Savanna Brockhill and Frankie Smith #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think anita meant she didn't like jordan introducing her to going out to bars etc . Any bar. She said frankie didn't have any interest in going out before jordan took her, if I recall correctly
Thanks for the clarity. Still an odd statement to make. Anita clearly had concerns re; FS, Yvonne and Jordan because nights out for young parents aren’t uncommon and are usually no issue if the child is well cared for prior to this.

Reactions: 2
I don’t think it’s a strange statement for Anita to make at all. I think it reads like a desperately sad relative trying to apportion blame onto anyone that seemed to have any influence on how the whole sorry situation started. I don’t think she necessarily means it or can articulate what she actually means, but I think she’s so overcome with grief that she’s putting 2+2 together and getting 5.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I think anita meant she didn't like jordan introducing her to going out to bars etc . Any bar. She said frankie didn't have any interest in going out before jordan took her, if I recall correctly
Yeah - this is how I took it too. Anita had previously said that Frankie didn’t go out much prior to being introduced to it by Jordan, it appears she was easily led and Anita was sad that it was down the wrong path.

Reactions: 4
Yeah I don’t think Anita was referring to Frankie’s sexuality as the problem. I took it to mean that SB was very manipulative and Frankie would never have met her if Jordan didn’t start taking her to that particular pub. Certainly it’s true that she could have met a man with similar tendencies but as family you’re going to wish certain things in that timeline could be changed.

Mumsnet pulls those threads for commercial reasons, they’re in serious financial tit and need all the ad spend they can get. They’re not going to get brand partnerships or sell ad space on a thread about a murder of a child.

Just found this: https://www.gov.uk/contempt-of-court

The two points that may be crossed is saying if someone is guilty or innocent, and releasing info that isn’t in the court case (eg people sharing bits off Facebook). I don’t understand if the guilty or innocent thing is more focused on journalists etc on Twitter with large reach, someone on another thread shared how forums are exempt from the Twitter legal beefs that have happened cos it’s seen more as a “chat in a coffee shop” whereas Twitter is akin to media publishing these days. No idea tho.
That’s really interesting about MN. I didn’t know they were struggling financially! I’ve often thought that their agenda is odd at times. And whenever they take a thread down ‘for now’, it never goes back up again!

Last edited:
If a murder involves an element of sadism the starting point is 30 years, Stars age,then add the fact she was in a position of trust, then add the DV. Ol girls looking on 32-35 years.
I do hope she gets this then. Still, even that doesn’t seem enough does it. Star saw one birthday, just one. If only they took into account the years robbed off Star. I’d award 80 years on top of that. I’ll never really understand the poor sentences in this country for serious crimes.

Reactions: 11
I do hope she gets this then. Still, even that doesn’t seem enough does it. Star saw one birthday, just one. If only they took into account the years robbed off Star. I’d award 80 years on top of that. I’ll never really understand the poor sentences in this country for serious crimes.
I think she could get whole life tarriff if the judge decides SB was unusually cruel. Not 100% infact in going to read back up on sentencing guidelines. It's difficult for judges to use whole life orders specially when it involves 1 victim but it can be done. Never heard of it being used for a domestic case but I guess we can hope.

Is this a general rule of thumb n the UK?
To the best of my knowledge yes.

Not quite. They both had difficult childhoods and Folie à Deux wouldn't apply in their scenario. Literally translated it means a madness of two and although that could be any two people, generally it is used to describe a man and a woman who commit murder together.

I don't know...I think some of that has been misconstrued. If we put aside the crime for a moment, this is a woman who was so convinced she wanted to die she jumped off a six storey high building.
Due to those injuries she has since suffered two miscarriages and assumed all future pregnancies would go the same way.

Either the abortion was advised medically (this is possible, no further info was given) or she felt unable to carry on with the pregnancy of a wanted child.
I don't think either scenario should be used against her though. Maybe she didn't want to bring a child into her situation. Or maybe she was trying to punish herself.

Whilst what she is accused of is abhorrent, some things shouldn't be brought down to evil vs non evil.
No I have to disagree. Medical reasons aside which she didn't make mention of, to wait until 21 WEEKS to terminate a pregnancy you know you don't want. Nope that is hideous.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Yeah I don’t think Anita was referring to Frankie’s sexuality as the problem. I took it to mean that SB was very manipulative and Frankie would never have met her if Jordan didn’t start taking her to that particular pub. Certainly it’s true that she could have met a man with similar tendencies but as family you’re going to wish certain things in that timeline could be changed.

That’s really interesting about MN. I didn’t know they were struggling financially! I’ve often thought that their agenda is odd at times. And whenever they take a thread down ‘for now’, it never goes back up again!
Mumsnet aren’t a forum tbh they’re an advertising opportunity for the woman that owns it. They used to be in cahoots with all the big ad agencies when I worked at one of the big ones very briefly years ago they were aware of us scraping member posts for analysis and condoned this (this is also possible with tattle but the way the website is configured makes a lot harder, because it’s actually for conversation not for data capture). I wouldn’t go near Mumsnet with a barge pole and that’s not even getting onto the gross culture there. But when they claim they’re pulling threads altruistically, they’re not, it’s because they need to provide those spending £ on their platform with performance reports and they don’t want to see undesirable content in that.

That said I have reported the thread to mods to check over it, hopefully someone will comment and either let us know they’ve got to lock it or why it’s safe!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I hope the Tattle powers don't have to delete this thread. I think it's only if things are discussed that haven't been said in court which may jeopardise a fair trial when a thread would need to be pulled isn't it?

I know the subject is horrendous and the life of a child has been taken away but it's been such a level headed, informative thread - as have the two before that. For example, Anita's comment about Jordan taking FS to the gay-bars. Some posters took it one way, some another and the explanations from each poster to analyse what she meant have been so fair. I didn't understand the bits about the romani translation, and a couple of people took the time to explain it.

On the other site, there'd have been such snideyness and belittling. I haven't come across any of that yet.

There's been the odd comment here aimed directly, mostly at SB, JH, FS, YS but well deserved, mostly well worded but certainly not many pitchfork wielders.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Jordan can’t be blamed. Frankie was out drinking Thursday to Sunday - she would have found her way into these bars regardless.

Reactions: 7
It honestly makes me so sad that if SB probably wouldn’t of come on the scene that poor baby would still be here. They all say, yeah FS was lazy with her and needed help, but she was a happy baby and once SB arrived that’s when it all went downhill. It’s just heartbreaking how Star went from happy and loved to neglected and seen as such a sad baby 😢

If I'm right in thinking that the only questions SB has had so far are from her defence team then next week is going to be explosive under cross examination. My feeling is the jury are going to get a real look at SB's explosive temper if the questions rattle her.

If I'm right in thinking that the only questions SB has had so far are from her defence team then next week is going to be explosive under cross examination. My feeling is the jury are going to get a real look at SB's explosive temper if the questions rattle her.
The prosecution and FS’s defence will be hoping that’s the case. Light a fire under her, see what happens.

She looks nothing like in her filtered pictures. 😱
She started wearing a lot more make up and getting her eyelashes done also changed her clothes after she met with SB - they said in court that she started to dress like a traveller etc.

If they speak to her the way they’ve been speaking to the woman on little Arthur’s case then wwooaahhhh it’s going to get heated.

She looks nothing like in her filtered pictures. 😱
I also think this was a couple of years ago so she naturally changed etc.. she really was so very beautiful and I wonder if this has a lot to do with SB’s behaviour towards her - the insecurity of her leaving her etc.

Reactions: 11
Jordan can’t be blamed. Frankie was out drinking Thursday to Sunday - she would have found her way into these bars regardless.
I think the point Anita was making was pre Jordan, FS wasn’t out drinking full stop. It sounds as if she was still playing with dolls a year or two prior to all of this!

Re the comment it’s obvs illogical but Anita’s not only had one of the most devastating life events possible, her granddaughter (& daughter of her dead son) who lived with her for 2+ years as a teen is the one who has done it. She’s lost two people in this, so probably can’t think straight and is looking for answers or to apportion blame. I know I wouldn’t want to think my LO was capable of such things, you’d always be looking for an explanation or a reason and sadly I doubt she’ll ever get one.

I really hope FS speaks truthfully this week because Star’s family deserve answers & they deserve to know that they did their best, SB and FS were purposefully deceitful/evasive to get away with continuing the abuse.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.