Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

elikayute

Chatty Member
Back in the June when Frankie was taken to hospital with Star with bruise from Savanna “the coffee table” Brockhill, the police officer said SB was against Star being taken, but Frankie was happy for her to be taken to hospital.
That was presumably a worrying bruise for the police to want her to be checked out, but the doctors agreed it was consistent with a coffee table fall. Isn’t that going to set the bar of Frankie’s future assessments? A doctor saw that and thought it was fine. So next time Savanna again blames the coffee table or the bed or the stairs, and Frankie remembers last time it was bad the doctor said it was fine. And then it happens again with the social worker in September - shin bruising consistent with her age and another cheek bruise - Star so dazed she walks into a sofa, but social worker says she’s fine.
And then her leg, while she didn’t take Star to hospital, she said she wanted to. I can’t believe she would have said that if she knew the bruises were non accidental. Again SB put her off.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 26

elikayute

Chatty Member
The photos and videos are horrific, and I think it will be a longer sentence than I originally expected, but when I look at the evidence I can’t see anything that shows for sure that she knew of any serious violence. I just think about all the messages, all the photos, all the videos, and there’s nothing about covering up serious injury, nothing about knowing about it. Just a bit at the end about fingers and marks. I understand everyone saying “how could she not know” but I also know social services believed the explanation, so if it was SBs lie, why wouldn’t FS believe it. And it wasn’t the first time.

Also really curious about the decision of her dad to take his life on her birthday. That seems really spiteful. He wasn’t a saint himself by all accounts. After I read that I thought Frankie will do the same thing. What an absolute mess.

• Haha

DIDDLY1

My opinion about FS and the whole circumstances of Star’s tragic murder have not changed. Her low intelligence, that would have been regarded as ******** up until a few years ago, combined with the DV and CC, plus her chaotic life up until she met SB just cannot be disregarded even when photos or videos come out. We are a civilised society and we don’t need pitch forks and lynchings. Everyone has their own opinion but please justify your reasons and thank you all for keeping this thread going during such a distressing trial

• Heart

nothinonyou

VIP Member
Hearing the other kids screaming in the background of the 999 call has made my blood run cold.
they've obviously seen something so harrowing, if one of them jumped on Star accidentally they'd be kind of bewildered and confused. But because they've just witnessed and violent attack they're hysterical, probably scared they'll be next

• Sad

avabella

VIP Member
My heart really hurts today. So many missed opportunities to save that poor little baby. I'm so devastated for all those who loved her :(

• Sad
  • Heart
I’m hoping Frankies family are still there for her on the outside, after hearing about the low IQ and domestic violence I think they will be. She needs people to finally help guide her through life even though it’s not to late, hopefully she can turn her life around.

• Sad
  • Heart
That bruise on Star's ear does not and could never be passed off as 'make up'. It looks exactly like what it was: somebody gripped it and twisted it and it damaged her entire ear.

I would have walked that baby into a police station if I was baby sitting. But I am not an 18 year old girl who tried her best to refer it to social services and got ignored. Hollie does not need criticising. SB is terrifying and scary. Imagine dealing with her?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 25

nothinonyou

VIP Member
interesting she starts the 999 calls with "basically" very like Emma Tustin. Nothing is basic about a baby's death!

LittleMy

VIP Member
glad to see people are finally waking upto to FS after seeing the pictures. it was a tad nauseating to hear everyone feeling so sorry for her. lets hope she never becomes a mother again.
I don’t think that’s fair, and this post is quite baiting. Nobody here was on the jury - I’ve said numerous times over several posts that the evidence will speak for itself and it has. People have felt a range of emotions and that’s natural. Many of the people who have shown empathy towards FS have simply been trying to make sense of it all and see things from a different perspective.

• Heart

LittleMy

VIP Member
Yvonne left Frankie to take care of her younger siblings while she was on a bender all night to the point Frankie was struggling to cope and gave Star to Anita and David. I don’t think it’s all as rosy in the garden as it’s being made out to be. SB was the real problem, yes, but there was clearly some level of dysfunction going on there.

• Sad

Gstace

Guys, now the verdict is out ( the verdict none of us can change even if we wanted to) I'm going to love and leave you all. Thank you all for welcoming me to the site it was along with Arthur's case the first high profile case I've sat and followed. As i said the jury did brilliantly on such a tough, awful case so God bless them, God bless Stars family and bless you all x

• Heart

LittleMy

VIP Member
I knew as soon as the evidence was released people would start to feel differently. It was the same with little Arthur’s trial. Those poor children. My heart is breaking for them.

elikayute

Chatty Member
I agree with Savanna’s verdict. I’m not sure about Frankie’s but I’m not surprised by it. I think it would take a good understanding of how people respond to trauma to find her not guilty. There could also be things we haven’t heard.

• Wow

dollycurz

Chatty Member
You can only imagine the level of force and viciousness that the recycling centre footage would show, it fractured her skull. The bruised face photo is simply enough for me to write SB off as the biggest piece of scum I have ever come across, and that’s me being very polite.

• Sad

elikayute

Chatty Member
I hope MKS hears this and feels very, very, very, very bad.
As poorly behaved as she was, I can understand her wanting to believe her sister, and I do feel for her having lost her mother and now her sister being convicted of a dreadful murder of a baby. I hope she does accept the verdict, and I hope her children are okay.

Why are all these people dumb as rocks gives me the fear for society
I was born, raised, and live in Keighley. Work in Bradford. There is an over representation of these people in the population. It is partly my job to figure out why. Still not managed it tbh...quite complex.

• Sad
Reactions: 24
Guys I’ve been removed from the Trusting Evil group for not agreeing that Frankie should have her womb ripped out and that she helped murder her because she’s ‘just got that look’ 😔 whatever will I do with my life now I can’t watch people with extremely low iqs act like their on the jury when the furthest they’ve got is judge judy of a afternoon 💔

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24

elikayute

Chatty Member
September 2, 2020 - Frank Smith – Star's paternal great-grandfather – alerted social services to a video of Star with bruises on her face. The next day they went again unannounced and found her at home with Brockhill. They noticed Star was so unsteady on her feet she walked into a sofa while they were there. There were also bruises on her cheek and right shin but were told by Brockhill she had fallen down the stairs. On September 15 social services closed the case, indeed concluding the referral had been 'malicious'. A week later Star was murdered.

The person from SS who visited on Sept 2 is either dumb or indifferent. How, just how do you see a bruised baby who is very unsteady on her feet and close the case? Shocking.
That is what I mean. How the frick has a professional missed this. And not just missed it but closed the case as a malicious referral ffs. At the very least if the bruises were accidental you can understand the family’s concern. Just outrageous. I hope whoever this was has been sacked and is unable to work in any role that requires safeguarding from now on. Appalling.

Reactions: 23