Savanna Brockhill & Frankie Smith #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do you know what’s really getting to me though, WHY did nobody try to help Frankie. Yes FRANKIE. I’m not even going to keep dehumanising her by only referring to her by her initials.

I’m 37 years old. If someone attacked me in front of my mom even at my big age she wouldn’t let me walk out with them. I don’t even think she would let them walk out.

I know all families are different, but wtf??

Is there a possibility that F could be found innocent on all charges, those of you who know about sentencing?
I very very much doubt that.
I also doubt they will get SB on murder too, the only way that can have her on causing or allowing is of Frankie gets that too.
It will be both or neither.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
Reading today’s court transcript up to the lunch break has left me feeling desperately sad. So much suffering caused to so many people by one person - SB. I just wonder how she ended up like that. Was she made like that? Or did she become like that based on her early life experiences? Surely her brothers and sisters aren’t like that? It is mind blowing to think someone could think and behave in that way.
From what we know about SB’s background, it doesn’t sound pleasant - we know she’s been surrounded by plenty of family members with various convictions, divorced parents, a strong culture of boxing/fighting, leaving school aged 10, and a recently deceased mother who must’ve died quite young. God knows what else happened that we don’t know about. Nonetheless, loads of people go through horrible childhoods and don’t prey on vulnerable people/punch infants.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
SB knew she was young weak and impressionable from a tit hole home and knew her mother was out chasing tail. She was a bully and a predator and knew exactly what she was doing to FS. I don’t think FS is innocent and no means sticking up for her but I feel for her and thousands of others who get trapped in situations like this.
Exactly...SB initial target was FS and I still to this day think FS is her target.

Even in the court room.

The way she attacked star was almost to undermine and demean FS. The way she blames FS for her failing as a mum. Like she got some kick that F didn't even know what was happening with her own daughter.

I think SB has accepted her fate but I think she will revel in F getting sent down.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Its almost as if SB thinks she is the father in the way that she says they need to work out a schedule on who has star on which days.

I agree on the education regarding behaviour within relationships, I believe this is already happening in some schools.
Yes it’s now part of the national curriculum and the topics obviously become more in depth as the child grows. My child has just been learning about grooming (he is in year8) and I’ve been told it will progress throughout high school

Reactions: 9
Exactly...SB initial target was FS and I still now believe it's FS.

Even in the court room.

The way she attacked star was almost to undermine and demean FS. The way she blames FS for her failing as a mum. Like she got some kick that F didn't even know what was happening with her own daughter.

I think SB has excepted her fate but I think she will revel in F getting sent down.
It’s almost seems like the more Frankie was being assertive, the more SB abused star. The more frequent then bruising got and the little ‘accidents’ happened.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
SB knew she was young weak and impressionable from a tit hole home and knew her mother was out chasing tail. She was a bully and a predator and knew exactly what she was doing to FS. I don’t think FS is innocent and no means sticking up for her but I feel for her and thousands of others who get trapped in situations like this.
SB even looked up "what does nice then nasty do to a child" or words to that effect.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
I posted yesterday that I'd took valium because I felt unwell. Reading about the case made me feel horrible and there were specific parts of the trial that triggered me yesterday. There was no cheering here on this thread, by me or anyone else. At all. And I said I'd give anything to be a fly on the wall because it was hard to get a full picture through transcripts, I said I wished the trial were televised because we were missing a lot of body language. I'm deaf so maybe I place more importance on non verbal cues than most people. Please don't misrepresent me - you've made it sound like people were having a party here. That absolutely wasn't the case. Don't gaslight me, I won't sit here and let that happen to me ever again.

After court finished yesterday a lot of us here went a little off topic and shared our own experiences of DV, coercive control and damage we'd suffered at the hands of narcs. I cried reading some of the stories here. I felt that yesterday afternoon people on this thread who had no experience of these things got a real insight into these subjects.

Today I come on here and it seems back to square one "I gEt She WaS aBuSEd, wHy diDn'T sHe JusT LeaVE".
I'll say it again, if you've never experienced coercive control/DV you cannot understand how powerful it is, it skews your rational thinking and sanity.
Very well said, thank you ❤

I also feel that the above post has misrepresented a lot of the regular posters on this thread. A real life example of gaslighting right there in that post. Anyone reading it would think we were all celebrating and whooping when that was not the case at all. Another regular poster was singled out and accused of treating the thread like a soap opera, which this poster was not doing at all. She had merely made a lighthearted remark, as did quite a few of us yesterday to keep things friendly and relatively upbeat considering the subject matter.

I was joking about the useless witness in the pinstripe suit yesterday and even put a photo of a striped 80s suit on the thread to make people smile. As soon as I did it, I had that sinking feeling that someone would come on and tell me off for making jokes in a serious thread. I immediately added a paragraph to my post explaining that I was taking the case very seriously and that sometimes a bit of humour is needed to lighten the mood. I shouldn’t have had to do that but I did because there is always someone waiting to pounce on anyone that behaves or thinks differently to how they think they should. It is exhausting and unnecessary.

These threads have been great so far due to a group of mainly fair minded posters who listen to others and contribute their own opinions. People have been sharing views and their own personal experiences. I have genuinely learned a lot about court procedures, narcissism, and coercive control. It has been very educational and, despite the harrowing subject matter, I have enjoyed reading and posting in these threads. I sincerely hope we can we continue in this vein and not let any blow-ins from FB cause disruption and petty squabbles. These threads are such a refreshing change from those in FB, which are filled with swearing, insults, accusations, lies, and downright false information.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Just had a quick peek over on Trusting Evil - let's just say there's a difference of opinion.

• Wow
Reactions: 3
It’s almost seems like the more Frankie was being assertive, the more SB abused star. The more frequent then bruising got and the little ‘accidents’ happened.
Star was the one thing that FS had power and authority over and SB didn't like that...so she took that away.

Reactions: 17
Is there a possibility that F could be found innocent on all charges, those of you who know about sentencing?
I’ve been thinking this, could all charges be dropped for FS does anyone think? And is causing and allowing a lot less time than murder?
Before anyone says anything like “read up” or “we’ve covered this” I’m not too clued up on anything to do with prosecution/court ect and not read anything before.

Reactions: 4
Do you know what’s really getting to me though, WHY did nobody try to help Frankie. Yes FRANKIE. I’m not even going to keep dehumanising her by only referring to her by her initials.

I’m 37 years old. If someone attacked me in front of my mom even at my big age she wouldn’t let me walk out with them. I don’t even think she would let them walk out.

I know all families are different, but wtf??

I very very much doubt that.
I also doubt they will get SB on murder too, the only way that can have her on causing or allowing is of Frankie gets that too.
It will be both or neither.
I think that’s a really good question and I think if my family had seen or heard a partner attack me then, by hook or by crook, they would never have let me near them again; they certainly wouldn’t have been bribed by the odd tenner here and there and some takeaways. However, we all have different moral compasses and ways of dealing with things and it sounds like SB has the gift of the gab when it comes to explaining her outbursts and violent tendencies - maybe they didn’t realise the true extent.

I’ve been thinking this, could all charges be dropped for FS does anyone think? And is causing and allowing a lot less time than murder?
Before anyone says anything like “read up” or “we’ve covered this” I’m not too clued up on anything to do with prosecution/court ect and not read anything before.
Causing or allowing death of a child is max sentence ten years.

Reactions: 3
From what we know about SB’s background, it doesn’t sound pleasant - we know she’s been surrounded by plenty of family members with various convictions, divorced parents, a strong culture of boxing/fighting, leaving school aged 10, and a recently deceased mother who must’ve died quite young. God knows what else happened that we don’t know about. Nonetheless, loads of people go through horrible childhoods and don’t prey on vulnerable people/punch infants.
Yes, despite violence possibly being more normalised in SB’s life, I think, in her community, she’s an outlier. I can’t imagine anyone in her family and community would dream of punching a baby in the stomach. This is all her.

Reactions: 8
I'm not clued up but there's alot of mitigating circumstances around this which will go in her favour but there's the aggravating factors to take into account. I don't think she'll get a hefty murder charge but she may still get found guilty of the 2nd charge of 'allowing a child to die'.

Reactions: 6
I think there will be uproar in that courtroom when the verdicts are announced. I hope they put security guards between FS and SB. There's a possibility (albeit slim) that FS could get not guilty on both charges whereas it seems highly likely SB is going to be found guilty.

SB will lose her tit if that happens.

Reactions: 11
Yes, despite violence possibly being more normalised in SB’s life, I think, in her community, she’s an outlier. I can’t imagine anyone in her family and community would dream of punching a baby in the stomach. This is all her.

But her family, forget the community, went out of their way to cover for her. Cleaning the car, blatantly bullshitting in court. Why rush to get that car scrubbed down after the telephone calls from prison?
Focusing mainly on the back seats where it’s now become clear that Star has been attacked multiple times?

I think there will be uproar in that courtroom when the verdicts are announced. I hope they put security guards between FS and SB. There's a possibility (albeit slim) that FS could get not guilty on both charges whereas it seems highly likely SB is going to be found guilty.

SB will lose her tit if that happens.
I prayyyyy she gets murder.

I don’t think Frankie should walk free either but imo she doesn’t deserve a murder charge.

I'm not clued up but there's alot of mitigating circumstances around this which will go in her favour but there's the aggravating factors to take into account. I don't think she'll get a hefty murder charge but she may still get found guilty of the 2nd charge of 'allowing a child to die'.
I also believe FS will be found guilty of the 2nd charge. In no way does she deserve the same sentence as SB.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.