Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
Hi sorry new here - haven’t read all the threads.
anyone taking saxenda had a good journey when being very overweight (like, 300lbs)
Im only week one so would be good to hear
Not 300lbs, but I was just under 250lbs when I started. I’m now 157lbs. From a 22 to a 10/12. Weight loss is a lot slower now but my body is still changing. It really does work, just stick at it 😊

If I have a confident evening one day soon I’ll post a before and after pic. It blows my mind seeing the difference in a year.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
If anything I enjoy food more now I’m on Ozempic. I can’t be bothered eating anything that I’m not going to love. I’ve lost interest in eating crap. I eat a little of all the good things. If I eat a steak and chips it’s because that’s what I’m in the mood for, if it’s steamed or roast veg or salads, again it’s because I’m craving it.

• Heart
I weighed yesterday for the first time, I’ve been taking Ozempic since the start of May I have lost 9 pounds. I have not been able to get to this weight because of medication so I can’t believe it. I haven’t changed my diet really, more protein and less snacks. Delighted!

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
My partner is the only person I’ve told (aside from you guys and my GP). I couldn’t have hidden it really. He’s been the one there holding my hair back when I’ve been sick in a carpark after a meal, he’s the one who’s lay next to me stroking my hair holding a cold flannel on my head when I’ve had a bad day of side effects and my head is pounding, he’s the one who’s finished my food if we’ve been eating out and I don’t want to look rude leaving 75% of my meal, he’s the one who treks off to the shop for water if I start feeling funny when we’re out or will go to the 24hr supermarket if I suddenly think of something I want to eat at 3am if I’ve barely eaten all day. Like @plinky2’s partner he couldn’t care less whether I’m fat or slim, he just wants me to be happy and he can see how much happier I am now.

And I’ll support him fully in return when he realises he needs to start using the jabs after finishing all my meals and his for almost a year now 🤣🤣

He’s never asked the cost and I’ve never told him though. I think he assumes I get it on prescription because I collected the first lot of jabs from the pharmacy next to my GP.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
Another 2lb off this week. That’s almost a stone since starting ozempic at the end of March. Very pleased with that as I’m so close to goal now that every pound feels like a big deal 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Welshgal97

I’ll be 2 weeks in tomorrow and have been getting on great so far with minimal side effects. At least that was the case until about an hour and a half ago when I was driving to work for a 24 hour shift.
About half way into my drive and I got really nauseous, tears streaming down my face, dry heaving level nauseous. Figured I’d made it half way to work, too late to call in sick now 🤦🏻‍♀️ got out the car and into work for handover, room felt like it was spinning, though hmm haven’t eaten much at all today, let’s have a protein bar and some water and see if I feel any better. Things started to improve and I got on with my work, I was walking around for a while and started to get a bit of a pain as if I had trapped wind, low and behold eventually a fart appeared…. Or so I thought…
Sharted a grand total of an hour into a 24 hour work shift, absolutely mortified 🙈 will quite happily take the minor constipation back over this

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14

HarJR289

Chatty Member
Why wouldn’t you tell your husband/partner. It’s a drug which can have serious side effects. There would be 🚩 in my marriage if I couldn’t share such information with my husband.
I’ve not told him as I don’t want him to know the cost. Like I don’t want him to know how much I owe Klarna at the min 🤣 my money is my money & I don’t want it anything to do with him. He loves buying tools, I know they cost a lot but it’s nothing to do with me & id probably get annoyed if I knew the actual amount even though we live comfortably.

I think it’s common for others to go a bit funny when you start changing shape. I think the best plan is not to listen unless you are actually below a healthy weight for you.

My friend said I’ve completely changed but in a good/happy way. It’s more about confidence than appearance I think.
---
I’m doing more fun things and enjoying putting outfits together rather than hoping I don’t look too fat in whatever tent I pick out.

ZURI

Just wanted to give you all an update, I think it was just hormonal hunger because the last couple of days on 1.2mg have been fine. In 4 weeks since starting Saxenda I’ve lost 10.5lbs, I’ve made sure to eat between 1000-1500 (usually averaging 1200) per day. Haven’t had any real sickness, some mild nausea and a dry mouth. I’m still only on 1.2mg, I titrate upwards by 2/3 clicks when I start to feel like the hunger is breaking through. So glad I took the decision to try it, the freedom I now feel is amazing, I’m so much happier now, I don’t spend my waking hours obsessing over food. Overall I feel more productive too, I think because I’ve freed up some brain space.
I still have approx 2stone to lose but feel very positive I’m going to get that off this year.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13

Somerset girl

VIP Member
I'm coming up a week on the full dose of rybelsus and oh my goodness the difference! Every morning another 0.5 lb has come off. I'm now under 13 stone for the first time since before the pandemic. My next target is to get to 12 and a half stone. I always thought I didn't eat that much before (booze being my main issue) but it's obviously working on my metabolism as well as appetite.

• Heart

Tit4Tattle

Chatty Member
I started off at 16 stone 8 and am now 13 stone 7….people in work have only started to comment when I’ve dropped the last 7 pounds or so I think it was because I lost most of mine in the winter when I was still wearing big jumpers etc so no one could see and now I’m in more fitted clothes. Ideally I would like to lose another 2 stone but it seems to be stalling now….I’m 5ft 9 for reference

• Heart

reCAPTCHA

VIP Member
The pharmacist activating my prescription when they see my photo like “Ooh ye fat greedy bitch 🤪

1687106103448.gif

• Haha

reCAPTCHA

VIP Member
So I think you and I are very similar starting weight and my finishing weight will hopefully be around what yours is. I’ve just paid £225 for my next lot of Oz from Juniper but I don’t know how long I can afford to keep going!! How soon before the food noise came back?
Sadly only a week or two. I was so cocky when I was on it “I’ll moderate now that I’m at my lowest weight, I’m in control.” Such a bullshitter lol. I’m lucky I suppose.…small for me is a size 10, and large is 14, but god I’m so miserable as a size 14 🤣🥹. I am thinking that to maintain, I’ll probably need 5 months of ‘normal’ eating and then1 month of ‘Ozempic/similar’ to keep me on track?

-——————————————————————————————————-

Can I just say I don’t ever want to be unsympathetic to genuinely obese people on here. We all have the same challenges just in varying degrees of seriousness.

We have all cried in front of the mirror, at home and in shops.
We all feel like shit about our appearance, whether mildly overweight or obese.
We all know we’re emotionally chained to food- every hour of every day, and are tired of it.
We all want to experience life without food being the bloody centre of it ALL THE BLOODY TIME.

End of rant. I just kinda hate how sometimes we pit against each other because someone doesn’t fit the bill terms of their weight. Maybe we can reframe it to say just people with disordered eating?

Last edited:
  • Heart

Glittery1

VIP Member
I tracked McDonald’s in my calorie counting app today for lunch and then home made curry for dinner…. It’s just after 9pm and I’ve realised that not only did I drive past the McDonald’s and forget all about it but I’ve still not had anything to eat - at 9pm!

Honestly I was obsessed with food before,it consumed every part of me. I would have been eating 6000+ calories a day easy, so for ozempic to do this to me is a miracle 🙏🥳

ZURI

Why wouldn’t you tell your husband/partner. It’s a drug which can have serious side effects. There would be 🚩 in my marriage if I couldn’t share such information with my husband.
I disagree about it being a red flag, he would support me but he would also worry.
I think for me it’s probably more deep seated than him just not being able to fathom my willingness to spend so much and inject myself. I think I feel quite selfish about the money it costs, I feel like if I verbalise what I’m doing then I will feel pressure to see results.
There’s a lot to unpack with weight gain/weight loss/body image etc.

reCAPTCHA

VIP Member
@reCAPTCHA
You don’t need to justify yourself this way you do you. It’s your life and your money to do what you want.

I don’t think being slim or a bit overweight but unhappy about food is the same as being medically obese and unhappy. emotionally is similar in some ways, and the underlying reasons for eating disorderly but not physically, or how people treat you, or perceive you, or struggling to find any clothes in shops or fit into seats etc. I had to sit through something in a small chair for 6 hours I was in agony from the size of the seats digging into my thighs, I get huge blisters on my inner thighs in summer from rubbing. There are loads of things obese people do face it’s not all about food or clothes or appearance. I’ve had men shout things at me ‘go to weight watchers fatty’ and I was ‘only’ a size 18-20 then so I hate to think how larger women feel or get treated by others. Doctors treat you badly too, putting everything down to weight
Agreed 😘😃

Although when I donated my eggs (for no financial gain) and came in at 24 BMI (25 was the upper limit), the nurse looked at me and said “We’ll, you just squeezed in there…might want to watch what you eat.” and I was like 😲😲 Bearing in mind I was offering my body for an unnecessary, invasive, treatment for no benefit whatsoever. I was a size 12-14 at the time. Twats….everywhere 😵💫🙄

I was SO tempted to retort “ Pretty sure the infertile couple receiving my eggs won’t give a shiny shit about my BMI being 24 or 25 you salty bitch, but whatever.”

(to be fair they might give more of a shit about my potty mouth and bad attitude, but there ain’t no blood test for that bitch 🤪🖕)

sorry I’ve gone off topic. Fat-shaming boils my piss. Along with people in ‘caring’ professions who choose to be arseholes.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

HarJR289

Chatty Member
Have you all told your partners you’re taking it?
I’ve not, he’s just assumed I’ve got diabetes as he knows I’m injecting summat.

My friend dropped me in it earlier tho when we were together, she mentioned my dog looks like she’s lost weight and goes “you’ve not been sticking them pens in her n all have you” 🤣

• Haha

plinky2

VIP Member
@reCAPTCHA
You don’t need to justify yourself this way you do you. It’s your life and your money to do what you want.

I don’t think being slim or a bit overweight but unhappy about food is the same as being medically obese and unhappy. emotionally is similar in some ways, and the underlying reasons for eating disorderly but not physically, or how people treat you, or perceive you, or struggling to find any clothes in shops or fit into seats etc. I had to sit through something in a small chair for 6 hours I was in agony from the size of the seats digging into my thighs, I get huge blisters on my inner thighs in summer from rubbing. There are loads of things obese people do face it’s not all about food or clothes or appearance. I’ve had men shout things at me ‘go to weight watchers fatty’ and I was ‘only’ a size 18-20 then so I hate to think how larger women feel or get treated by others. Doctors treat you badly too, putting everything down to weight

• Heart
The positive thing for me is that now instead of being 5 stone from target I’m only just over 2 stone away from it.

The difference in my appearance already makes me happy. Buying clothes is a pleasure again. Digging out old favourite pairs of jeans and them fitting again is amazing.
---
I tucked in a Tshirt the other week for the first time in about 15 years!

• Heart
Reactions: 12