Saxenda Support & Advice #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
From my own research Its very difficult to order perscriptions from UK to Ireland. Even boots in NI required a NI address. I am paying E145 for Oxempic from local chemist.

Ladies need a bit of motivation or a kick up the bum 🤔 I'm on the pen, on 1.2 and its doing nothing I'm still eating as normal if not more. I feel absolutely disgusting, such a waste off money as they where so expensive and I'm just a disgusting person that I can't stop and get motivated

Weigh in today. Lost a further 3.5kgs since 6th April and that included a week’s cruise!!

Since 1st February I have lost 9.5kgs/20.9lbs.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Ladies need a bit of motivation or a kick up the bum 🤔 I'm on the pen, on 1.2 and its doing nothing I'm still eating as normal if not more. I feel absolutely disgusting, such a waste off money as they where so expensive and I'm just a disgusting person that I can't stop and get motivated
I'd suggest you stick with it, moving up the doses as per the schedule. If after 8 weeks or so you haven't lost weight then maybe it just doesn't work for you. Trust the process though.

Reactions: 2
Has anyone used this with any thyroid issues? I take levothyroxine for under active and I’ve read that one of the side effects is an increased risk of issues with the thyroid. I’m really interested in giving it a go but I can’t find any more information whether that will be a problem?

I have a raging cold and my appetite is at zero as a result. I've been Sax for 12 weeks so the two combined is quite unpleasant as I am literally forcing food down. 🙁

Has anyone used this with any thyroid issues? I take levothyroxine for under active and I’ve read that one of the side effects is an increased risk of issues with the thyroid. I’m really interested in giving it a go but I can’t find any more information whether that will be a problem?
Might be worth speaking on a consultation to one of the pharmacists?

Does increasing doses help you lose more weight? I’ve moved to 1.2 since Tuesday, I lost about 3lbs first week

Reactions: 1
Might be worth speaking on a consultation to one of the pharmacists?

Does increasing doses help you lose more weight? I’ve moved to 1.2 since Tuesday, I lost about 3lbs first week
Theoretically yes as you’ll gradually get to maximum dose, I felt less hunger as I went up

I'm waiting for either my GP surgery or weight loss clinic to be licensed for saxenda - my GP works at both and she thinks I'd be a good candidate, so fingers crossed! I'm loving reading all of your experiences with it.

Just placed a new order! Finally got paid in my new job thank the lord 😂 can’t wait to go back on, I’ll have to start from the beginning but I don’t mind that so much

I’ve noticed an increase in hunger/eating since stopping even for the short time I was off so I want to prioritise paying for it for now, I’m getting married next year and it’s important to me to feel and look good

interestingly I’ve noticed a real decrease in my heart rate on my apple watch when I’ve been exercising

First day for me and really quite impressed.

(Obviously) I'm big, so I really thought that the small dose wouldn't make too much of a difference, but really noticed a lack of snacking and much more willpower. Was also worried about side effects, so touching all the wood that the good start continues.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Order approved! hopefully will arrive tomorrow

Interested to see how it works re-starting, I feel a bit more renewed already which is nice. I didn’t put on any weight during the pause but I didn’t lose any either

So glad there’s a thread on here. I started saxenda today. Took my first jab 1 1/2 hours ago. How long until I feel the effects. Does anyone know?

Mine started very quickly, within the first day or two. I’m on my 7th week and having a bit of a plateau. My period finally came last week which was over 2 weeks late and I immediately gained 2lbs! It’s come back off now but I am also still very constipated which isn’t helping. I am considering, if I don’t see more movement this week to come off it for a week and then do a restart.

Pens arrived this morning and already injected, feels weird going back on 0.6 compared to 3 as it felt very little!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.