Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Gossipgirl92

Chatty Member
I'm taking ozempic and have been told by my doctor I will have to stay on it indefinitely to maintain any losses.
[/QUOTE]

Really?! I really won’t do it as a lifelong thing- I can’t understand if you maintain the eating habit why it wouldn’t just stay off 🤞🏼

Reactions: 1

Frankysaysrelax

VIP Member
Thank you for the info!! Can I ask how you're eating/exercising? I have around 60lb to lose. My aim is to lower my bp and just feel better. I've lost weight before (10 stone to be exact) but gained it back through pregnancy and divorce stress and I am struggling to shift it again. I see so many people using this and feel it could benefit me :)
If you log your calories on MFP and use an Apple Watch you can see exactly what your deficit is each day. As soon as your deficit reaches 3600 Cals that one pound of fat loss. So if you do the maths you can figure out a good rate of weight loss. Keep in mind very rapid weight loss can lead to muscle wastage which won’t benefit your appearance or health. If you’re able to do them, strength workouts will help retain muscle and try hitting your protein target

caremum

VIP Member
Same. I just started 0.5mg this morning. No weight loss to report after the first 4 doses of 0.25g. Are you losing now?
---

I'm taking ozempic and have been told by my doctor I will have to stay on it indefinitely to maintain any losses.
I'm reading that some take a reduced dose weekly or a higher dose fortnightly. But most say its a life long medication to hold weight loss

Johnson1901

VIP Member
Second injection done. I’m hoping I get away with side effects this week 🤞🏻
I realised it was due as I had started thinking about food haha

Hangingaround

Does anyone have a hernia take ozempic?
I’m only it since August 2022, lost 3 and half stone still another 5 stone to go!!!!! Im type 2 diabetic

The issue is that I’m still not really tolerating it well. I’m still on 0.5 although the vomitting and diarrhoea has reduced significantly from one day a week to one week a month when I have my period. The fatigue is huge issue. My GP would like me to stay on it as my blood sugars are down to normal levels.
Im just wondering is my hernia causing the pain and vomiting.

Mycatismad

VIP Member
With regard to the people injecting into thigh, do you put it in fat or muscle and do you have to pinch or pull the skin tight? It’s a bit daunting 😬

conrea37

VIP Member
Royal Mail tried to deliver my Ozempic today however I am at work. They didn't give me an option to deliver next door nor did they try to, so now I am worried the wrap keeping it cold will run out by the time I actually get it. Do health express put anything on explicitly stating it needs to be kept cold?

Praying they try again later when I AM home :confused:

Somerset girl

VIP Member
An update on my Rybelsus journey:
Over the past month I’ve been on 3mg which isn’t supposed to be a properly effective dose but I’m in a FB group with people who have lost weight on it.
Good appetite suppression, I got full quickly but had a very active social calendar last month which made it hard. Didn’t drink enough water admittedly but by the end of the month I have definitely lost weight. Unfortunately it’s hard for me to tell how much because the medication slows the digestion of food so I’m always feeling quite full as I only have bowel movement once, max twice, a week. Because of that, I get on the scale but don’t always see the change. However my last empty weigh in was a good 4-5lbs off. I can feel it in my midsection and I can see it on myself so I’m pleased.

I had no side effects of the usual type unless I overate, then I would feel mildly queasy. However I did notice real exhaustion and fatigue in the last 2 weeks, so much so that I had to take a break for a few days and I do feel better now. I don’t know if that was Rybelsus or something else but I’m prepared to continue and my 7mg is about to be dispatched. I’ll have to power through if the fatigue continues.

I’m hoping that I’ll make better progress on the 7mg, and that I can get into a good rhythm with meal planning and getting back into the gym. More than any thing I appreciate the fact that I don’t feel the need to eat around the clock and I can just eat like a normal person. That said, I still have eyes bigger than my stomach: I will still go to a restaurant and order everything on the menu but now I just couldn’t finish it all.
Are you allowed to say the name of the FB group?

Ellamay87

VIP Member
Your go might prescribe mine is now. M y best weight is E200 for initial consult and E100 afterwards for fresh prescription. He will email prescription yo whichever chemist you deal with if a Virtual appointment. It is expensive but no judgement or tut tutting that other medical professionals are prone to.
OK thanks so much for info that's so good to know. And is it 100e like monthly then cos I'm guessing you need a new prescription each month or does it work differently? Are they helpful or offer any advice in your experience and just dish out the script? It's great to hear about it, really appreciate you sharing.

Lalalalaaaaaa85

VIP Member
Hey everyone, I’m a long time lurker on Tattle but never commented on anything before… just enjoy reading people having the same opinion as me on a lot of stuff! but I would really appreciate some advice/experience.
I’ve been using Saxenda for 6 weeks now, and it’s definitely helped with managing my appetite. I haven’t really had too many bad side effects, a bit of nausea when I go up a dose, but not bad enough to consider stopping it.
However my mental health has taken a huge dip. I have BPD so I don’t know if this is just “me”, but in the back on my mind I feel like this has happened since starting Saxenda.
I was going to try and ride it out but I ended up in A&E last night and I don’t know what to do.
Has anyone else felt any influence on their mental health whilst using Saxenda?
I’ve certainly seen a dip in my moods.

I hope you’re ok ❤

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
I am really noticing ozempic being less effect the last two days of my week. Took it again last night and back to not thoughts about food. Hoping as I up the dose it will help.

cb76xx

I was prescribed it due to type 2 diabetes (well I had Rybelsus to begin with now ozempic) and my hba1c has gone from 57 to 39! My Diabetic nurse is happy to keep me on it as I want to continue losing weight (15kg down so far) and so I get it as a free prescription!
Would I just ask for it on my next review?

Ellamay87

VIP Member
Is anyone in Ireland on Saxenda? I'm running out in few days and I see that my usual pharmacy has up that there are supply issues and that it won't be available in Ireland until mid May. Really don't want to go off for month and have to start again. Would appreciate any info. Thanks.