Saxenda, Ozempic and Wegovy advice and support #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m not sure the 0.5 dose of Ozempic is for me 🤔 I’ve just upped from 0.25 this week and 48 hours after the jab oh my I am SO tired and feel SO full, like I’ve eaten 3 dinners all at once (I’ve only had soup and some crisps for lunch and can’t even consider eating dinner). Hopefully it will ease off a bit tomorrow……blurgh!
---
Oh and I have a sore lower back. So naturally I googled ‘Ozempic- sore back’ and am convinced I have Pancreatitis. Excellent.

I’ve taken to my bed, and told the husband that if I die in the pursuit of being skinny he’s to move on and find someone lovely, plump, and accepting of their body size.

He’s just rolled his eyes and gone back downstairs.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Well I weighed myself and I’ve put 2lb on… what the duck. Am I being dramatic? It’s only been 4 days mind! I’m peeing past myself and I have the most blinding headache.

Hi all,
Just wondering for those in Ireland, how did ye get a prescription for ozempic? Was it gp or can I get a prescription online?
I have gained over 10kgs weight since I had a miscarriage and covid certainly didn't help! I need to make sure I am in healthy before trying again

Reactions: 1
That’s amazing! I can’t wait to get to this point.

I’m almost a week in taking Rybelsus 3mg tablets.
What side effects did you have? You were able to tolerate the injections better?

So I had constant nausea, chronic constipation was waking up early hours every morning to be sick and sulphur burps…..although most of these symptoms only started when I got to the 7 and 14mg dose xx

Reactions: 3
Hi all,
Just wondering for those in Ireland, how did ye get a prescription for ozempic? Was it gp or can I get a prescription online?
I have gained over 10kgs weight since I had a miscarriage and covid certainly didn't help! I need to make sure I am in healthy before trying again
GP only here and I'm on Saxenda couldn't get him to prescribe Ozempic for love nor money but he said he'll change me to Wegovy in 2024

Reactions: 2
Uk guys, can't get oz anywhere they suggested the tablet form until they have it back in, im scared as its finally working for me, would hate a setback
---
When did people start to lose weight on it?
Took me to get to 1mg of oz for it to finally kick in, sax was instant then it stopped working unfortunately

• Sad
I really do think it depends for everyone. I was extremely demoralised for the first few weeks. I did two weeks 0.25, 2 weeks 0.5 (long story, my sister is on it and had a prescription and these were leftover doses in pen- and my mum is a nurse so nothing dangerous. I now buy the 1mg at great personal cost 😂). I've just taken my third dose of 1mg. I have been combining my efforts with much healthier eating in general and exercising 3-4 times a week. And still the initial weight loss was incredibly slow. I had started trying before going on Ozempic and lost a couple of pounds. Literally.

On the lower doses, lost 6/7 more over a month, so nothing incredible considering I was exercising and watching my diet anyway. I do feel it is picking up now and I got my first comment this week mentioning my weight loss. I'm only down a stone and have 3/4 more to go.

Uk guys, can't get oz anywhere they suggested the tablet form until they have it back in, im scared as its finally working for me, would hate a setback
---

Took me to get to 1mg of oz for it to finally kick in, sax was instant then it stopped working unfortunately
Quickmeds dispatched my 1mg pen yesterday. But I already order with them so just clicked I already have a prescription and they sent me a form. If it works they have a discount code of repeat5 for £5 off.

Does the 1mg pen cost the same as the 0.25?

Probably a very silly question but I’m just wondering if we get 4 times the medication for the same price?! Lol

Started saxenda on the 15th April at 100kg on the dot 🥹
Today i am on 1.2mg dose still and my weight this morning is 97.6kg (just over 5lb off) I felt really underwhelmed when I saw i had only gone down 2.4kg but I’m a bit more impressed now I have converted to lbs 💅🏼
I hope everyone else is having a good loss

Reactions: 3
So I had constant nausea, chronic constipation was waking up early hours every morning to be sick and sulphur burps…..although most of these symptoms only started when I got to the 7 and 14mg dose xx
Thank you for sharing ❤

Day 8 on Rybelsus and feeling nauseous, also mild sulphur burps 😭

I took my tablet later than usual and didn’t get a chance to eat/drink until hours after so maybe that’s why.

I really need this to work and do not want to have to stop like with Saxenda 😔

I’ve been pretty convinced it wasn’t working for me any more - I had a 1lb loss this week, and have been hungry. This morning I sent MrT out for M&S party food for a nice lunch. He came back with heaps, and I managed … two sandwich quarters and a scone. Luckily my daughter can eat her body weight in cake, crisps and coronation chicken sandwiches.

Did people notice their appetite was suppressed the very first day on saxenda?

Did people notice their appetite was suppressed the very first day on saxenda?
I noticed a difference from day one…. It did make me feel pukey from the moment I took it so that might be why 🤷🏼‍♀️. After 4 days I just felt very mild nausea and was very constipated 😄

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.