Sarahs Day #2 Cultural Appropriation x P.E. Nation

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
At face value, her reasoning for not attending a protest is completely valid - it's the same reason I didn't go. But I shared the location of our nearest protest to my measly 300 IG followers and have been stringently adhering to covid-19 restrictions the whole time. Sarah & Kurt, on the other hand, have frequently left the house for unnecessary things like free surf boards, tattoos, hair appointments and the like. For Sarah to suddenly try and claim she's "staying safe at home" is complete & utter bullshit.
But even if we gave her the benefit of doubt, the very least she & Kurt could have done is shared details of the protests across their platforms. To actively avoid doing this, just proves that her previous posts about the BLM movement & her cultural appropriation apology were all just lip service. She said the nice words and posted the pretty picture, claims she donated a buck or two, but when it comes down to real, tangible action, Sez has nothing to contribute. She's all talk.
Long time lurker, first time poster, and I completely agree with this!

I didn't attend the protests in my city due to having people in my life that are at risk. I did however watch the live streams and actively thank people and participated in the comments. But that would've been too much for Sarah. She could've watched a live stream, shared details about the protest in Sydney and other areas, or actively told her followers how to stay safe while protesting. Instead she did nothing.

In my opinion, basically nothing she has posted has been anti-racist. She's not sharing educational resources, especially not those from actual black people who are pretty much giving away education and links to resources for free right now. Yes, she donated. Good on her. But with the amount of money her and Kurt make they should be making regular monthly donations if they really cared. She says she's going to buy indigenous art, but as Rachael Sarra (@sar.ra_) said, you shouldn't be putting indigenous art on your walls just to prove you're not racist.

Sorry if I've come across too strong, she's really pissed me off lately. Glad to say I no longer even follow her just to watch the drama!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
At face value, her reasoning for not attending a protest is completely valid - it's the same reason I didn't go. But I shared the location of our nearest protest to my measly 300 IG followers and have been stringently adhering to covid-19 restrictions the whole time. Sarah & Kurt, on the other hand, have frequently left the house for unnecessary things like free surf boards, tattoos, hair appointments and the like. For Sarah to suddenly try and claim she's "staying safe at home" is complete & utter bullshit.
But even if we gave her the benefit of doubt, the very least she & Kurt could have done is shared details of the protests across their platforms. To actively avoid doing this, just proves that her previous posts about the BLM movement & her cultural appropriation apology were all just lip service. She said the nice words and posted the pretty picture, claims she donated a buck or two, but when it comes down to real, tangible action, Sez has nothing to contribute. She's all talk.

Also, forgive me if it's been linked and I've missed it - but did anyone record her "apology" or screenshot it if it was a post? It can't literally just be the video she's saved to her highlights under "✊🏿✊🏽✊🏼"
I didn’t go because me and toddler had colds and were isolating, (also waiting for covid test results... if I was well and I had 1mil people that were heavily influenced by whatever I did I would definitely go down just because I knew if I went I could also influence what at least 300 young girls to go with the off chance that they might see me.

Reactions: 6
Her long comment again is now deleted. Stop covering your tracks. I also replied to her with a true story of why I didn’t protest today (attached) and she deleted that too. I’m done I need to walk away at this point.
She deleted my post about my dead grandfather cause it makes her reasoning look stupid. Thanks heaps sarah I’ll pass your condolences onto my family too. 😢
I am deeply sorry for your loss.
Her behaviour is appalling. She is literally heartless.
I want to say I was shocked but given that she monetized her own grandmother's passing, this is unfortunately very in character for her

Whatever it may be it is clear to me now she will be using the current BLM movement as additional clout, profit and attention on herself.

Even the thought of that occuring makes me feel sick.
Only Sarah could and would dare to do this. Makes me sick to my stomach. :sick:

That's where my mind went; ethnic dish recipes in her cooking project (that of course have been stolen). Or she's going to donate all of the money to a BLM organisation from the views of her next vlog. You know, it'll be something that makes her look so selfless and generous. That would actually be great because it might be a substantial amount that would really benefit POC. Whatever she chooses to do it'll have undertones of 'look how amazing I am.'
You're assuming she'll donate the full amount raised? She skimmed a bit off the top of the bushfire donations, remember? She didn't contribute a penny of her own, so she could have at least paid the tax herself (which was a deductible anyway) but instead she took it out of the donations.

So, yet again, we may see Sarah use a fundraiser to: draw more traffic to her channel via a 'charitable' act, shuttle her followers' money through her own bank account instead of asking them to donate directly to the organizations, skim some money off the top of said donations, and we may even have the bonus of her father preaching that his daughter has helped a worthy cause once again (with no credit given to the "scum").

:mad::mad::mad:

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 16
Oh the irony of little Miss I-don't-edit-my-photos-I-just-use-filters complaining that the aesthetic Pinterest sofa she wanted isn't the soft light pink she saw online but actually a red pink in real life.

And giving Fox her new mortar and pestle to play with just so she could film him for 'gram content was cruel. Especially as she knew he would cry when she took it away. Why on earth give it to him in the first place?!! It's not a toy ffs! It's like he's a living doll for her to play with for her own amusement when she feels like it.

Reactions: 14
In her stories sez tried to say Kurt doesn’t care about furniture shopping and he comes back with “I do, I had to watch fox” 😂 it’s so obvious who does all the parenting!

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Oh the irony of little Miss I-don't-edit-my-photos-I-just-use-filters complaining that the aesthetic Pinterest sofa she wanted isn't the soft light pink she saw online but actually a red pink in real life.

And giving Fox her new mortar and pestle to play with just so she could film him for 'gram content was cruel. Especially as she knew he would cry when she took it away. Why on earth give it to him in the first place?!! It's not a toy ffs! It's like he's a living doll for her to play with for her own amusement when she feels like it.
right? I thought this too! Like ‘oh I brought it over here to take a picture of it and *of cooourse fox wants to play with it*’

well duh! He’s a child, he’s intrigued, you’ve put a shiny new object in front of him, he’s learning about the world around him of course he’s going to show an interest. How about either let him play with it a bit or wait until he’s asleep to take your sad little photos of your new *aEsThEtIc* pestle and mortar

Reactions: 8
At face value, her reasoning for not attending a protest is completely valid - it's the same reason I didn't go. But I shared the location of our nearest protest to my measly 300 IG followers and have been stringently adhering to covid-19 restrictions the whole time.
Im the same - I didn’t go because I live with someone who is immune compromised, the same reason I’ve been very strict with following all the rules. I also shared the location on my IG and Facebook and donated what I could to the cause. Sarah looks ridiculous using that as her reason not to go because she hasn’t cared about the restrictions as all - she would of looked less stupid just saying “I didn’t want to go”.

Reactions: 3
how can you tell? I feel like a noob hahah
Simply put there are 2 consecutive days where she has gained +1k. Seems to make up for the +1k she lost the days prior. It pretty much covers up the fact that she is still losing followers aswell.

The bad thing for her and others who do this is that these are usually inactive accounts and bots that obviously wont engage in her platform. Which will bring her overall engagement rate down.

It is really interesting to me to have a look at different influencers stats at the moment.

Reactions: 7
ED1201BC-0194-4633-8EA6-389FFC2C1D59.png

has she lost the plot? Tell me if I’m wrong, I swear they bought that house in January??

• Haha
Reactions: 7
View attachment 148082
has she lost the plot? Tell me if I’m wrong, I swear they bought that house in January??
They bought it at the end of September according to my google search. Scrolled back a little in Instagram and looks like they were renovating by November sometime. Can’t seem to work out when they got the keys though. So at least 6 months... maybe 7... I think 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 3
right? I thought this too! Like ‘oh I brought it over here to take a picture of it and *of cooourse fox wants to play with it*’

well duh! He’s a child, he’s intrigued, you’ve put a shiny new object in front of him, he’s learning about the world around him of course he’s going to show an interest. How about either let him play with it a bit or wait until he’s asleep to take your sad little photos of your new *aEsThEtIc* pestle and mortar
😂😂😂 “sad little photos” 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: 1
I just wanted to say, incase any of you girls comment on posts on insta or facebook and try to give any clarity around Sarahs behaviour and censorship, PLEASE make sure your accounts are on private. Theres a facebook group of girls I've been made aware of, and a couple of others who have stalked my profiles (that were already fairly secure) stalked through my old marketplace ads to find where I live, have threatened to contact multiple places I might work around my area, threatened to come to my house, to steal my dog. The irony in that Sarah calls us the 'haterz' but yet her Stans are actually this level insane is crazy. I know there's a past pattern of behaviour with Stans being insane but I just wanted to let you all know to double check your platforms xx

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 42
View attachment 148082

They bought in September, she has reno vlogs from November - you’re probably just confused by the fact she released the Reno vlogs like 5 months after she filmed them..

I just wanted to say, incase any of you girls comment on posts on insta or facebook and try to give any clarity around Sarahs behaviour and censorship, PLEASE make sure your accounts are on private. Theres a facebook group of girls I've been made aware of, and a couple of others who have stalked my profiles (that were already fairly secure) stalked through my old marketplace ads to find where I live, have threatened to contact multiple places I might work around my area, threatened to come to my house, to steal my dog. The irony in that Sarah calls us the 'haterz' but yet her Stans are actually this level insane is crazy. I know there's a past pattern of behaviour with Stans being insane but I just wanted to let you all know to double check your platforms xx
I am so sorry that this has happened to you! Her followers are next level crazy. Such a shame that people can’t point out actual wrong doings without being accused of being a bully and then actually being bullied and threatened themselves. I hope if you have enough evidence you contact the police, these girls shouldn’t get away with this behaviour.

Hopefully when Sarah is doing her daily read of this forum she see’s your post and starts to recognise what actual bullying looks like. Wouldn’t it be amazing if she actually addressed it in her stories, mentioned that she’s aware that some of her followers crossed the line when interacting with people who disagree with her behaviour and that people need to not do that.

Reactions: 13
That's so not cool, I hope you're ok!!
I can't believe her "fans" aka obsessed little cult would go that far. Wonder if Sarah is aware as it's so easy to find the new house and she's now shown a floorplan. Not very up there with her families safety/security measures

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.