Savanna Brockhill & Frankie Smith #16

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I dont know how long a visit takes if they are doing one. But I’m on pins each day. I have him on Facebook and he the type of twit who tells people he even going loo . And nothings been said.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 4

More information seems to be coming out after the fact. Frankie says that she broke up with SB and she killed Star as revenge 😢

The judge was right when she said that Star was caught in the crossfire of their abusive relationship.

• Sad
Reactions: 13

More information seems to be coming out after the fact. Frankie says that she broke up with SB and she killed Star as revenge 😢

The judge was right when she said that Star was caught in the crossfire of their abusive relationship.
I think that was always a theory amongst this thread as to what spurred that final act of violence - coupled with Frankie Googling how to get injunctions etc. In fact, I'm almost sure I posted that exact scenario that on the day she came round Frankie told her that was it, and when she went to the loo etc, Savannah struck Star. I thought at the time she wanted to be the 'saviour' and save Star to get Frankie's gratitude.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I think that was always a theory amongst this thread as to what spurred that final act of violence - coupled with Frankie Googling how to get injunctions etc. In fact, I'm almost sure I posted that exact scenario that on the day she came round Frankie told her that was it, and when she went to the loo etc, Savannah struck Star. I thought at the time she wanted to be the 'saviour' and save Star to get Frankie's gratitude.
100% agree with the theory you put forward that time, I hope SB rots in hell

• Sad
Reactions: 9
100% agree with the theory you put forward that time, I hope SB rots in hell
I've thought about Star often these last few weeks. It still make me so desperately sad knowing what she went through. So young and innocent and used as nothing more than a bargaining chip between the two of them. It breaks my heart :(

• Sad
I just also read this on the BBC website;

‘The Child Safeguarding Practice Review Panel found Brockhill had a history of domestic abuse with a previous partner and was subject to a restraining order in 2015. But no checks were carried out by social services.’

Social services are responsible for what happened to Star. They could easily have done a few background checks and connected the dots about what a danger Brockhill was. They did absolutely nothing.

It’s quite difficult to get a restraining order against anyone.

And usually there has to be proof of physical harm.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
I just also read this on the BBC website;

‘The Child Safeguarding Practice Review Panel found Brockhill had a history of domestic abuse with a previous partner and was subject to a restraining order in 2015. But no checks were carried out by social services.’

Social services are responsible for what happened to Star. They could easily have done a few background checks and connected the dots about what a danger Brockhill was. They did absolutely nothing.

It’s quite difficult to get a restraining order against anyone.

And usually there has to be proof of physical harm.
So many kids slip through the net because of how slow social services can be, I know they have a lot to deal with but if they just pushed that little bit more so many kids would be saved 💔 I imagine Frankie didn’t even know about this either. Speaking of Frankie, I’d never condone the stuff she done and I 100% think she deserves jail time but I sometimes wonder how she’s getting on. Loosing her daughter and now being locked up, I hope she’s getting the help she needs and she’s getting classes after the lack of help and support she’s had through her life

• Heart
Reactions: 12
So many kids slip through the net because of how slow social services can be, I know they have a lot to deal with but if they just pushed that little bit more so many kids would be saved 💔 I imagine Frankie didn’t even know about this either. Speaking of Frankie, I’d never condone the stuff she done and I 100% think she deserves jail time but I sometimes wonder how she’s getting on. Loosing her daughter and now being locked up, I hope she’s getting the help she needs and she’s getting classes after the lack of help and support she’s had through her life
I think about her a lot too. Like you I agree she deserved jail time but I do also feel quite sad for her. I know she failed Star but she was obviously aware that she needed to get SB away from them and if that’s true that she then killed Star after breaking up with her that must play on her mind endlessly. If only she had just left Star with her Nana and Grandad.

• Sad
Reactions: 10

How can this be true she was sat on her knee in hospital. At asda together the day of the arrest. They remained in a relationship I don't buy it

Reactions: 1
I think a lot of us on here invested a lot of emotional energy into this case. Looking back it was so intensive. This thread was absolutely fantastic (if that’s what you could call it) for a grown up debate. So Brockhill had a history of domestic violence. I’m sure we all thought that but now it’s there in black & white! What a bloody tit storm! A child dead 😢 Mary Kate & Ashley must of known this, the whole family are scum.

How can this be true she was sat on her knee in hospital. At asda together the day of the arrest. They remained in a relationship I don't buy it
She was controlled, naive & vulnerable! Not to mention lost her daughter she will have been functioning whilst trying to process stuff. Frankie was cruel & neglectful but Brockhill had her under her spell & was playing ring master

• Sad
I think a lot of us on here invested a lot of emotional energy into this case. Looking back it was so intensive. This thread was absolutely fantastic (if that’s what you could call it) for a grown up debate. So Brockhill had a history of domestic violence. I’m sure we all thought that but now it’s there in black & white! What a bloody tit storm! A child dead 😢 Mary Kate & Ashley must of known this, the whole family are scum.

She was controlled, naive & vulnerable! Not to mention lost her daughter she will have been functioning whilst trying to process stuff. Frankie was cruel & neglectful but Brockhill had her under her spell & was playing ring master
Didn't she tell Frankie to 'act normal' as there was armed police outside the hospital too? I'm sure I remember reading this.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
Didn't she tell Frankie to 'act normal' as there was armed police outside the hospital too? I'm sure I remember reading this.
She told Frankie there were armed police when there weren’t (it seemed like Frankie genuinely believed her), told her they were going to be arrested, then gave her a story of what to say whilst they were left alone together in a family room.

• Sad
I honestly believe that Frankie never witnessed what really happened to Star that day, SB will never admit it and that poor family including Frankie who deserves to know the truth will never got proper closure it’s heartbreaking 💔

• Sad
I think Star's case is one which has truly affected me more than I realise. The circumstances which seemed so glaringly obvious to an outsider but were missed/overlooked by so many people. And an innocent baby could have been saved.

I think the sheer depravity of *how* and *how often* she was hurt has been one of the most awful things I've read about in my life.

• Heart
  • Sad
It’s on my local news now again after today’s report as it happened not too far away from me. I also don’t believe Frankie saw first hand what SB did to Star. Won’t lie got a lump in my throat watching it. RIP Star ⭐

• Sad
I still can’t get my head around social services not only missing everything they missed, but dismissing those reports as malicious. It should be glaringly obvious to anyone with half a brain that reports about the child of a young, single mum who struggled in school (even if they didn’t know the full extent of her struggles then) who’d ended up with a much older partner who has a criminal record and a history of violence are most likely credible, especially when there are pictures to coincide with the report.

• Sad
Also watching my local news, & they’ve reported that there are currently over 170 vacancies for social workers in Bradford. Shocking. 😓

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Also watching my local news, & they’ve reported that there are currently over 170 vacancies for social workers in Bradford. Shocking. 😓
It’s a ridiculous figure, but someone must take responsibility. If I was a social worker you cannot or should not be fobbed off so easily. I know they have a case load that’s not manageable But I would lay awake at night if I thought I had let a child down or placed them in that situation. It’s an absolute catastrophe