Savanna Brockhill & Frankie Smith #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
See would frankie take star to a pharmacist For eye drops If she was hurting her. Because they could have reported her

Reactions: 5
If it wasn’t for Mumsnet, I would have so little clue about they key components of domestic abuse/violence/ coercive control.
I am glad it’s starting to be covered in the school curriculum.I’m so sad for all who are caught up in the web of controlling partners and I’m sad for Frankie. I personally don’t feel her life should be effectively over. I hope, if she remains in prison, she has educational opportunities and a chance to rebuild her life when she leaves.
S - I feel is one of the rare people who it’s likely cannot be rehabilitated. I hope great consideration is given to where she is imprisoned as I feel she presents a danger to more vulnerable prisoners.

Reactions: 10
From what she’s saying now…. It’s making sense. I do wonder why she didn’t just call the police at this point.
why she allowed SB to be around Star (or herself) ever again.

it was around this same time SB was texting friends about Stars bruising too, acting like she had picked Star up like that.

I can’t quite make out the dates though, is this the same time period that SB is seen on CCTV attaching Star at her workplace?

Reactions: 2
I also believe FS will be found guilty of the 2nd charge. In no way does she deserve the same sentence as SB.
No and I don't think she'll get it. It would be unjust. The jury have to be more certain than not and there's just not the evidence to convict her of murder.

Reactions: 3
I know that it’s unlikely because most of the people here have common sense but just a warning to people - please be careful if you do participate in some of the Facebook groups that are discussing this trial. I specifically mean Trusting Evil and especially the alternative “rebel” group Justice For Star Freedom of Speech.
SBs family are posting all over them with various fake accounts and have admitted they are taking screenshots. I’m sure they’re desperate and trying to deliberately cause a mistrial or some controversy of sorts. I know that no one here would want to contribute to anything that would prevent the trial from running as smoothly as possible and for Star to get the justice she deserves.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I’ve skipped a few posts so sorry if I’m duplicating. Murder doesn’t have to be intent to cause death, it just needs to be intent to cause serious harm (that then results in death). The force behind the blow cannot have intended anything other than serious harm, so it can be murder. I imagine that’s why there’s no second charge of manslaughter.

Re causing or allowing a death, there’s 9 categories (ABC and 123). So far I think murder for SB, with no causing or allowing conviction, and for FS so far I think not guilty of murder and 1B or 1C on the causing or allowing charge so between 1-8 years (more likely the lower end). Max sentence on causing or allowing is 14 years -https://www.sentencingcouncil.org.u...ical-harm-causing-or-allowing-a-child-to-die/

Reactions: 7
So in this version SB was already in the living room and Star was not on the floor

Reactions: 4
The fact the other children were there when this happened. Apparently one said "oh star"

How old are they, does anyone know ? Wonder if they will remember when they are older .

I have followed this case but don't have Facebook so have no idea what these people look like or trying to work out their family tree and who is who. So many people involved and this still happened.

Reactions: 4
This is a really significant differing of the version of events.
Still confused though, if she changed her pad where did she put it? There was no bathroom bin if I remember correctly.

Reactions: 7
I’ve followed this thread right from the beginning as well as the sickening trial, it is truly heartbreaking. I despise SB and every other SB in this world, there are just too many and they know how to manipulate their victim. I feel for FS she is immature and foolish but she isn’t a murdere, of course this is just my opinio.

Reactions: 10
I posted yesterday that I'd took valium because I felt unwell. Reading about the case made me feel horrible and there were specific parts of the trial that triggered me yesterday. There was no cheering here on this thread, by me or anyone else. At all. And I said I'd give anything to be a fly on the wall because it was hard to get a full picture through transcripts, I said I wished the trial were televised because we were missing a lot of body language. I'm deaf so maybe I place more importance on non verbal cues than most people. Please don't misrepresent me - you've made it sound like people were having a party here. That absolutely wasn't the case. Don't gaslight me, I won't sit here and let that happen to me ever again.

After court finished yesterday a lot of us here went a little off topic and shared our own experiences of DV, coercive control and damage we'd suffered at the hands of narcs. I cried reading some of the stories here. I felt that yesterday afternoon people on this thread who had no experience of these things got a real insight into these subjects.

Today I come on here and it seems back to square one "I gEt She WaS aBuSEd, wHy diDn'T sHe JusT LeaVE".
I'll say it again, if you've never experienced coercive control/DV you cannot understand how powerful it is, it skews your rational thinking and sanity.
Well said ❤ as I said on my first post on the last thread, if this can be a safe space for people to open up about past experience and reflect on how the trial is affecting them then it should be seen as that. I hope you’re managing ok despite the circumstances :)

• Heart
Reactions: 5
This isn’t the first time we’ve heard SB had Star on the sofa.

The fact the other children were there when this happened. Apparently one said "oh star"

How old are they, does anyone know ? Wonder if they will remember when they are older .

I have followed this case but don't have Facebook so have no idea what these people look like or trying to work out their family tree and who is who. So many people involved and this still happened.
Very small, under age 3, too young to be questioned.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.