Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ack13

I’ve just recently increased to 2.4 and all of a sudden no appetite suppression, no side effects, nothing! Has anyone else experienced this?

Reactions: 1

carrot top

VIP Member
Anyone got any tips for a newbie, starting Ozempic this week. How do I minimise any potential sickness (my biggest fear) I’d there a particular place to inject or time, before of after food.
Any help would be greatly appreciated

Same. I just started 0.5mg this morning. No weight loss to report after the first 4 doses of 0.25g. Are you losing now?
---

I'm taking ozempic and have been told by my doctor I will have to stay on it indefinitely to maintain any losses.
Yes, I’ve lost 20 lbs since October.

• Heart
Im switching to ozempic so I’m a new customer and health expressed prescribed to me. I’m below 30 bmi and only a stone to go to target. They put it on hold at first, asked a couple questions with their live chat and then prescribed. If you’re worried about them not prescribing because you’re not quite at 5% but only a few lbs off could you just bend the truth slightly?
Yes I think that’s what I’ll do to make sure I don’t get declined, it’s only 4lb difference so I will hopefully make that up over the next few weeks. Thank you for replying.

thegirlscout

VIP Member
It’s different for everyone. Some have had no side effects, some only got them at certain doses, some had them from day 1.

How long have you been taking it? Are you drinking enough water? Managing to eat? Are you injecting in your tummy or your thigh? What time of day are you taking it? Maybe we can help try to minimise your side effects with some tips 😊
Does the injection site matter when it comes to side effects?

xxoo1993

Is anybody else suffering from really bad bloating? Making me think I’m putting on weight rather than losing it! Can anyone suggest anything to help reduce it? 😭

Noonoosanne2

VIP Member
To the people thinking of skipping jabs for holidays…I wouldn’t. The nausea does not last. I think the meds work best taken as directed. The minute you start messing around with it there are stalls and gains, in my experience.
My nausea has been constant since day 1 so I’m going to skip and just go with it

UsernameBlank

Chatty Member
Does anyone know how you can tell when it’s finally completely empty??
When the grey twist reaches the end and it no longer clicks….I’ve believe there’s 8 x .25, or 4 x .25 plus 2 x .5 in my pen. As I’m doing well on the .25 and health express is out of stock I’m gonna keep going at .25ml till this pen runs out.

TitsMcGee

I’m desperate to try Ozempic but so worried about the side effects. I’m a single mum working full time and I don’t have time to be sick or tired 😪- if I start at 0.25 will I get very bad side effects or are they tolerable?

call.me.coco

Chatty Member
I am now on Ozempic (I was prescribed this due to my blood sugar levels being in diabetic range but they are now normal 🎉) but prior to this I was on the tablet form called Rybelsus. I was fine on the 3mg and 7mg dose and was losing weight consistently….went up to the highest dose of 14mg and it made me so poorly couldn’t eat couldn’t even keep water down at one point was horrendous. No real side affects from
The 1mg ozempic but feel my appetite coming back a few days before I am due the next dose
I really struggled with the nausea & vomiting on Saxenda so have ordered Rybelsus.

How did you find it?
What made you change to the injections vs reverting back to 7mg?

There isn’t much information about peoples experience on Rybelsus so any insight would be great. Thanks :)

BigB21

Has anyone used a Saxanda pen over 30 days after first opening after being stored in fridge? I can’t find anything online that says medically why the 30 days is advised only that it should be used within that time based on dosage. The skeptic in me is wondering is this a marketing ploy for people to buy more who are only tolerant of lower doses. Any advice or links to any evidence would be appreciate. Thanks

reCAPTCHA

VIP Member
It’s not that I don’t want him to know, it’s just I don’t want him to know how much it costs…..
Do you think he’d check? My husband would probably believe whatever price I told him.

Or can you say you got an introductory deal?

H216

How long did it take for everyone to get used to the side effects? I’m feeling sick and have a constant headache

I think i might have messed up a little bit here and need some advice 😅

So I've been taking the starter 0.25 of Ozempic since the 18th of Feb. So that's a dose on the 18th Feb, 25th Feb, 4th March, 11th March, 18th March and the 25th March.

I've still got some left in the pen! I have been twisting it til 0.25 - have i been accidentally been giving myself a really small dose?

I'm totally baffled because I'm sure it's only supposed to be four doses in the pen. I've not lost any weight the last few weeks and feel like a bit of an idiot right now.

Mrsdoylelovestea

You are where I was this time last year!! I was so excited to start. And I'm down 3 1/2 stone now.

Learn how to use the pen. I lost several doses faffing around with it and its so expensive I was very cross with myself.

Believe in the process. Listen to your boday. Prepare for some changes. I cannot tolerate alchol at all these days and my raging coke zero habbit is broken.
Omg thank you for your advice and kind words, I've 3 stone to shift, I'm not looking for a miracle cure but I didn't think it would take a year? I'm post menopause I think my metabolism disappeared when my periods did! I am very active and a good varied diet, not too much excess of anything, but I'm gaining all the time
---
You are lucky! I spoke to my GP about my weight and mentioned saxenda etc and they told me to eat less food. My Bmi is 36.
Oh gosh I'm sorry to hear that....my doctor was so helpful, I'm actually so grateful, I really was at the end of my rope

• Heart

extra_extra

Where from? Health Express declined my order even with a “modified” weight that puts my bmi over 30 AND a photo from when I actually weighed that much. Tight fisted pricks! Although I’m not technically OBESE anymore I’m still overweight with a long way to get to my goal weight. Not sure where else I can try 😞
yeah it was Health Express. I got all excited for nada