Savanna Brockhill & Frankie Smith #6

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is like when my 4 year old has done something he knows is bad and is trying desperately to cover it up but doesn’t have the ability to formulate proper explanations for his actions.
There’s definitely a learning disability or condition at play; she seems to lack empathy or emotional intelligence also.

Reactions: 10
She could easily be pretending to be clueless to play up the whole ‘naive and vulnerable’ thing.
She could easily be pretending to be clueless to play up the whole ‘naive and vulnerable’ thing.
Yes definitely she could be, I’m just saying the thoughts I got early on from the evidence & since she’s been on the stand. I think having kids on the spectrum makes you notice any traits you see in people, but I don’t want to offend anyone it’s just my opinion.

Reactions: 3
The thing is, if you’ve not actually seen it happen you wouldn’t just assume that your child had broken ribs or a fractured skull etc. If they were being irritable or acting off (especially as an inexperienced parent) you’d probably think they were just tired, maybe coming down with something, maybe going through a phase. If all these injuries occurred with SB (after FS saw Star bump her head on the bed or the coffee table) then I can kind of see why she didn’t investigate further in regards to the bruises. The limp/fractured leg doesn’t look right, the amount of times she referred to it over the months and never got it seen is hard to justify but again lacking that maternal instinct, having someone seemingly more experienced than you telling you nothing’s wrong. It’s absolutely terrible, but I can still believe it wasn’t sinister. It seems all she is saying is “I don’t know” or “cos savannah said” which sounds like she’s just passing the blame but based on all the evidence so far I really do think that’s all she’s got.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Have had to bite my tongue regarding FS over the past 2 days. One of her family members called her a "selfish and a liar".

We are seeing the true FS today. No excuses needed.

Reactions: 12
I really don’t understand how nobody noticed there was something seriously wrong. She would have been in extreme pain for weeks. Fractured leg, fractured ribs, fractured skull like ‘crazy paving’

she would have been concussed. She would have suffered so much 😢
A little bit of insight for you….I cracked my head pretty violently off the eaves two days ago. Mild concussion. Just mild. It’s horrible. Banging headache like the worst I’ve ever had, room spinning, nauseous, spaced out. And my head wasn’t fractured or even split. Poor little girl.

As you can imagine, Stars fracture has been on my mind ever since. I just can’t fathom the force needed to do her injury.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I think that's a hard reach on her family to be honest. A quick flick through her mums Facebook page and there's lots of lovely photos with children all well dressed and having fun. There's lots of photos of Easter baskets for all of the children and days out. Alicia also went to university and seems to be doing well enough.
YS seems to get a rough ride of it lately - I'm not sure of the exact timeline but I know her partner died. I guess there are rough times in every family.
From pictures I’ve seen fresh bowl of fruit on the side. Decent home cooked meals. decent house etc

Reactions: 5
Yes definitely she could be, I’m just saying the thoughts I got early on from the evidence & since she’s been on the stand. I think having kids on the spectrum makes you notice any traits you see in people, but I don’t want to offend anyone it’s just my opinion.
I’m autistic myself and personally I think the whole discussion reeks of ableism, but that’s just me.

Reactions: 3
What I really struggle with is why the hell SB wanted star with her over night while at bloody work! You can argue it both ways. SB wanted her there to abuse her. Or SB wanted her there to protect her from FS and would
go to any lengths, even caring for star in her car at work. Thank duck for the CCTV footage because the second reason would seem so much more believable than the first! It’s so hard to comprehend that a person would go out of their way to abuse a child. Of course they do, but you can see why FS would doubt it (only if she did doubt it and didn’t really know).

• Sad
Reactions: 6
A little bit of insight for you….I cracked my head pretty violently off the eaves two days ago. Mild concussion. Just mild. It’s horrible. Banging headache like the worst I’ve ever had, room spinning, nauseous, spaced out. And my head wasn’t fractured or even split. Poor little girl.

As you can imagine, Stars fracture has been on my mind ever since. I just can’t fathom the force needed to do her injury.
My nephew banged his head in the summer holidays while playing out. He was laid out of it for hours in hospital. they did a CT scan on him and he had no damage. So a baby’s head fractued. Like that you would million percent know

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I’m autistic myself and personally I think the whole discussion reeks of ableism, but that’s just me.
Ableism? No one here has been negative and I certainly wasn't being degrading when musing around an undiagnosed condition. Nor was it an excuse for her behaviour. Merely an observation.

Reactions: 8
Ableism? No one here has been negative and I certainly wasn't being degrading when musing around an undiagnosed condition. Nor was it an excuse for her behaviour. Merely an observation.
I agree with you its not ableist to discuss the possibility of something.

Reactions: 9
I agree with you its not ableist to discuss the possibility of something.
Thank you Lucy - I'm not happy at being accused of being ableist - I spend my life/career advocating for young people in my line of work so it's absolutely no intention to appear prejudice, the absolute opposite in fact!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
new thread:

Reactions: 2
I don’t know what to think today. I’m definitely less certain, but I think it’s important to remember that what looks obvious in hindsight with a rational mind, may not have looked so obvious when you’ve been gaslighted for months and told by social services that your family are making malicious reports.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.