Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

bluecups

VIP Member
I wonder whether the photos of FS with black eyes will be released? Seeing those after seeing videos of SB punching the bag might give people who haven't followed the case closely a bit more insight into their relationship. As we've noted today, photos rather than written descriptions can have a powerful effect.

Reactions: 17

Ibrokethegoddamnwheel

Chatty Member
I'm from Keighley and this is our delightful Tory MP using Star for political gain. Pointing the finger at social services (dont get me wrong - I agree, they failed Star) which his political party made cuts to in the first place! 😖
The MP for the area Arthur Labinjo-Hughes lived in pulled a similar stunt. The irony when all the Tory’s have done all these years is make cuts to vital public services. Honestly what do they expect to happen?

One good thing that came out of SB rambling on during the 999 call was that she totally dropped herself in it when she mentioned calling FS into the room. Her lies later on about them both entering the room at the same time were easily disproven.

dollycurz

Chatty Member
I’m not surprised that frank turned his back on FS, he’s lost his great granddaughter and his son, it must be very hard for him. He’ll be harbouring a lot of anger. The whole thing is a tragedy.

• Sad

RR20

I've followed the trial updates and these threads from the beginning and I personally think it's unfair that the media don't seem to be mentioning that FS was a vulnerable young single mother in a controlling and abusive relationship who was preyed on by SB. The articles I read yesterday suggest they killed her together when SB inflicted the blows which killed Star. Although I do personally believe FS should have done more to get SB out of their lives she was clearly controlled and manipulated by SB and likely didn't have the intelligence to know how to get out of the situation.

Last edited:
  • Angry
I thought I'd feel better after the verdict. But I've lived this trial and these threads- like so many of you have- for 2 months. My heart feels so heavy. I see her in my mind all the time and today has just been horrendous.

I just keep repeating it. That poor darling baby.

• Heart

elikayute

Chatty Member
The reason I think it’s so important about FS is that until we understand what trauma looks like and the vulnerabilities it poses, this will keep happening. Things like the Freedom programme should be taught in schools imo.

• Heart

In this article, David explains how SB gradually increased the distance between FS and her family. Which is classic abuser behaviour. The flat where Star suffered her fatal injuries is several miles away from where Anita and David were living. I didn’t realise that.

I also think it’s time trolls on FB stopped attacking FS’s mother. They really should be ashamed of themselves.

Why don’t you read through all these threads from the beginning? I’m not about to go around in circles yet again.
Dont know what’s happened to this thread since yesterday, it seems any opinion that’s not FS is the worst most evil person in the world and should be locked up for life is wrong 🤣 feel like were on trusting evil

• Haha

Cocoloco818

Sorry I’ve still not caught up on the threads so I apologise if this has been mentioned but I’ve just heard the 999 call! Absolutely no sense of urgency whatsoever she’s just rambling on she didn’t even make it clear Star was barely breathing! The way the scene was described by both of them, by the time they called 999 she was unresponsive but you’d never think that based on that call alone. I really hope SB suffers for the rest of her life I’m so angry

dollycurz

Chatty Member
She would have done nothing to them, they are blood relatives and her sister’s kids and by all accounts she loves her sister. Star was her target, it was said in court even when all the kids were playing and having a spat over toys, Star was the always the one that was punished and sent to the wall.
I think SB saw FS being neglectful towards star and seized the opportunity to do as she pleased with that little girl. FS set the bar shockingly low on how that girl was treated.

• Sad

Cocoloco818

I feel so deeply affected by this, it’s a very weird feeling considering it’s something that’s nothing to do with me but I’m feeling it so deeply. Today is the first time throughout the trial I’ve thought I don’t want to know any more about this case. I’d like to know their sentences but I think once they’re announced I’m going to try and move away from it completely. Just typing that and knowing we all have the privilege to just “move on” is absolutely breaking my heart for the family.

• Heart

LittleMy

VIP Member
I’ve been avoiding the news because of all the Omicron shite, but I had to put it on for this. It’s a bit surreal to see and hear the things we’ve been reading about every day for the last 8 weeks on TV.

elikayute

Chatty Member
I can still believe that Frankie didn’t know. She’s isn’t smart and no doubt Savanna with her creepy confidence told her “Those bruises happened while she was with you”. Frankie let Star down, no question, and I can see how Savanna has manipulated Frankie into believing the bruises weren’t caused by her. But the jury have decided she knew or had enough capacity to know. It will be another emotional day no doubt, hearing sentencing arguments from AM/KG/ZA and then sentencing remarks from the judge.

• Heart

Padparadascha

I have always felt that Star fell from height, hence the bang. I agree that SB could be letting slip what happened. When she said in court "If I'd punched her I'd have killed her". Well she did kill her.
A few years back I got knocked off my feet by a cyclist, onto my back. The handlebars caught me in the abdomen and even when I made impact with the pavement I couldn't do more than make a low "Oof" sound. I had no injuries but I was surprised afterwards that being so winded and shocked I had barely made a sound. In fact it was onlookers who yelled out in shock, I was silently gaping like a goldfish.

That's why I felt that either SB stood Star on a chair and punched her in the abdomen sending her flying, or that Star was toddling in the living room and SB kicked her in the abdomen and sent her flying. But either way it feels like the baby was too winded from the blow to make a sound other than the impact of her on the floor.

• Sad
Reactions: 16