Savanna Brockhill & Frankie Smith #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think everyone is different some find comfort from it.. I would to a certain degree but editing photos of my child to make it look like they knew them along with other insane stuff crossing an effing line...I'd be all up for the condolences and letting off balloons.. but as for other things no it's not right but that's based on myself everybody deals with grief differently some find comfort some find uncomfort but there's still barriers u just don't cross x
Fortunately, we are not Star’s family so however everyone here feels about this, it’s not in our gift to change anything. Star’s family can and if they want to they will.

Reactions: 5
Fortunately, we are not Star’s family so however everyone here feels about this, it’s not in our gift to change anything. Star’s family can and if they want to they will.
Yes I do agree that's why I said everybody's different and deals with grief differently but also people do do things that are extreme n normal people would take the family's feelings into consideration I'd hope.

Controversial opinion and this is going to sound awfully judgemental but most of these people are occupation "yummy mummy" type people.
I used to have a neighbour like this who forever changed the frame on her Facebook profile page to whatever was trending or let's turn Facebook orange etc. She was always tagging me in posts like "let's fix each others crown" with a selfie and an inspirational quote I was supposed to share with another selfie and tag 10 more people. I used to call them the "live,laugh, love" family.
None of them worked and there always some sort of drama, if a police car came down the road they would all be out the front in dressing gowns. I remember once they chased some courier out the Street and acussed him of being a pedophile for driving up and down that controversy lasted a few weeks.
I feel mean saying this as as other posters have commented it is giving the family some comfort at the moment.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Controversial opinion and this is going to sound awfully judgemental but most of these people are occupation "yummy mummy" type people.
I used to have a neighbour like this who forever changed the frame on her Facebook profile page to whatever was trending or let's turn Facebook orange etc. She was always tagging me in posts like "let's fix each others crown" with a selfie and an inspirational quote I was supposed to share with another selfie and tag 10 more people. I used to call them the "live,laugh, love" family.
None of them worked and there always haf some sort of drama if a police car came down the road they would all be out the front in dressing gowns. I remember once they chased some courier out the Street and acussed him of being a pedophile for driving up and down that controversy lasted a few weeks.
I feel mean saying this as as other posters have commented it is giving the family some comfort at the moment.
I don't think not working is a reason for this behaviour though! Lots of people who do work also have this type of mentality.

Reactions: 11
I don't think not working is a reason for this behaviour though! Lots of people who do work also have this type of mentality.
Good point. I was talking about this family specifically they just had nothing else to focus on. But you're completely right. Ultimately I did get on with them and they were good people. I just think live and let live they weren't hurting me. What's odd or strange to us probably isn't them. The main danger of this is when interest wares off where will that leave the grieving family?

I have been isolating this week as I have COVID and so I have been off work. I have become a lot more absorbed in following this case updating the court pages than I would if I had been working, children in school etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
The main danger of this is when interest wares off where will that leave the grieving family?
I know...the family are grieving and are going through an acutely distressing time. These strangers are, in a very distasteful fashion, giving them some comfort. But come Christmas week, new year...this will be just another group in their FB profile and these strangers will latch on to something else.

Reactions: 4
Anita responded to it , I personally don't understand why they encourage these people who just want attention!
Catching up so some one may have said but Anita’s last name is Smith. It looks like a different Anita that replied.

Reactions: 6
They must also be grieving for Frankie too just not publicly. It seems Anita and David played a big role in her upbringing too. If at 15 she was playing with dolls. It weren't that long ago she too was their little girl, she looks so very young in that prom picture posted on here that was what 3 years ago?
They seem a close famiky Alicia was good friends with her as well as sisters. There must be such a conflict of emotions towards her, and it is still a loss.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
They must also be grieving for Frankie too just not publicly. It seems Anita and David played a big role in her upbringing too. If at 15 she was playing with dolls. It weren't that long ago she too was their little girl, she looks so very young in that prom picture posted on here that was what 3 years ago?
They seem a close famiky Alicia was good friends with her as well as sisters. There must be such a conflict of emotions towards her, and it is still a loss.
I completely agree. They will also , I imagine, have to shelter her after her sentence, where else could she go? I think the only positive outcome, if there can be such a thing, is that she receives education and life skills in prison. Not sure if this is provided though.

I think the only positive outcome, if there can be such a thing, is that she receives education and life skills in prison. Not sure if this is provided though.
They need to enrol her on the freedom project, which is a course for victums of DV to help them escape the cycle of abusive relationships, she apparently was in the process of an autism diagnosis, at the very least her IQ is that of mild learning difficulties so that really needs to be assessed properly. I would have thought. She possibly needs some sort of psychiatric assessment for PTSD if we accept that she was unknowing in this.
I don't belive she poses a threat in society, but I think the media portrayal of her will make her life pretty miserable inside or on the outside.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Can I ask a question that has been on my mind. FS says she was in the bathroom and heard a thud and a child say 'oh Star'. If she was being hit wouldn't she hear her daughter cry. If not in pain but even if she fell no mention of Star crying. Also what did these children see, hear or witness. I haven't read anything other than they were being questioned. What happened to them. Maybe the lost time in the flat was sorting them out. They didn't pitch up at the hospital.

Reactions: 1
Can I ask a question that has been on my mind. FS says she was in the bathroom and heard a thud and a child say 'oh Star'. If she was being hit wouldn't she hear her daughter cry. If not in pain but even if she fell no mention of Star crying. Also what did these children see, hear or witness. I haven't read anything other than they were being questioned. What happened to them. Maybe the lost time in the flat was sorting them out. They didn't pitch up at the hospital.
I think where the blow was inflicted and the damage it caused will have made Star lose her breath so she wouldn’t have cried. The children were around Star’s age so too young to be questioned

• Sad
Reactions: 9
They need to enrol her on the freedom project, which is a course for victums of DV to help them escape the cycle of abusive relationships, she apparently was in the process of an autism diagnosis, at the very least her IQ is that of mild learning difficulties so that really needs to be assessed properly. I would have thought. She possibly needs some sort of psychiatric assessment for PTSD if we accept that she was unknowing in this.
I don't belive she poses a threat in society, but I think the media portrayal of her will make her life pretty miserable inside or on the outside.
I don't think she poses a threat generally in society either, although she'd quite easily fall into an unsavoury life if she doesn't have the right support or education.
First and foremost, she needs to be assessed to find the reason for her low IQ/high compliance, is it autism?

Without any of these answers and support, she'll continue to fall into the 'wrong crowd'. The circle starts again. County lines for example.

First and foremost, she needs to be assessed to find the reason for her low IQ/high compliance, is it autism?

Without any of these answers and support, she'll continue to fall into the 'wrong crowd'. The circle starts again. County lines for example.

I don't think her lawyers emphasised the IQ thing enough. I found this quote from a study. Bearing in mind Frankies IQ is 70. I think this gives you more insight.

" Luis Mata, executed in 1996, had an I.Q. of 68-70. According to a psychologist who evaluated Mata, "his ability to express himself and his ability to recognize the meaning of common words were at the level of a nine- to ten-year-old child....He lacked basic understanding of familiar processes. He did not know the function of the stomach, where the sun sets, nor why stamps are needed on letters...Arithmetic abilities were limited to addition and subtraction with the help of concrete aids such as fingers."

Reactions: 3
The situation with the other children has been covered on pretty much every previous thread, I haven't heard anywhere that they were being questioned, they were too young I beleive also they were related to SB. As for crying, I guess one big punch took her breath away so not able to cry :cry: :cry:

• Sad
Reactions: 10
I actually thought when FS said that SB hit her with her right hand while driving she may not know her left and right (I know right hand is possible but I did think she may have just guessed), but then because she was put on the spot she didn’t want to backtrack and look like she was lying again

Reactions: 7
I don't think she poses a threat generally in society either, although she'd quite easily fall into an unsavoury life if she doesn't have the right support or education.

I very much agree. She has slipped through the net and hasn’t received the support she so clearly needed.

The situation with the other children has been covered on pretty much every previous thread, I haven't heard anywhere that they were being questioned, they were too young I beleive also they were related to SB. As for crying, I guess one big punch took her breath away so not able to cry :cry: :cry:
During the 999 call, the other two children were said to be crying and screaming in the background so they must have seen something horrible happen. I can’t imagine how this will have affected them.

• Sad
This sort of thing was happening before social media tbh. I remember before the days of Facebook a 2 year old little girl very sadly passed away from sudden childhood death syndrome. This was talked about on a parenting forum. People were making montages which they set to music.

Also Princess Diana’s death which prompted that awful Elton John song which had originally been written for Marilyn Monroe. I actually remember someone I knew at the time, purchasing that song and playing it at her daughter’s Christening!

People are often just so inappropriate 🤷🏻‍♀️
9F59AE7B-99E9-47D4-9D79-265CC340AFF2.jpeg

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
I very much agree. She has slipped through the net and hasn’t received the support she so clearly needed.
Unfortunately this happens. Had she had been diagnosed with learning difficulties this could have been very different.
"The desire for approval and acceptance and the need for protection can lead a person with LD to do whatever others tell him. People with LD can fall prey when people with greater intelligence decide to take advantage of them."
"characteristically poor impulse control, difficulty with long-term thinking, and difficulty handling stressful and emotionally fraught situations. They may not be able to predict the consequences of their acts or resist a strong emotional response."
" people with LD can be desperate for approval and friendship. Eager to be accepted and eager to please, people with LD are characteristically highly suggestible."
" ... They have problems with attention, memory, intellectual rigidity, and in moral development or moral understanding. They are susceptible to suggestion and readily acquiesce to other adults or authority figures... People with LD have limited knowledge because their impaired intelligence has prevented them from learning very much. They also have grave problems in logic, foresight, planning, strategic thinking, and understanding consequences. "

Reactions: 4
What the hell???? This recreational grieving is the nightmare that keeps on giving.

Unfortunately this happens. Had she had been diagnosed with learning difficulties this could have been very different.
"The desire for approval and acceptance and the need for protection can lead a person with LD to do whatever others tell him. People with LD can fall prey when people with greater intelligence decide to take advantage of them."
"characteristically poor impulse control, difficulty with long-term thinking, and difficulty handling stressful and emotionally fraught situations. They may not be able to predict the consequences of their acts or resist a strong emotional response."
" people with LD can be desperate for approval and friendship. Eager to be accepted and eager to please, people with LD are characteristically highly suggestible."
" ... They have problems with attention, memory, intellectual rigidity, and in moral development or moral understanding. They are susceptible to suggestion and readily acquiesce to other adults or authority figures... People with LD have limited knowledge because their impaired intelligence has prevented them from learning very much. They also have grave problems in logic, foresight, planning, strategic thinking, and understanding consequences. "
Yes, as a parent who has 2 with diagnosed SEN I can say that nobody suggests help for your child unless you push for it.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.