Saxenda Support & Advice #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Day 2 of being back on Saxenda and it hasn’t curbed my appetite and no side effects?
---

Does anyone know if you can buy the needles separately? I've stayed at a lower dose due to side effects but will run out of needles before the pens run out
You can from London Slimming Clinic

How long have you been off it if you’re on day 2 again? It may take longer or a higher dose to feel any effects of it.

I’ve bought extra needles from chemist direct. They were about £4 IIRC. I’ve never actually used any of them though. It’s a shame we can’t pm because I could have just sent you a box. I’ve got 2 spare as I bought one when I started and I was sent one with an order.

How long have you been off it if you’re on day 2 again? It may take longer or a higher dose to feel any effects of it.

I’ve bought extra needles from chemist direct. They were about £4 IIRC. I’ve never actually used any of them though. It’s a shame we can’t pm because I could have just sent you a box. I’ve got 2 spare as I bought one when I started and I was sent one with an order.
I had to go off it after 4 days for a week because I got really sick with a cold bug.

When there is a new thread, it’s worth having “Ozempic” in the title too as a few of us take it instead of Saxenda. Maybe by the thread after that Wegovy will have hit the UK pharmacies. Here’s hoping anyway!

Reactions: 6
Is anyone planning to switch to wegovy when it’s available?

It’s a good shout about adding ozempic to the title!

Reactions: 2
I’m going to switch if the price is comparable as the dose is higher and by all accounts it works better.

Reactions: 3
I saw on one of the online pharmacies that it was coming early this year but no date. We are right in the middle of early this year currently, so I’m expecting it very soon.

I have PCOS which has made me gain a significant amount of weight, I’ve managed to lose a bit of weight over the past year but now the number on the scale won’t budge. I’ve been seeing an endocrinologist who has suggested liraglutide (I think this is the same thing as Saxenda). I’ve been thinking about it a lot over the past few days & would like to give it a try but am suddenly seeing loads about so-called “Ozempic face”, basically where your face gets wrinkly and saggy from the rapid weight loss! Obviously this is the last thing I want to happen! Does anyone have any experience with this? I guess it depends on your age too?

My dr said in February 2023 some time but that’s only via a Dr or Consultant.
---

Is Wegovy meant to be better than Sax and Oz?
Apparently it works better than Ozempic as it is a higher dose.

My experience is that Saxenda worked fantastically but then I had a long stall. Ozempic took 3 months to start working but now the weight is slowly dropping. I’m 18lbs down since starting Ozempic. I’d lost 32 lbs on Saxenda but put more than a stone rapidly back on in my short break off Saxenda.

I’m currently just over 2 stones lighter than my heaviest when I started.

I'm excited for Wegovy to launch and/or ozempic to be more available again so that I can switch off sax. Since the 29th December I've been starting up again with sax - I was on a break for less than 1 week and I'm now at 2.4 but it's absolutely not impacting me at all! None of the good or bad effects that I experienced before my break. I know people on here had said it can be less effective after a break but I absolutely had not expected it to be to this degree. It's so frustrating, it feels like my body is working absolutely against me.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I'm excited for Wegovy to launch and/or ozempic to be more available again so that I can switch off sax. Since the 29th December I've been starting up again with sax - I was on a break for less than 1 week and I'm now at 2.4 but it's absolutely not impacting me at all! None of the good or bad effects that I experienced before my break. I know people on here had said it can be less effective after a break but I absolutely had not expected it to be to this degree. It's so frustrating, it feels like my body is working absolutely against me.
I switched from ozempic two weeks ago when supplies ran out entirely. The daily injections are a nuisance and I don't find it nearly as good as ozempic. I do still feel full earlier when im eating but the fullness/satisfaction doesn't last and I'm hungry again in no time, having plenty of cravings too 😩

I’ve been thinking about it a lot over the past few days & would like to give it a try but am suddenly seeing loads about so-called “Ozempic face”, basically where your face gets wrinkly and saggy from the rapid weight loss! Obviously this is the last thing I want to happen! Does anyone have any experience with this? I guess it depends on your age too?
I haven’t heard of Ozempic face, however loose skin in general is widely attributed to quick weight loss, so I wouldn’t necessarily link it solely to Ozempic ☺

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.