Savanna Brockhill & Frankie Smith #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’d imagine if it was untrue, KG would have challenged it.

What are peoples final predictions now we’ve heard everything? I’m sticking with SB guilty of murder, ideally a sentence of 25 years+, and FS not guilty.
I’m sticking with SB - Murder. I’m not sure if she can be found guilty on both counts as if she is guilty of murder she obviously caused death? But if she can be found guilty on both counts I’d say “go for both”. The longer the sentence the better…. I suspect, though, it will be 20-25 years.

FS - I haven’t a clue! I wish there was an added count of abuse/ neglect/cruelty. I’m certain she didn’t murder Star or cause her death. Allowing - I’m not sure there’s enough evidence tbh.
I would like her to serve a few years for her to have professional help to recognise the part she played in her baby’s suffering and how she can move forward.

Reactions: 12
When considering risks the defendant should have been aware of and the steps they ought to have taken and circumstances they ought to have foreseen, and considering what a reasonable person in those circumstances would have done.

By circumstance that also includes personal characteristics, for example, if it comes to it, your interpretation of FS's intelligence.

That's very clear then re: the earlier debate we had about whether causing or allowing is solely on what a reasonable person ought to know. They can find not guilty if they feel the IQ was a significant contributing factor.

Reactions: 17
When considering risks the defendant should have been aware of and the steps they ought to have taken and circumstances they ought to have foreseen, and considering what a reasonable person in those circumstances would have done.

By circumstance that also includes personal characteristics, for example, if it comes to it, your interpretation of FS's intelligence.

That's very clear then re: the earlier debate we had about whether causing or allowing is solely on what a reasonable person ought to know. They can find not guilty if they feel the IQ was a significant contributing factor.
But, if it comes to it.

And there they go.
Let’s hope they take all the time they need and that they come to the right decision. I don’t envy them.

Reactions: 16
But, if it comes to it.
She has to say that, otherwise she could be accused of leading the jury.

How exactly are the jury meant to decide what a reasonable person who is considered ‘borderline mentally r*tarded’ should have done? Like, is that not an oxymoron?
It’s certainly tricky but seems fairer than a sentence for lacking capacity.

Who the fook is waving to SB 🤢

Reactions: 10
If anyone is using Chrome you can install an extension called Distill web monitor which will give you alerts on web page updates.

Reactions: 6
I was talking about the trial with a friend and she said something along the lines of “FS will be tormented even down to the abrupt end of the relationship with SB”
I’d never actually thought of that or the effect that would have on her and that’s before we even consider everything else that she’ll have to deal with. The reason why it played on my mind was the fact it wasn’t a normal relationship, it was an abusive one where she was controlled and almost seemed dependent on SB (the way she couldn’t seem to let her go or would always let her back in even after the things she’d done to her). I imagine that alone would have had a huge effect on her. I think she’s going to need a lot of help in regards to her mental health whatever happens

• Sad
Reactions: 6
How exactly are the jury meant to decide what a reasonable person who is considered ‘borderline mentally r*tarded’ should have done? Like, is that not an oxymoron?
I suppose in complete isolation, it would be impossible to take someone's IQ and just determine from that if they knew what was right and what wasn't. But looking at it in the wider context - evidence that she was highly compliant, in a DV relationship, told what to do by her mum and SB re: some medical things etc, then it builds a picture. It's open to interpretation and how much they take those mitigating factors into account as to whether they believe she was guilty or not

Reactions: 9
Somehow it feels like whatever sentence SB receives, it won't be enough :(

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Forgive me if I’m out of the loop on court etiquette, but who on earth decides to wave to people on trial for murder whilst the jury are out? It’s not like you’re bumping into each other in Tescos or something.

Reactions: 17
i imagine as soon as the jury walk into that room they're all just like "right SB murder now onto FS"

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Is anyone else feeling really anxious about the outcome now?
I was literally about to post this! I feel sick. I can’t imagine the pressure the jury are under. So many things to consider. I have no idea what they’ll go with for FS.

Reactions: 11
Forgive me if I’m out of the loop on court etiquette, but who on earth decides to wave to people on trial for murder whilst the jury are out? It’s not like you’re bumping into each other in Tescos or something.
I took it as like a “hang in there” kind of thing. Both families must believe their innocence?

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.