Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Toath

I was the same as you, 10cm spent 3 hours pushing… then emergency c-section
And after over 40 hours of labour I welcomed it, I never fought the doctors on their advice all I wanted was my baby safe. I didn’t even care about myself

Agreed! I was only 15 hours and exhausted - I can’t imagine 40!!
I wanted an artificial pain relief free birth just because I don’t respond well to Panadol so wasn’t sure how I’d respond to the labour drugs but didn’t fight them at all when they suggested gas to help me count through contractions at 7cm’s, or when they realised the Caesarian was the only safe way for my baby to come.

Reactions: 3
Being in hospital for a few days after birth isn't "standard" in Australia. To me that says either she is really unwell after birth or she had a c-section (more likely)
Agreed, I would say c-section because even if baby has to stay then they still kick her out after 24hrs if vaginal birth in the public system

Reactions: 2

saaahhhhreal

Chatty Member
if she is in a private hospital the special care is equipped for not very sick newborns that require feeds and weight and simple jaundice, but its a bit early for that, otherwise she would get moved to a public NICU or the kids hospital. Even public hospital SCN aren't for sick babies, mainly feeder/growers

I wo
Agreed I don’t think it’s DS, was just pointing out that some genetic conditions that a baby has, automatically means they get sent to SCN notwithstanding they might not have any overt breathing or feeding issues but simply to monitor.
I wonder if it's a cleft palette?

usemycode

VIP Member
I think Unvaccinated more likely so not allowed in special care. The nurses are not wearing correct ppe for her to have covid
Good point

Heya, I eagle-eyed the bassinet in one of her stories…. It’s placed up on quite a high angle - something they DON’T DO or encourage in hospital as it’s a danger of Dropping down and really startling bubs if not more harm. The only time I’ve seen midwives prop up the bassinet like this on the frame is because bubs has reflux/airway issues. I wonder if that’s part of the reason why they’re staying on….
📐
In her other stories it’s flat 🤔

Vegasbaby

VIP Member
Why is she wearing compression shorts after birth? Is this a thing? I’ve never had kids so totally clueless 😂