Savanna Brockhill & Frankie Smith #16

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It doesn’t sound like you’re familiar with the trial tbh.
I am quite familiar to the trial, despite assuming that the fall from the “height” which both parties recorded was from a high chair, I am only taking your word that it was from a toddler chair but it still makes it wrong! And no matter how vulnerable or lacking of IQ there is, it doesn’t mean she doesn’t deserve a lot more. As I said John Venables was “vulnerable” and it could be argued he is on the spectrum, but he certainly deserved more time than what he was given. Baby Ps mother allowed her child to be abused to death in an abusive relationship, nor was she the sharpest tool either. Both of these beings are monsters so what’s different about FS? Why are people here so dead set on defending and conjuring up excuses for a monster?

I am quite familiar to the trial, no matter how vulnerable or lacking of IQ there is, it doesn’t mean she doesn’t deserve a lot more. As I said John Venables was “vulnerable” and it could be argued he is on the spectrum, but he certainly deserved more time than what he was given. Baby Ps mother allowed her child to be abused to death in an abusive relationship, nor was she the sharpest tool either. Both of these beings are monsters so what’s different about FS?
You’re conflating so many issues, here I don’t even know where to start. Not to mention that children who commit crimes have to be given a chance to be rehabilitated because that’s what it means to live in a civilised society. Unless you think we’d be better off going back to medieval punishments 🤨

Reactions: 12
I am quite familiar to the trial, despite assuming that the fall from the “height” which both parties recorded was from a high chair, I am only taking your word that it was from a toddler chair but it still makes it wrong! And no matter how vulnerable or lacking of IQ there is, it doesn’t mean she doesn’t deserve a lot more. As I said John Venables was “vulnerable” and it could be argued he is on the spectrum, but he certainly deserved more time than what he was given. Baby Ps mother allowed her child to be abused to death in an abusive relationship, nor was she the sharpest tool either. Both of these beings are monsters so what’s different about FS? Why are people here so dead set on defending and conjuring up excuses for a monster?
I’m curious because you say you have read the trial, what was your take on; bruises on FS that were documented on snapchat, her family seeing them, her being petrified as a photo was shared of Star on Facebook that she didn’t want SB to see and the incident where she was punched in the Sun pub full of people, in front of her sister and mother?

Reactions: 10
You’re conflating so many issues, here I don’t even know where to start. Not to mention that children who commit crimes have to be given a chance to be rehabilitated because that’s what it means to live in a civilised society. Unless you think we’d be better off going back to medieval punishments 🤨
I’m curious because you say you have read the trial, what was your take on; bruises on FS that were documented on snapchat, her family seeing them, her being petrified as a photo was shared of Star on Facebook that she didn’t want SB to see and the incident where she was punched in the Sun pub full of people, in front of her sister and mother?
Quite a high percentage of women go through domestic violence, in many cases a lot worse! But they don’t allow their children to get abused to death right under their noses. No excuse.

Reactions: 3
Quite a high percentage of women go through domestic violence, in many cases a lot worse! But they don’t allow their children to get abused to death right under their noses. No excuse.
I was just asking because you stated she wasn’t a victim so I just wanted to hear your take on it. Again no one has excused her actions towards Star.

Reactions: 7
Minimising them, defending them then? For want of a better phrase.

She was a victim of Domestic Abuse. Again, many women are but it doesn’t justify allowing the death of one’s own child. FS by filming her own daughter from another angle falling from a chair (no matter the height), staying in said relationship and leaving Star alone with her abuser, despite being “clever enough” to have suspicions about the abuse doesn’t deflect from what she is I’m afraid.

I don't think adding time to FS sentence will be of benefit to anyone.
Yes she took part in the low level abuse but some of it was socially acceptable in this country until a few year ago. Gypsy's tend to live behind the times and their own rules so if SB was telling FS that her ways of punishment were the best and right way FS went along with it not necessarily agreeing or liking sending Star to the wall ect. Parents often have good cop, bad cop and FS was also abused. SB is clearly a Narcissist and understanding how a narcissist works gives a clearer idea of how all of this abuse played out. SB would have convinced FS that the bruising had been caused by accident and FS even if she had an inkling (which I believe she did) would have been made to feel like she was the disgusting one for thinking that her partner SB would do such a thing.
FS sentence is long enough in my opinion!She will live with the realisation that her little girl suffered horrific abuse leading to her death and that to me is punishment far worse than sitting in a prison. She will also have to try and live under the radar of the general public because the fear of someone finding out and attacking her on the outside will also be with her forever.
FS is young and will benefit from having good therapy/ counselling. FS isn't dangerous and I believe that Star would still be alive and living a happy life if SB hadn't come along. She may have been passed around family and friends but and who's to say that being in a bit of a chaotic family is wrong.
SB murdered Star not FS and SB deserves to be locked up for life.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Medieval punishments are more than appropriate for people who kill or allow the death of a child. Or anything else of a nonc-ey nature. But that’s just me.

Reactions: 1
Minimising them, defending them then? For want of a better phrase.

She was a victim of Domestic Abuse. Again, many women are but it doesn’t justify allowing the death of one’s own child. FS by filming her own daughter from another angle falling from a chair (no matter the height), staying in said relationship and leaving Star alone with her abuser, despite being “clever enough” to have suspicions about the abuse doesn’t deflect from what she is I’m afraid.
She had an IQ of 70 which is abnormally low. And she was only 18 when she met SB. Under the circumstances, it’s not difficult to see how someone like her could have been manipulated to the extent that she was.

She has a suitable prison sentence and will have to live with this for the rest of her life. I don’t think evidence suggests that she’s sociopathic and I think she should be given an opportunity to be rehabilitated.

Medieval punishments are more than appropriate for people who kill or allow the death of a child. Or anything else of a nonc-ey nature. But that’s just me.
Do you want your children to grow up in a country that thinks torturing people is ok and should be sanctioned by the state? How exactly would that promote a society where people aren’t violent towards each other and their children?

Reactions: 13
She had an IQ of 70 which is abnormally low. And she was only 18 when she met SB. Under the circumstances, it’s not difficult to see how someone like her could have been manipulated to the extent that she was.

She has a suitable prison sentence and will have to live with this for the rest of her life. I don’t think evidence suggests that she’s sociopathic and I think she should be given an opportunity to be rehabilitated.
Fair play, each to their own I suppose, I just don’t find having a low IQ as an excuse. Ive never said she was sociopathic either. Just a wrong un who allowed the abuse of her child. 18 is classed as an adult in this country, low intelligence or not.

As I said we’ve all been over this for months, 99% of people on here can have a healthy debate without the mention of violence or anything which is unacceptable. The other 1% are the ones who doxx people on these threads, we don’t want a repeat of that

• Heart
Reactions: 13
As I said we’ve all been over this for months, 99% of people on here can have a healthy debate without the mention of violence or anything which is unacceptable. The other 1% are the ones who doxx people on these threads, we don’t want a repeat of that
Like I said fair play but cases involving children especially can be quite emotive.

@BattleAxing Theres a group on Facebook called ‘Trusting Evil Podcast Page’. They discussed the trial very emotively on there for weeks. I think you’d love it.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I don’t understand why it is happening either it seems to be FS family are happy with her sentence. People don’t think how it could make her family feel what they have been through loosing Star has been traumatic and to sit through an 8 week trial giving evidence and hearing about her life.
It's completely irrelevant how her family feels.

Personally based on all the evidence I thought 12, serving minimum 10 was closest to being appropriate, and that she should've been found guilty on the manslaughter verdict, but wasn't up in arms at it being 8. I guess it's more so the probation part that makes it all a bit harder to take. Just interested to hear people's thoughts now it seems likely her sentence will be increased
I thought the same. 8 years and likely even less is too low for allowing someone to kill your child. I also thought 12 years is more appropriate.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
It's completely irrelevant how her family feels.

I thought the same. 8 years and likely even less is too low for allowing someone to kill your child. I also thought 12 years is more appropriate.
I know it’s not about how her family feels when it comes to the law, I was simply saying they are happy with her sentence and said she deserved it.

Reactions: 5
RIP Ava Grace Nolan
9 days old. 'Parents found guilty of causing or allowing death.

I don't understand why joint enterprise can't be applied to these cases.

9 days. It seems there's one every day at the moment.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
... which is irrelevant.
How is it irrelevant where this is a thread where we have discussions about anything to do with; law, Star’s family, Star, FS, SB etc.

Also in terms of Star’s family we were all talking about the review of FS sentence, as the attorney general has decided to refer to the court of appeals. Most of us here were saying it could be traumatic for the family to relive, as it was most likely done by the general public vigilantes to take it to the attorney general.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5