Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

mariah cachia

Chatty Member
Ok this might be a bit unethical but my bets are on Jacob syndrome because of low muscle tone. It is most likely one of the sex chromosome conditions because Sarah mentioned its a condition only presenting in males. With that revelation you can easily cross out most things. Thy symptoms with this condition also vary which she also mentioned.
But I am sure it’s going to be a beautiful baby and I hope they will use all the support available.
Oh I missed Sarah saying it was a male only condition.

Reactions: 4

Toath

And repeating what others have said, that she’s had a csection is very unlikely. Once you’re at 10cm and pushing, if baby is becomes distress it is much much more likely (as it’s quicker and Less invasive especially if a mother has already birthed before) that assistance would be given via suction or forceps.
I know you said much much more likely (not impossible) but just wanted to add that I had to have an emergency Caesarian at 10cm’s and after pushing a few times because they realised bub was “sunny side up” / my pelvis was too short for him to come naturally. Tools wouldn’t have helped.

I also agree with everyone saying she didn’t have a caesarian - I was up and moving but I would be wincing in pain when I moved at a weird angle or did that crunch sitting up movement she’s been doing for at least a week or two afterwards.

I do however think she has covid - not that she will ever admit it for us to confirm.

Reactions: 4
I don’t think it’s strange that the dad is holding the baby and she is filming and holding his tiny hand.
I think this is just how they’ll stretch it out.
short video on Kurt’s insta, followed by a vague photo on Sarah’s a bit later.
Oh okay.. I just thought he may have posted something with the three of them that’s all..

Reactions: 3

Larry554

The tubes she showed connected to somewhere on the baby or bassinet, do they look like they could be for a biliblanket? Could be why he’s needing to stay in a little longer

102greenbank

The natural parent magazine on Insta just reposted her first birth photo with a wildly inaccurate caption. Nice place to leave comments that she has no control over and it’s a decent publication so might take things seriously and leave them up.
What was inaccurate about the caption? Wasn’t it about changing birth plans and not experiencing guilt about it?

frogpalm

She would want to take care holding the baby with such a bend in her wrist. De quervain’s here we come!

Amymv

Soooo "I am 24/7 with a nurse" => proceed to do a story with no nurse, no one in her room 😂

I was in transitional care last month after NICU, room alone with my baby, and some NICU nurse and midwives who were popping by during the day, but I wont say "24/7". She must be in something similar.

It looks like a regular room whether or not baby is being monitored intermittently by scu, or whether baby has been discharged from there and is just in normal women's ward with her for normal checks for a condition. Definitly doesn't look like a nurse would be in there 24/7 there's probably the normal desk outside in the hall way that everyone has !

saaahhhhreal

Chatty Member
Just chiming in, I birthed at the same hospital and stayed in for 4 nights as a patient cause my daughter was in SCN and then pending there being available rooms, I was changed to a ‘boarder’ which is charged additionally. so stayed in the same room and additional 3 nights whilst my daughter was being monitored. But if it’s long term yes you have to go home and come back but if there’s availability you can stay :)
yeah its all to do with beds. If they have one its yours but they don't look after you because your boarding. You were very lucky!! :) its such a good opportunity when it is available and most nurses will work their butts off if they have the room to keep you there for as long as they can