Sarah's Day #11 Self-promotion, accountability not a notion,my sPesHuL kid loves the ocean

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Girl can’t and won’t ever say she isn’t good at something. Her self criticism is “omg I work tooo hard”. That’s it. Everything else she does is amazing.
She’s the person in job interviews when they ask what your biggest flaw is and replies with “I’m a perfectionist”

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Long time lurker finally reaching my wits end!

Omg you guyyyyyys... She invented meatballs! Such genius!
Funny how she says she "literally made it up in her head". It's a well-known paleo/Whole 30 diet recipe:

Lying. As usual. :rolleyes:

Just like she copied the recipe of her Protein Balls from a bodybuilding site.

how do you know so much about her early management? She’s never spoken about that from what I can remember. I thought she was self managed (she talked about how she was really selective with events, products, etc herself) up until Two Palms?
I took a professional interest. I worked in the industry at the time, so I paid attention to the details like management info and product placements.

You're right, she's never spoken about it, just like she never mentioned she got a kickback out of her iHerb, LaBang, Protein Bread, and Tropeaka discount codes, and just as she refuses to acknowledge any sponsorship to this day.
And she still says she's super selective and only recommends stuff she uses all the time, but where are the neoprene gym bags she once said she adored (she had one in pink and black, she did a what's in my gym bag video about them)? Where's the Loving Earth chocolate she had to have every night for dessert? Where are all the watches she used to show back then? She even got Kurt a matching one? (I can't remember the brand, it could have been The Horse). All her absolute favourite items that she only shows because she adores them, never because she was paid to promote them. :sneaky:

Edit: Valley Arm management. She was with VA. :)

Can we just be super petty and all go put that we hate meatballs on her poll 😂
I know you're joking but please don't ever vote on her polls! Those polls are engagement meters. Doesn't matter how you vote, so long as you click on it, it shows high engagement on her stories. She can then raise her business rates for sponsorships and collabs. Ignore all the stupid polls she puts up and that'll actually put a dent in her earnings and bring her down a peg or two.

I guess there haven’t been enough complaints made about her for them to investigate, so maybe she isn’t on their radar
Aus infleuncers are getting away with sooo much more than European and US based influencers. I'm not sure why it's not better regulated. Seems it needs mass reporting for them to fine her, just as you said.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 48
Funny how she says she "literally made it up in her head". It's a well-known paleo/Whole 30 diet recipe:

Lying. As usual. :rolleyes:

Just like she copied the recipe of her Protein Balls from a bodybuilding site.

I took a professional interest. I worked in the industry at the time, so I paid attention to the details like management info and product placements.

You're right, she's never spoken about it, just like she never mentioned she got a kickback out of her iHerb, LaBang, Protein Bread, and Tropeaka discount codes, and just as she refuses to acknowledge any sponsorship to this day.
And she still says she's super selective and only recommends stuff she uses all the time, but where are the neoprene gym bags she once said she adored (she had one in pink and black, she did a what's in my gym bag video about them)? Where's the Loving Earth chocolate she had to have every night for dessert? Where are all the watches she used to show back then? She even got Kurt a matching one? (I can't remember the brand, it could have been The Horse). All her absolute favourite items that she only shows because she adores them, never because she was paid to promote them. :sneaky:

Edit: Valley Arm management. She was with VA. :)

I know you're joking but please don't ever vote on her polls! Those polls are engagement meters. Doesn't matter how you vote, so long as you click on it, it shows high engagement on her stories. She can then raise her business rates for sponsorships and collabs. Ignore all the stupid polls she puts up and that'll actually put a dent in her earnings and bring her down a peg or two.
Yes, I went back to her old videos and found the business contact for VA Media.

While searching for that, I remembered that her first eBook featured active wear from Cotton On (she even had a couple of meetups in their stores), the watches and sunglasses were from The 5th, the agency made some pretty good deals for her with a lot of big name brands - Adidas, Timberland, Victoria's Secret, they had her attending events and engage with her following. She hasn't been doing a whole lot of it since deciding she doesn't want to share the money from sponsorshits.

I also believe the original management was the one who initially set her up with Tropeaka and Loving Earth.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Agree. I could sit here and list off a lot of ideas for good fun content for her but I won’t because it’s free ideas

I think she is turning Sarah’s Day into a brand, not being an influencer. Grace Beverly (formerly GeacefitUK) is trying to do this now with Tala and Shreddy. The app, Sunnee, will be Sarah’s attempt at this switch. I just don’t think she can successfully do this. The Keep It Cleaner girls have really been the successful ones to do this, and I just think they are smarter and more authentic in their approach
I agree. Her “brand” GF dairy free sugar free nutrition free is not going to be able to last. With her shilling her powders in recipes and using items like buckwheat, not everyone will have access to cook her meals. Additionally, her audience is quite young so I can’t imagine 14-16 year olds telling their parents that they have all these restrictions and must make recipes from a book that is showing a “Healthy” alternative to pasta.

also it’s her transformation from fitness into cooking mom adult, and it’s not her because I don’t even consider her an adult mentally. She is on par with how adolescents act

Reactions: 18
Yes, I went back to her old videos and found the business contact for VA Media.
Oh are they still listed in her old videos? I remember looking for the email and couldn't find it. I must not have gone far back enough. Cheers for finding and confirming! :)
the watches and sunglasses were from The 5th
Oh you're coming through today! Thank you! It was driving me crazy not recalling the brand. I knew it wasn't The Horse- they collabed wth different lifestyle influencers like Amanda Shadford back then.

I remembered that her first eBook featured active wear from Cotton On
And then she ripped off their pyjamas down to the very last detail. :sneaky:

sponsorshits
😂

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Oh are they still listed in her old videos? I remember looking for the email and couldn't find it. I must not have gone far back enough. Cheers for finding and confirming! :)
I found them in the VS event vlog, but she deleted info almost everywhere else.
I have been following her since she was at 20k subs, it is wild how many brands she has worked with since, and there are for sure some undisclosed ads that went over our heads.
I'll give her props for knowing how to integrate a sponsorship into a vlog, shame the magic wears off with time when she develops yet another condition which she then magically heals with a gifted/sponsored product.

Sorry for spamming today, but it has been a seriously slow day at work due to Covid.
I went back to her old posts and the amount of gifted tit she got even as a then small influencer is unbelievable. Candles, powders, clothes, pressed juices, chocolate.. It is insane.

I remembered that she used to be sponsored by that health food store (Naked Foods?), a f**king tuna brand, Peak chocolate, thebeautychef, Puma, etc.

My favourite find has to be that one time she said that Kurt gifted her a retreatyrourself box when in reality it was sponsored and she needed to post about it.

Other than that, I found that she has always been cooking slop and her collarbone has been present from the very beginning

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 62
Other than that, I found that she has always been cooking slop and her collarbone has been present from the very beginning
LMAO. I’m surprised she doesn’t have an entirely seperate Instagram page just for her collarbone. She seems to love it and show it off more than her fiancé.

• Haha
I found them in the VS event vlog, but she deleted info almost everywhere else.
I have been following her since she was at 20k subs, it is wild how many brands she has worked with since, and there are for sure some undisclosed ads that went over our heads.
I'll give her props for knowing how to integrate a sponsorship into a vlog, shame the magic wears off with time when she develops yet another condition which she then magically heals with a gifted/sponsored product.

Sorry for spamming today, but it has been a seriously slow day at work due to Covid.
I went back to her old posts and the amount of gifted tit she got even as a then small influencer is unbelievable. Candles, powders, clothes, pressed juices, chocolate.. It is insane.

I remembered that she used to be sponsored by that health food store (Naked Foods?), a f**king tuna brand, Peak chocolate, thebeautychef, Puma, etc.

My favourite find has to be that one time she said that Kurt gifted her a retreatyrourself box when in reality it was sponsored and she needed to post about it.

She didn’t even spell “smoothie” right in the beginning lmao she always said “smoothy” 😂 How on Earth was she ever gonna be a teacher??

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Don’t forget the random plug of a Bioglan charcoal mask. It was so long ago but was about when I started to catch on to her shenanigans. Carried on about “I never recommend anything unless I love it”. Bullshit.

I think the whole concept of being sponsored as an influencer really, really needs to be so much more transparent. It just feels so shady that they can say and do things and go under the radar. It seems so disingenuous.

Reactions: 16
What I’ll never understand is, if she ACTUALLY wanted to help people and give good health advice, she would actually educate herself! Go take a nutrition course, become a certified personal trainer, better yourself so that the content you share is actually helpful and correct!

It proves she actually doesn’t care about helping people because she doesn’t believe she can be taught anything new or learn or grow. That her info is the best info. Even if it harms someone. No one can teach her anything or correct her or hold her accountable.

It is all about selling products and the “lifestyle” and it is disgusting. She only cares about taking peoples money and it is hurting people and perpetuating unhealthy fitness/life/health/world views.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Ahhhh Kurt kicking Sarah over (playfully) in his stories tonight was sort of satisfying haha

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Welcome to anyone who's lurking. Please feel free to jump in!
Long time lurker here! I won't be participating much but I just wanted to say hi and that you all are absolutely lovely :) Used to be a major fan but started to see through her ages ago and I'm glad many other people can see it too!

Also, I'm Indian and the daal that she made still haunts me in my dreams...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 78
Oh yes Sarah you culinary genius. Switching one type of pork for another type of pork. Take my money
https://www.carbmanager.com/recipe/keto-prosciutto-wrapped-meatballs-stuffed-w-mozzarella

or this one!

Also... she wants her app to be available in November. Yet she is still creating recipes. She is the master of time management and a working boss mum.
maybe it’s for adding later?

Maybe instead of doing squats while watching the oven, she should clean up the mess she makes. As well as, maybe, you know, clean as you go?

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
Long time lurker here! I won't be participating much but I just wanted to say hi and that you all are absolutely lovely :) Used to be a major fan but started to see through her ages ago and I'm glad many other people can see it too!

Also, I'm Indian and the daal that she made still haunts me in my dreams...
I feel for you. It's incredibly insulting how she takes dishes from other cultures and simply ruins them. It's not just about creating a dish called 'xyz', food represents culture but I guess understanding and honouring culture, ingredients and cooking procedure is too much to ask from miss Sez. She has zero knowledge and understanding of food and nutrition, let alone anything above that.

Reactions: 18
Did anyone else see Leigh Campbells insta stories on how a major media outlet is currently working on a big story on Aussie influencers and their failure to disclose ad, sponsorships and gifted products? I hope they’ve included Sarah in that list.

Reactions: 47
I feel for you. It's incredibly insulting how she takes dishes from other cultures and simply ruins them. It's not just about creating a dish called 'xyz', food represents culture but I guess understanding and honouring culture, ingredients and cooking procedure is too much to ask from miss Sez. She has zero knowledge and understanding of food and nutrition, let alone anything above that.
Thank you for saying that! I completely agree with you. I have absolutely no issues with anyone cooking/eating/enjoying food from different countries, but here there's just a lack of basic respect and research about the culture (not to forget the lack of credentials) - similar to every other project she takes up.

Reactions: 14
Someone mentioned this before, but Sezz-balls truly is in a time loop. All her stories and posts are either:

-Focean spam
-WoRk-LiFe BaLaNcE
-Plugging her activewear/ workouts / poppy bloom
-Some SwEaTy workout with horrible form
- “I haven’t showered after my workout... still sweaty and gross” 😅🤢
- “My class starts in 5 seconds but I am just going sit in the car and ramble for 5 mins straight” 🤦🏾‍♀️
- “Should I put this in the CooKinG PrOjeCt???”
- “MuM Dayzzz.... by that I mean my mum is watching Focks”
- body checks/ collarbones/ abzzz/ walking like you need to take a tit

How her stans don’t get sick of her is mind-boggling. She is so unoriginal and boring at this point 🙄

• Heart
  • Sad
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.