Savanna Brockhill & Frankie Smith #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry if this has been answered but does anyone know why AM will be cross examining FS first and then KG?

Reactions: 3
I believe her. My only wobble today is the holding her under water part because it seems an odd thing to say if you haven’t done it? but then again who hasn’t been ridiculously drunk and said random stuff? I don’t know.

Reactions: 15
Really needs to be some type of education on abuse, grooming, love bombing etc. So many women and children could be saved . Just a couple of lesson while doing sex and relationships, telling teens the warning signs

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Really needs to be some type of education on abuse, grooming, love bombing etc. So many women and children could be saved . Just a couple of lesson while doing sex and relationships, telling teens the warning signs
I agree. Warning signs like telling you what to wear escalate to all-consuming control. And it’s frighteningly common.
And by the way coercive control is now a crime in this country.

Reactions: 10
I believe her. My only wobble today is the holding her under water part because it seems an odd thing to say if you haven’t done it? but then again who hasn’t been ridiculously drunk and said random stuff? I don’t know.
It doesn’t seem random though. The conversation was very much consistently in context.

I absolutely agree 100%

I’ve followed this thread from early on and It’s frustrating reading the same comments every few posts. To the people who keep asking the same questions, have you read all the transcripts? Because all the details are in there.

I’m sure the guy who’s writing these does a summary every day, perhaps it’s worth catching up on those? I know the transcripts are quite long, it takes me a while to catch up.

I firmly believed FS to be as bad as SB at the beginning I was quite vocal about it on here. Now that I’ve continued reading the transcripts/evidence we’ve been shown I’ve changed my mind. There is nothing wrong with changing your opinion when new facts come into play.

I’m not defending FS but it’s very clear she was in a very absuive relationship. If you speak to any DV survivor who’s got out they all say the same thing, they were controlled and not themselves, infact a shell of themselves. I’ve been through it too.
Yes, my feelings have been the same and I completely agree that it’s very reasonable to change ones opinion when the facts support this.

My youngest daughter’s dad can be a bit controlling. Not abusive but he goes on at me about certain things to do with our child and I just say ‘yes, yes, yes’ for a quiet life. Sometimes that is easier than arguing. For example, he is convinced that giving her a few chocolate buttons will lower her immune system. He nags me but rather than argue I say ‘ok’.

It’s very concerning that SB thought she was entitled to have Star like she did. She wasn’t even related to her! She acted like Star was her biological child.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Sorry if this has been answered but does anyone know why AM will be cross examining FS first and then KG?
I was also wondering this...I didn't know if its because KG hasn't got anything substantial to go on and maybe doesnt want to incriminate 'her client' any further, so wants to focus her cross examination based on FS responses to AM.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Its almost as if SB thinks she is the father in the way that she says they need to work out a schedule on who has star on which days.

I agree on the education regarding behaviour within relationships, I believe this is already happening in some schools.

Reactions: 14
Anyone who is interested in learning about narcissistic abuse, love bombing, trauma bonding etc. I would watch videos on YouTube from Dr Ramani. Opened my eyes up about so many things!

Reactions: 8
My son has had loads of stuff over the past few years about consent and also about what healthy relationships look like. I would hope that in this day and age this is standard in schools.

Poor Star and while I hate feeling any kind of sympathy for FS I can't help my emotions. It's a smidgen of pitt, just a tiny bit because the real sympathy must be reserved for Star who didn't deserve the lot she got in her short life.

Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't murder have to show an intent to cause death? If so I suspect the other charges will be the ones they are convicted of but I'm not a legal bod.

I feel for both families who won't have done anything wrong to Star but who will be picking up the pieces of this for a long time to come.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I’ve followed this thread from early on and It’s frustrating reading the same comments every few posts. To the people who keep asking the same questions, have you read all the transcripts? Because all the details are in there.

I’m sure the guy who’s writing these does a summary every day, perhaps it’s worth catching up on those? I know the transcripts are quite long, it takes me a while to catch up.

I firmly believed FS to be as bad as SB at the beginning I was quite vocal about it on here. Now that I’ve continued reading the transcripts/evidence we’ve been shown I’ve changed my mind. There is nothing wrong with changing your opinion when new facts come into play.

I’m not defending FS but it’s very clear she was in a very absuive relationship. If you speak to any DV survivor who’s got out they all say the same thing, they were controlled and not themselves, infact a shell of themselves. I’ve been through it too.
My opinion has somewhat changed too.
I think after engaging with other people here and listening to their point of view I’m more open to seeing how FS may not have felt she had the power to protect Star, and up to a point she may not even have been aware of Star being PHYSICALLY abused.
My first thoughts were ‘if you hated the baby that much, If she was that much of a burden to you then just give her away. To family to social services or whatever’

Now I’m starting to think that actually if SB hadn’t have came into their lives and FS had the continued support of her family everything would have been ok. I honestly think that FS loved Star and wasn’t a bad mum to start with. Just a very young, very inexperienced and very lonely one. She hardly had the best example of a mother herself.
I’m not excusing what she’s done, and it makes me sick to my stomach, but I can see NOW why she may have been blind to what what happening.
She was trying to get away….. she was trying to break away from the relationship there’s no denying that.

Reactions: 30
I was also wondering this...I didn't know if its because KG hasn't got anything substantial to go on and maybe doesnt want to incriminate 'her client' any further, so wants to focus her cross examination based on FS responses to AM.
Considering how good AM was with SB, it seems abit unfair that KG goes after him 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 1
This threads a bit ridiculous..You can’t have an opinion without being accused of knowing them. I was said to know the defendants but I’m simply following like anyone else 🙄

I think some people were getting a little over excited yesterday when they were talking about taking medication, cheering and saying they would love to be a fly on the wall. It’s disgusting.
I posted yesterday that I'd took valium because I felt unwell. Reading about the case made me feel horrible and there were specific parts of the trial that triggered me yesterday. There was no cheering here on this thread, by me or anyone else. At all. And I said I'd give anything to be a fly on the wall because it was hard to get a full picture through transcripts, I said I wished the trial were televised because we were missing a lot of body language. I'm deaf so maybe I place more importance on non verbal cues than most people. Please don't misrepresent me - you've made it sound like people were having a party here. That absolutely wasn't the case. Don't gaslight me, I won't sit here and let that happen to me ever again.

After court finished yesterday a lot of us here went a little off topic and shared our own experiences of DV, coercive control and damage we'd suffered at the hands of narcs. I cried reading some of the stories here. I felt that yesterday afternoon people on this thread who had no experience of these things got a real insight into these subjects.

Today I come on here and it seems back to square one "I gEt She WaS aBuSEd, wHy diDn'T sHe JusT LeaVE".
I'll say it again, if you've never experienced coercive control/DV you cannot understand how powerful it is, it skews your rational thinking and sanity.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Reading today’s court transcript up to the lunch break has left me feeling desperately sad. So much suffering caused to so many people by one person - SB. I just wonder how she ended up like that. Was she made like that? Or did she become like that based on her early life experiences? Surely her brothers and sisters aren’t like that? It is mind blowing to think someone could think and behave in that way.

I think this afternoon is going to be difficult because they will be covering the events of the CCTV and then the fateful day. I imagine that FS might breakdown with grief on the stand. It is so overwhelmingly sad. I wonder what FS’s family are thinking after hearing FS speak today?

Reactions: 12
I think after engaging with other people here and listening to their point of view I’m more open to seeing how FS may not have felt she had the power to protect Star, and up to a point she may not even have been aware of Star being PHYSICALLY abused.
My first thoughts were ‘if you hated the baby that much, If she was that much of a burden to you then just give her away. To family to social services or whatever’

Now I’m starting to think that actually if SB hadn’t have came into their lives and FS had the continued support of her family everything would have been ok. I honestly think that FS loved Star and wasn’t a bad mum to start with. Just a very young, very inexperienced and very lonely one. She hardly had the best example of a mother herself.
I’m not excusing what she’s done, and it makes me sick to my stomach, but I can see NOW why she may have been blind to what what happening.
She was trying to get away….. she was trying to break away from the relationship there’s no denying that.
It was a perfect storm.
FS wanted love and guidance
SB felt hatred and wanted control

Agree with everything you’ve said here. Star would still be alive if SB hadn’t been involved

Considering how good AM was with SB, it seems abit unfair that KG goes after him 🤷🏼‍♀️
On KG level, I presume she's just as good.
It's likely that KG will want to pick on the questions that AM has not covered. Let's be honest, KG is clutching as straws.

Reactions: 6
SB knew she was young weak and impressionable from a tit hole home and knew her mother was out chasing tail. She was a bully and a predator and knew exactly what she was doing to FS. I don’t think FS is innocent and no means sticking up for her but I feel for her and thousands of others who get trapped in situations like this.

Reactions: 9
Is there a possibility that F could be found innocent on all charges, those of you who know about sentencing?

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.