:
I went up to 1.2 after a week and it give me the worst heartburn. It was so bad I couldn’t sleep. So now I take 0.6 in the morning and 0.6 in afternoon. I’m on day 12 :)

Has anyone taken saxenda abroad? I’m on day 12 and possibly going away for 6 days middle to end of June. I really don’t want to have a break and have to start all over when I get home. It’s an all inclusive holiday and I want to still eat without pigging out like I usually do
I’ve seen some people do, I think you have to take it in your hand luggage rather than hold

Take it in hold luggage, not hand. I had no issues.
I’m a type 1 diabetic with an insulin pump, I’ve always been told not to put my insulin in the hold because of the potential for it to freeze and degrade down under the plane. Not sure if it is the same with saxenda?

14 weeks in and I've lost 24lbs. I'm so happy with my progress 😁

I've just come back from a weeks holiday and lost 2lbs! I didn't drink much but did eat out a lot & have 2 takeaways but due to reduce appetite I must of still be in a calorie deficit.

• Heart
Reactions: 7

I've just come back from a weeks holiday and lost 2lbs! I didn't drink much but did eat out a lot & have 2 takeaways but due to reduce appetite I must of still be in a calorie deficit.
That’s amazing well done!

Well interestingly I’ve felt really sick being on 1.2 since Friday, still nauseous and can’t stop going to the loo which is the total opposite to the last time! I’ve lost 4lbs overnight 🙃

The private hospital have not got back to me so I have gone ahead with boots. Just waiting to hear back. 🤞🏼

I’ve never refrigerated my pens and took in my hold luggage on a few flights now. Still steadily losing.

Amazing

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.