Saxenda, Ozempic, Wegovy and Mounjaro advice and support #8

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes!! I had my 6th dose of MJ on Wednesday and after 6 weeks with no negative side effects other than a bit of irregularity I just started feeling rubbish. On Thursday night before bed I felt like I had a touch of heartburn and then puked about 5 times. But it wasn’t like normal puking, it was completely effortless if that makes sense? Like I was just spitting out some water I’d been gargling. I couldn’t keep anything down yesterday and felt all shivery and achy like I had the flu. I feel totally fine this morning so I’m hoping it was just an adjustment after my second week on a higher dose.

Reactions: 1
I'm mid 50s and it worked for me when I had ballooned in late 40s. Stick with it as I was slow to start and slow to loose but eventually got down 50 lbs.

Reactions: 3
Took my 4th dose of .25mg Wegovy yesterday. Have my .5mg pen ordered and collected.
Have seen a bit of a difference in appetite. No weight loss the first 3 weeks but I was very constipated. Once that resolved I lost about 3lbs total.

Main concern now is I was ordering through my BMI.ie site and it seems to be down when I went to record my updated stats. Keeps redirecting to the UK site. I emailed to ask them about it. They came back pretty quickly saying it's down for maintenance and they don't know how long for.
So I'm hoping it's not a long term thing because I'm ordering from ROI but the prescription is being filled in NI which probably technically isn't right because Wegovy isn't available in ROI yet.
Fingers crossed it's just routine site maintenance

Reactions: 2
I'm getting it through My BMI too in Ireland. Hope it is resolved soon! I wonder if the site is down can you do the consultation through email?

I'm getting it through My BMI too in Ireland. Hope it is resolved soon! I wonder if the site is down can you do the consultation through email?
Hopefully. I literally had a consultation earlier in the week and got the meds so I am ok for a month but if I hadn't I'd be pretty anxious right now!

I did 6 weeks on saxenda last November through my GP and wasn't able to get it since so was delighted to have this option of wegovy. Would be so disappointing to get started and have to find yet another option or come off it again.

Reactions: 3
Echoing @fishyfishfish and her wise advice - it can take time and I wouldn’t get disheartened if things are slow early on. Give it three months, move up a few doses, focus on getting in nutrients and lots of protein, drink lots of water, then see how things are at 3 months. These meds aren’t magic and they’re not going to work exactly the same for everyone.

For example, my weight loss was slow early on (but on the plus side I didn’t really get any side effects) and I am now down 62lbs as of this morning’s weigh in!

Reactions: 14
How expensive is myBMI.ie overall?
I've just done the first consultation with them and received my first 0.25 pen, it was delivered to my home directly. All in it cost €300. It took around a week from kicking off the process to receiving the medication and it's all online. You fill out a detailed form, it's reviewed then you get an email to say it's been approved and I got the meds 2 working days after that. I think from reading others experience that after the first month it's €250 a month going forward but I am not sure as I've only done the first month so far.

It is pricy but by far the easiest way to do it. Plus I think from my research it's the only way to get Wegovy here. Wegovy is approved for sale in Ireland but it's still not available here - not sure why. My BMI send it from the North. Based on my experience I would recommend it however the recent issue with accessing their Irish site is a concern!

Reactions: 5
Thank you, and do they always have stock?
I'm on sax atm and it's costing 260 a month if I can get it, if Wegovy is 250 a month after the first month it could be better

I'm only on month 1 so I can't really say from my own experience. Before I decided where to go I researched it everywhere I could think of and I saw Irish posters on Reddit and other forums saying they have been on it for months through mybmi.ie with no supply issues. I think cos it's fulfilled in the UK and sent over, supply issues are not as big a problem as they are here.

I think they do sax as well so if you prefer to stay on that you could switch to them and have the convenience of getting it delivered each month instead of ringing around.

Reactions: 1
If it's coming from UK do you have to pay customs?

Hi guys, I’m currently in my 4th week of wegovy and thinking of switching over to mounjaro, does anyone know which dosage is equivalent to 1mg upwards on mounjaro? Thanks

I’m part of the slow and steady crew , so don’t be disheartened if you have a plateau or a slower loss than you expect . I am on the full dose Wegovy now and feel my weight loss is slightly quicker . I went to a body scan for first time before I started and my visceral fat and reduced significantly. I have heart disease and diabetes in my family so this was the main one I wanted to reduce as I was so high. The drug works and has changed my life .

just because it works for me doesn’t mean it will suit everyone . I have been lucky with minimal side effects but I do poo a lot looser (tmi sorry!) and I drink more water , probs what causes the looser poo I do feel tired on injection days now I’ve lost some weight but the bigger picture, my life has improved massively. I meet up with friends more , I went for a promotion at work and I got it, more confidence in myself has helped every part of my life .
Cheering you all on

Reactions: 13
Hi guys, I’m currently in my 4th week of wegovy and thinking of switching over to mounjaro, does anyone know which dosage is equivalent to 1mg upwards on mounjaro? Thanks
They are different drugs so you cannot move across at a higher dose. You will have to start at 2.5mg on mounjaro.

Reactions: 5
I'm with Dolly bird on the confidence. I was really going into myself, not mixing. I felt that if out with dh people would wonder why he was with me as he is slim and trim where as I felt awful. Now I know that was a stupid feeling as we are together a life time and I'm far from a teenager but I felt that sh*t abut myself. The weight was also really affecting my digestion, terrible heartburn as I'd say all the fat was around my organs and putting a physical pressure on their function. Pains in hips and kneews. That all stopped thankfully.

Reactions: 10
I emailed them and they've come back to say that they are only able to provide treatment in the UK at the moment and they don't have a timeline for when they can resume in Ireland. It sounds like you were right and they've gotten into difficulty for providing wegovy into ireland from the North.

Hopefully they get it resolved soon but to he honest I'm not optimistic.

I just thought I’d post a wee bit about my Mounjaro journey in case it helps anyone.
I had very few side effects for the 1st 8 weeks on 2.5 and 5mg. The only things I noticed were my skin broke out, I’m getting large boils in random places and had the feeling of my skin crawling now and again. I’m also freezing all the time and having cold sweats.
I’ve moved up to 7.5mg and it’s been horrible if I’m honest. 3 day migraine but seem to be getting past the worst of it now…hoping next week will be better.
I’ve lost 1 stone 10lbs in 9 weeks, part of me thought it would be more but seeing it written down it’s pretty amazing. The food noise is still there to an extent but it’s making working through my binge eating much easier. I’ve found I’m too wiped out to do much exercise but trying to slowly work up to more.

Reactions: 10
Hi everyone!
I ordered yesterday with medexpress then had second thoughts today so emailed them to ask if I could cancel I have tried everything else the last option is either this or surgery - I know that’s pretty extreme but I have been dieting for 20 years now and the binge and restrict cycle is slowly taking over my life
Obviously if they don’t cancel then I will give it a go but I’m quite worried about getting bad side effects looking after two young children now I don’t know if I should just try again with the weight loss or just bite the bullet and try Mounjaro.
I guess it’s just the not knowing that’s bothering me! But all I do know is the food noise is strong x

Mounjaro is reported to have far fewer & less significant side effects than wegovy so it’s worth a try!