Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
I did Saxenda first and had a stall, then started gaining, so I switched to Ozempic.

Saxenda worked right away but I got fed up injecting every day. Ozempic took two months to start working but I’ve been losing steadily. I find Ozempic far more convenient and of course it is cheaper.

I am, however, going to try Wegovy when it becomes available.

Reactions: 1

JoeBloggs

VIP Member
Uk guys, can't get oz anywhere they suggested the tablet form until they have it back in, im scared as its finally working for me, would hate a setback
---

Took me to get to 1mg of oz for it to finally kick in, sax was instant then it stopped working unfortunately
Quickmeds dispatched my 1mg pen yesterday. But I already order with them so just clicked I already have a prescription and they sent me a form. If it works they have a discount code of repeat5 for £5 off.

NinaStar90

VIP Member
So I started Ozempic on the 26th of Jan- lost 5lb, but my heart rate has gone from 54bmp to 64! Anyone else had this?

bcfc999

Chatty Member
I've been on the waiting list for saxenda for almost a year and should get my appointment slot next week (missed the call to book it and now then person is off). I'm a bit nervous about it now though. Definitely going to ask about the low mood side effect as I'm on antidepressants and struggle with that. I'm also a bit worried about what people have said about having to take it forever to maintain.

reCAPTCHA

VIP Member
One of the questions was where did you hear about the company ….. Tattle wasn’t an option 😂
---
Well thank you for that code. I’ve just ordered it !! Was out walking my dog and went through the questionnaire and was literally at the payment page when I came back to Tattle to have a read and saw the comment about the code !! Thank you @reCAPTCHA so much !! I just hope when you come off it your tastes go back to normal. I don’t want to destroy my love of good and tasty food long term. I realise you need to build a healthy relationship with food again. I’ve been really interested in these hormones and their effects on weight loss / gain etc so I’m all for this. My mum was a type 2 diabetic and I would do anything to not become like her. So overweight when she was older and it was struggle for her no quality of life really. I want to be slim and elegant !
Yay! I’m so glad you made the saving. Keep us posted!

Ollies01

Hi all, I’m new to these threads. I learned about Wegovy through a recent BBC article and cannot wait for this to come on the market. Thought I’d look it up on here and found this thread.
would someone be able to give me a rundown on the Saxenda and Ozempic, please? I haven’t heard of both - are they available in the UK, and through GP or privately?

about me: I’m 14st 12lbs. Was around 16st 7lbs at the start of lockdown 1, went on SW and got it down to high 13’s but found SW quite triggering and when I came off it the weight slowly crept back on. I’m feeling really down about my weight atm but have a real mental block when I try to diet. This has been the case for at least the past year. I had thought about going to my doctor, but really wasn’t sure how to address the issue or what to ask for, hence the excitement at Wegovy coming on the market. So to hear there are other alternatives is encouraging.
Support and advice would be most welcome. Thanks.
Hello Lazarus 🥰 I have been reading these threads and have found them very informative. Took the plunge and ordered Saxanda daily jab (had been told there was a national shortage of Ozempic not sure if that is still the case) from London Slimming Clinic they arrived promptly and would recommend, paid about 206 for four pens plus postage but you get 50 needles with that too, you do have to sign for parcel. So can be a bit of a pain if you work full time. Started on the 29 Jan found it straight forward with the injection (watch the YouTube video on how to do it). My appetite has definitely decreased, just not interested in food, I was hooked on sweets and chocolate and craved them first thing in the morning especially. That feeling has gone. I have lost 3lb which is not great but it's worth mentioning I have been on a diet for last 2 years and lost about 3 stone, so think it would have been more if just started dietin, it's not going to be fast and I'm happy with that. I have had a low level of nausea at times just took some Rennie and it soon goes, I'm a bugger for not drinking so have to force myself. One thing, on the first weekend of taking Saxenda I was out with my twin sister for a girls day out with food and booze, our eating habits and weight are very similar and the difference in the amount of food and drink she put away, compared to me was an eye opener, not that I was judging 🤣 but it really brought it home to me how much you aren't really arsed about food, I did enjoy myself, but just didn't go mad, as I deffo would have done if not been on it. I think I might try and transfer over to Ozempic as it's cheaper so will look into it when ordering more pens. Ps my sister is now taking it 🤣🤣🤣 now fuck off

Sorry in joke from Jack Monroe thread 😉

Last edited:
  • Heart

unapologeticbxtch_

thanks for all the advice guys! went to the chemist on friday to pick up my saxenda pens but they didn’t have the needles yet for them so hopefully can pick them up tomorrow and get started 🤞🏽

triggeredbyelephants

Has anyone seen this video on TikTok from The News Movement? They’ve said the draft guidelines outline Wegovy to be £70 a month😱 I seriously hope and wishhh… but surely not?!?

DA9EC246-D0B1-46DB-8ACC-5F4476DBF70B.png

HarJR289

Chatty Member
Just gone up to 1.8 on Sax. I was terrible yesterday, had a right munch/craving what I’ve not had since starting. My appetite doesn’t seem to be reducing higher up I’m getting. Just placed order for 5 more pens and they stated stock shortage on boots website - hoping I’m not too affected. Wondering how long I can sustain this financially tho, I have a large amount to lose, 5 stone ideally. What’s everyone’s plans with a similar amount to lose? Would be amazing if Wegovy was a more reasonable price but I’m assuming it’ll be the same kinda price point.

call.me.coco

Chatty Member
I wanted the injections to begin with but they were in short supply when I was prescribed rybelsus. I didn’t like how I had to take it first thing in the morning (I’m useless at remembering) and I constantly had the “sulphur burbs” after them. I’ve lost more weight on ozempic and no more feeling sick constantly
I had awful sulphur burps on Saxenda.
I’m going to give them a go and hope for the best.
If I can’t tolerate them then i’ll try Ozempuc injections.
It’s so frustrating that there is this weight loss treatment available but I’m one of the unlucky ones with crippling side-effects 😔

Abbijo

Just gone to order my 4th pen or ozempic from ‘Mayfair weight loss clinic’ and it’s showing out of stock - anyone have any experience of this or any idea what I can do? Will another prescriber start me on the 1mg dose I have worked my way up to? Or will the pharmacy I used previously have some in stock for a current customer?

caremum

VIP Member
Girls, so I know I should read all pages,but honestly, I can't, quick question for anyone in Ireland,can I buy this anywhere? Can I buy from Britain or Europe? Is it only prescribed for type 2 diabetes? I don't have type 2, but quite overweight
No ask your go or contact my best weight for an appointment. I am not diabetic and could access ozempic

SirRoderickGossip

What are people's views on batch-buying Ozempic given the shortage? Or would that just lead to more shortages further down the line? Having a bit of a moral quandary about it.

caremum

VIP Member
It's not complete suppression. Food is still necessary. I found craving suppression was they key for me as well as not being able to consume the same volume