Saxenda Support & Advice #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What's the difference in feeling as you up your doses?
I'm on my third day at 0.3 and honestly, it's absolutely killed my appetite and snacking needs (yay) and I've not been nauseous or tired which I'm so thankful for.

I'm only a couple of days in, and I'm on minimum dosing, but really noticing a reduction in appetite/cravings/munching in general.

I wondered, have any of you just continued on the lower doses? I've read so many people dealing with side effects with the higher dosing, and just wondered if I'm in a honeymoon period, and would need to up the dose to keep the hunger pangs at bay?

To be fair, the only side effect I’ve had really is constipation and I’ve had that since being on 0.6.

Reactions: 1
I'm only a couple of days in, and I'm on minimum dosing, but really noticing a reduction in appetite/cravings/munching in general.

I wondered, have any of you just continued on the lower doses? I've read so many people dealing with side effects with the higher dosing, and just wondered if I'm in a honeymoon period, and would need to up the dose to keep the hunger pangs at bay?
I really only had a some nausea so stuck to the recommended dosage, I felt like I needed to move up when the time came round as I was starting to feel hungrier

6 months on saxenda and I’ve now lost 5 stone! Didn’t know there was a thread, hey all 😃

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Just incase anyone else is following this thread with hypothyroidism. I managed to get it prescribed through boots online dr and started last Thursday.

Not related to my thyroid, but has anyone else upped their dose a couple of days early? Feel like I’m getting hungry on 0.6 now.

Just incase anyone else is following this thread with hypothyroidism. I managed to get it prescribed through boots online dr and started last Thursday.

Not related to my thyroid, but has anyone else upped their dose a couple of days early? Feel like I’m getting hungry on 0.6 now.
I haven’t but I kind of want to, sick of 0.6 now

So, lil’ update from me. Still constipated, still trying to work out how to best combat it - no other side effects whatsoever though so I am going with it.
As of this morning, I am 20.5lbs down in 8 weeks - I am absolutely thrilled with that - my brothers wedding is around 4 weeks away and I would LOVE to get to that 28lbs mark by then 🤞🏼

• Heart
Reactions: 10
So, lil’ update from me. Still constipated, still trying to work out how to best combat it - no other side effects whatsoever though so I am going with it.
As of this morning, I am 20.5lbs down in 8 weeks - I am absolutely thrilled with that - my brothers wedding is around 4 weeks away and I would LOVE to get to that 28lbs mark by then 🤞🏼
That’s amazing we’ll done! Have you tried mag07?

I have lost 5lb since starting on Thursday. Had side effects on day 3 (nausea and eggy burps - vile) but apart from that, no other side effects

Hey! Sorry if this has been asked.
I went privately to see about my weight and been told it’s mainly due to my pcos being insulin resistance. The dr wants me to loose a lot of weight before we look into other things. I am also desperately wanting a child but have to do IVF and I need to loose weight for that.
The dr offered me a prescription and I’m just to get in touch with him. Is it cheaper to do this route or am I as well doing the online pharmacies? Sorry I have been researching it so much my head has gone to mush lol

I went privately to see about my weight and been told it’s mainly due to my pcos being insulin resistance. The dr wants me to loose a lot of weight before we look into other things. I am also desperately wanting a child but have to do IVF and I need to loose weight for that.
The dr offered me a prescription and I’m just to get in touch with him. Is it cheaper to do this route or am I as well doing the online pharmacies? Sorry I have been researching it so much my head has gone to mush lol
Have they told you how much a private prescription will be through them?

Boots/Asda will charge £50 per pen which works out about £250pm when at the maintenance dose.

Yeah definitely worth confirming the cost with them first, I buy through asda and it’s 230 for 5 pens

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.