Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Tabitha

VIP Member
Oh, that’s devastating! Do you think what you ate justified the weight gain? Or does it fuck with your metabolism?
I was in America, so definitely ate a lot more crap (if you know what I mean… lol)! But I was also always hungry and my appetite increased loads. I never ate like that before. When I read it happened to Remi Bader too, it made a lot of sense.
Some people on FB didn’t gain. So I’ll give it another go to really see.
I think you have to really still hold accountability for what you eat during and after.

Reactions: 4

Yogaqueen

1. I’ve told mine but if I hadn’t they’d have no clue
2. The risks of being overweight far outweighed the risk of cancer for me.
3. Stay on it. It’s not a diet, it’s a medication. You wouldn’t have cheat days or weeks off if you were taking heart medication or antidepressants etc, this should be treated the same. There are countless stories of people who stop taking it for a holiday and then it doesn’t work for them again.
I think the 15% is you’re supposed to lose that much in the first 12 weeks or it’s not working as it should for you? Unsure. I’ve lost around 30% of my starting weight now and have no issues getting prescribed (other than I’m v.close to target weight so I occasionally get extra questions).
thank you so much. That’s such a good way of looking at it! Excited to get started!

reCAPTCHA

VIP Member
Those who buy this themselves, how much are you paying and how long does a pen last?

I assume I'd need to consult my dr first, I have high blood pressure but no other health issues, but do not qualify for any help with weight loss on the NHS and feel this may be of some help?!
£199 a month (£50 off the first month with code FRIEND50 from www.myjuniper.co.uk).

No GP consult needed (I’m in the UK).

I’m not technically obese, so wouldn’t have qualified, but if you’re creative with what you submit as your starting weight when you complete the online consultation you’ll be fine.

The pen contains 4 doses, so one a week for 4 weeks. I only anticipate needing it for one month. Two at a push. (I’ve averaging 4 pounds loss a week)

reCAPTCHA

VIP Member
I’ve bitten the bullet and ordered ozempic. On holiday and I hate how I look. I’ve always been up and down with my weight but as I’ve gotten older. Getting the weight off isn’t as easy as it used be.
Looking forward to getting started!
Good luck. I’ll be starting the same time as you; we can be slimming buddies!

• Heart

Blahblahahaaa77

VIP Member
I’ve just cancelled a takeaway for the first time ever …. I really fancied one then as soon as I ordered I was like actually I feel quite sick at the thought of eating! This is very unlike me 😂

Ollies01

Could I ask what everyone’s plan is while taking it? Like will you take it until you get to your desired weight or keep going? I’ve been watching lots of YouTube videos and lots of the American ladies are saying they’ll be having to take it for the foreseeable future to make sure the weight stays off? I really want to try it but k don’t want to pay £150 odd a month for the next 5 years of my life or so
I stupidly haven't really thought about it long term, just been hell bent on getting the weight off. I deffo cannot afford to go on it long term, even on lower dose I am just hoping to get to my ideal weight and then try and be good on my own. I have changed my eating habits and use the nutra check app to log and calorie check my foods and I do get weighed every day which sounds extreme but I am one of those who is all or nothing and I need to be accountable or I will just pile it all back on, which has happened so many times before. I have heard that as soon as you come off it your appetite will come back tenfold ☹ but don't know how true that is. Hopefully it will come down in price with Wegovy coming on the market ??

• Heart

Ollies01

Today I will finish my first pen and I have to say I’m disappointed with the results. I’ve been on 1.8 mg for 3 days now for reference. I had read lots of stories of people losing a stone or more and I feel like potentially* losing only 6lbs is nothing because I am so large. It’s not made a difference physically or mentally. The side effects I’ve got are feeling sick and constipation but I don’t feel overly full. At night I am still starving and it keeps me up. I feel like such a failure and that I’m never going to lose weight and live a healthy life. I find exercising difficult due to having a chronic illness so weight loss is very much focused on diet for me. Just feel rotten.

(*I say potentially because I had a non electronic scale which wasn’t measuring my weight accurately)
Sorry you are not feeling great on it I also feel a bit sick at times. 6lbs is good don't be too hard on yourself you are not a failure at least you are trying to do something. I know it can be disappointing but give it a bit longer I was talking to a nurse about it and she said the first month you don't feel that different and the weight loss is not that noticible but the second month it really kicks in, I am only early stages myself so cannot say for sure but I am hoping that is the case. I think if it hasn't worked after a couple of months then it is just not for you and to stop taking as it does not work for everyone.

• Heart

triggeredbyelephants

Apparently so… “According to Nice guidelines, the list price of semaglutide 0.25 mg, 0.5 mg and 1.0 mg is £73.25 a pack of four pre-filled pens, excluding VAT, although the list price for 1.7 mg and 2.4 mg pens – doses reached in Wegovy’s weigh-lose schedule – has not been released.”
Article from The Guardian a couple days ago about Wegovy - https://amp.theguardian.com/society/2023/feb/13/weight-loss-jabs-to-be-sold-via-high-street-chemists

But is that just if it’s supplied via the NHS? Private prescriptions will surely be priced at the will of the clinic/online doctor?

Mollysue its never too early to start. I went on Ozempic in May last year. Was on hols in July and August. I was definitely down weight which made a huge difference to me. However it is up to you too. Work with the product to try and make good food choices. I went off alcohol completely which was good (I wasn't a huge drinker anyway) but its hidden calories. Definitely follow the process. If you try and ramp it up quickly the side affects can be horrid. Ozempic is weekly. Im in Ireland so pens vary if you can get them from E140 - E160
Thank you so much for your encouragement! I’m going to order the pens tonight. Watch this space 👀

Delstar

VIP Member
Is she on it? I have clearly missed this on that idiots thread 🤣
No, she's not on it, she has Facetune. A number of the trolls on there were discussing Ozempic and one pointed us in this direction, and I'm glad they did :giggle:
---
Is there a 'better time' to take Ozempic? Mine arrives today and I'm not sure whether to do my first jab tonight or wait until the morning

Last edited:
  • Heart

Future

Chatty Member
1st injection done 🎉

I noticed there was some liquid on the needle when I pulled it out. Do you think that means I pulled it out too soon! Or is that normal?
How long did you hold down the top for? They say count to 10 once you’ve pressed the jab so it has time to go in fully

Lalalalaaaaaa85

VIP Member
Went up a dose on Sax today, after having no side effects i’ve spent today being sick, unable to keep water down and a banging headache. The thought of injecting again and feeling this ill is making me want to cry!
Obviously everyone is different but my sickness only ever lasted the first day if it happened. I remember going up to 3 and being so ill and it being like 2am and I was still so rough thinking how can I inject again in 3/4 hours but by the time I woke up again I felt fine.

Not saying this will be the same for you but I’d definitely say sickness is always quite short lived. You get used to the doses quickly

So I've just used my last pen of saxenda. I only got 5 pens to try them but I have lost 1st 4.5lb from 30th January. I have a holiday in just under 5 weeks and im terrified of putting the weight back on as I do still have over 3 stone to lose but I honestly can not afford any more pens. Here's hoping I can keep my mouth shut and resist food 😔 x

• Heart

raspberryjuice

VIP Member
I’d take tomorrows around lunchtime and the Sundays in the evening so you’re spacing them out and gradually changing rather than having a big or small gap.

Sodivine

Just received my Rybelsus 3mg. I had wanted to start today but it needs to be taken on an empty stomach and having woken up starving, waiting until the postman came at 12.30pm to take it and 1pm to eat wasn’t going to work. I may be able to take one tonight provided I don’t eat any more today but not sure how realistic that is. I’m going out early tomorrow for the whole day and not sure I want to start this experiment on a day when I’m out, with no knowledge or experience of how I might react so it’s looking like Thursday…