Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ibrokethegoddamnwheel

Chatty Member
Does anybody think the national media are failing to mention FS IQ? It’s relevant to the case but not been reported by any of the media outlets I’ve seen so far.
There’s a lot they’re failing to mention. My OH hasn’t read up on the case at all and when he read about it in the news earlier, he was asking me why they both weren’t done for murder and got quite angry about it (similar to the fb groups but not as extreme). I had to explain a fair bit to him including the whole iq/compliance thing, the age gap between FS and SB, the manipulation and abuse FS suffered etc. Not to make him feel sympathetic towards FS, but to get him to see it really wasn’t as cut and dry as the press are making it out to be. That whilst FS was a terrible mother and acted awfully to Star at times, not being found guilty of murder was the correct decision and that C&A was a more fitting verdict.

The majority of journalism in this country is shockingly bad, it thrives on sensationalism and lacks nuance. I guess that’s what gets the most clicks.

Last edited:
Reactions: 22

Motherofpugs

Chatty Member
I just cannot make sense of it. That picture has made me think Frankie will get a more severe sentence. Five chances missed. Just unbelievable except for knowing it’s true.
It really shows the gap between our knowledge and the jury’s knowledge doesn’t it. Wonder what the implications will be for social services then seeing as they had every opportunity to intervene.

Reactions: 21

Adcs813

On sky news, they've just shown David's fb post showing the bruises. They look like very obvious, non accidental bruises (to me) so I can see why the family were so concerned a the time 😢

• Sad
  • Heart

Hereforagoodtime85

Chatty Member
“Just a little bit floppy, to be honest with you”

She sounds like she’s describing a broken toy. Such a vile, repugnant, excuse for a human!

• Sad

LuckyCharm

Chatty Member
I’ve lurked on all the threads about these two, I haven’t been able to write my comments as it would just be me agreeing with all of you! You have all written so eloquently and put into words how most of us feel about the situation.
Justice has been served and SB deserves all she gets.
Just listened to the 999 call and the sound of the other kids crying and screaming is just haunting.

Hereforagoodtime85

Chatty Member
Sorry if this has already been posted but Boris has tweeted about the case. I can't see anything other than hefty sentences handed out today.

It’s all well and good BoJo publicly commenting; but what’s he going to do to invoke change? Social care is severely underfunded. Add onto that the devastating impact of the pandemic.. significant change needs to happen. If he wants to actully ensure “lessons are learned”, his government need to look at making changes to the system and specifically child protection.

This isn’t having a rant at you, it just annoys me when tweets like this are sent out into the ether and nothing changes.

• Heart

mRsKbRoOkS

VIP Member
During the pandemic, they would still see people in A&E especially children. Calling a doctor would have also been an option because they would have assessed if it’s an emergency over the phone. A baby screaming when her leg is touched and limping on it would have made a doctor suspect a fracture which is an emergency.
I know this is different and I can’t speak for all areas. However, I turned up at A&E on Sunday with a broken wrist and a black Eye I looked like
I had been beaten ( I wasn’t ). But do you know what they did? turned me away and said they don’t deal with fractures at a&e at the moment because of covid. They didn’t care that my arm was out of shape and I had bruise on my face and that I was in absolute agony. They didn’t ask how I was. I was given an address to a minor injury unit over ten miles away and basically pushed out the door! I am adult and I know maybe they would have seen a child. But how appalling! What if i had been attacked and it had taken all my courage to attend. Even if they couldn’t help me physically, they should have asked questions and checked if I was okay. The should have attempted to safe guard me, they didn’t know my situation and didn’t even care!

• Wow
  • Sad

dollycurz

Chatty Member
I find the Dacia arriving at the recycling plant harrowing knowing what was to come. Evil woman I hope she rots, honestly.

• Sad

Miscanthus

VIP Member
I have followed this thread and read the trial updates everyday - I work in children’s social care so am semi accustomed to hearing about horrible things, neglect / abuse etc and I have a 22mth old daughter so this case has resonated with me somewhat more than things usually do.
I also felt sympathy for FS, but after seeing the picture of the bruise to Star’s cheek all I can say is WTF - HOW could she believe these were accidental and why the hell didn’t CSC act??. I am glad she has been found guilty, whereas before I wasn’t so sure about this verdict for her. Absolutely shocked by the pic
These are what we can see. That child had a fractured skull, broken ribs, broken leg, internal injuries. Every time she was touched, dressed, reins put on, nappy changed, walking etc would have been shere agony and she must have cried, wimpered, moaned....to no avail.

• Sad
  • Heart

Foreverunknown

OH lord.... i'm floored with the news articles. That image of her poor poor sore face is enough to eradicate any shred of sympathy I ever had. I'm sorry - low IQ............ actual animals have enough emotion to protect their young. That couldn't be justified away in a million years.

I am completely sick to my stomach - even my wildest intruding imagination couldn't have matched the reality of the callousness of SB. I hope she rots inside until she's 99, With no love, no warmth, knowing nothing but pain and humiliation for her wickedness.

Beyond angered she wasn't saved.

• Sad

LittleMy

VIP Member
As I’ve mentioned before, I am no fan of Frankie and I find it so hard to get my head around the fact that she ignored the abuse of her child (for whatever reason). I think she got the right conviction for her, I’ve always said it - imo she did cause/allow Star’s death by giving Savanna access to her in the first place and then continuing to allow her to be in Star’s life. However, I can understand other users’ points and why they feel empathy towards her because I don’t think in black and white terms. I look at the bigger picture. It doesn’t change how I feel about the verdict especially with the evidence that’s been released lately, but it makes me understand possibly why things ended up where they did.

• Heart

Hereforagoodtime85

Chatty Member
Here we go. Batten down the hatches and get the tinfoil hats ready, folks. The ‘other side’ are going to start creeping in 🙄