Sarahs Day #1 Filthy Sezzy, Absent Kezzy & Exploited Fezzy

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How disgusting and embarassing that her following are apparently all racist, entitled and uneducated commenting and defending her on something they clearly have no understanding of. I cant believe I considered myself a fan and now I do not want to be associated with her in any capacity if this is the behaviour she condones.

Im so appalled at how she has handled this. She cannot just be genuinely sorry for once in her life and leave it at that. She is digging herself a deeper hole with how utterly unprofessional she has been. To not even delete the inital campaign video next to her "apology" says it all.

She deleted all of my concerns as a POC and blocked me, same with WF before it was pulled. And i was a Fan! They better be careful deleting anymore comments from POC.

is going to be interesting to see the fall out continue, espeically also with how it appears to be so similar to P.E Nations activewear, which she was actually wearing earlier this year. And has drawn "inspo" off of obviously. So dissapointing.

Sarah is going to need good lawyer and PR.

Reactions: 10
Sissy must be sulking because with the exception of the two insta stories this morning she has been silent. Girl usually loves to post BTS of everything she does.
Clearly she thinks of it as punishing everyone by not letting people see the new campaign, forcing them to wait now that she has had to reshoot the entire thing.
She is incapable of hiding her annoyance at having to pull the original campaign, all she does is pointedly make comments about how she can’t do things now. So mature.

Reactions: 1
Honestly I think that comment is fair from those fans. And if you look through the comments of her apology post (not defending her apology i think it was a load of tit) you see a lot of black, hispanic, and indian women saying that they could care less if shes wearing braids. so why do some POC care and others dont? If I rocked up to a job interview wearing coloured hair and extensions in braids I wouldnt get the job either. the job im currently in im not allowed any hair colour thats not natural. thats pretty standard. it it doesnt matter what race I am. So for someone to argue its preventing black women from getting jobs just doesnt settle right with me. A lot of women are saying this is predominately an american thing and that other areas in the world "cultural appropriation" isnt really a thing. I think that just gets soooo messy when we start claiming what others can and cannot do based off things that happened ages ago. moms were made fun of in the 80s for their baggy jeans. now mom jeans are on trend by ALL cultures, are the moms telling everyone "you cant wear those jeans because when we wore them we were made fun of and called slobs!". There needs to be a balance in this. what we should definintely be focusing on is her crappy excuse for an apology, and then playing the victim card, and then being over dramatic, and then talking about how shes a tit mom to fox. like excuse me hun, you literally prioritize everything before fox now and drop him off at your moms all the time. now that you have a late shoot and he has to stay one night over all of a sudden youre playing the "i feel like such a bad mom" card. how about all of those other days/ nights?!

Reactions: 1
I cannot believe after the “apology” the amount of white girl tears she is shedding - this article explains it well - https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp...n-use-strategic-tears-to-avoid-accountability

Using her strategic tears to cry about how late they are working and how fox is with her mum (most kids go to childcare all day anyway and have a blast) and how she hates conflict and doesn’t ever want to upset anyone. So it seems to me her apology and pull of the campaign was forced by white fox and not genuine. She is acting like a child that has got in trouble and is being forced to understand their actions and apologise.

Reactions: 5
Im
Sissy must be sulking because with the exception of the two insta stories this morning she has been silent. Girl usually loves to post BTS of everything she does.
Clearly she thinks of it as punishing everyone by not letting people see the new campaign, forcing them to wait now that she has had to reshoot the entire thing.
She is incapable of hiding her annoyance at having to pull the original campaign, all she does is pointedly make comments about how she can’t do things now. So mature.
it’s weird because the brand Sarah’s day is a company and if a company made a mistake and made an official apology then they wouldn’t have their staff making passive aggressive comments on social media all day afterwards! But Sarah’s day is. 💆🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 2
moms were made fun of in the 80s for their baggy jeans. now mom jeans are on trend by ALL cultures, are the moms telling everyone "you cant wear those jeans because when we wore them we were made fun of and called slobs!".
Still not quite hitting the mark, though I can see you're trying. Let's unpack. "Mom jeans" and box braids aren't equivalent to one another in this argument. In their time, that style was quite fashionable and standard - high-waisted and straight-legged cuts were the pattern for decades. They only became "mom jeans" in the early 2000's when low-waisted, crack-presenting cuts trended and this time-honoured style was, in turn, considered unfashionable. Putting "mom" before a clothing item became shorthand for casting women in the role of Mother and desexualizing them, making them conservative, modest, and out-of-touch by the clothes they'd always worn. They have been adopted by many different demographics, but the statement being made is not one of cultural empowerment of any particular group.

Box braids, on the other hand, have a history of representing systemic oppression. Controlling how WOC wear their hair dates back to slavery and there has been an implicit bias dating back hundreds of years for them to mimic white European hair. Their natural hair was considered "unkempt". The grooming standards set solely for them persist - Gabrielle Union was fired from AGT because her hairstyles were considered "too black" for the program. So for WOC, their hair is an empowering statement. White women's casual adaptation of those styles disregards the history and significance of the statement and reduces it to an aesthetic.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Honestly I think that comment is fair from those fans. And if you look through the comments of her apology post (not defending her apology i think it was a load of tit) you see a lot of black, hispanic, and indian women saying that they could care less if shes wearing braids. so why do some POC care and others dont? If I rocked up to a job interview wearing coloured hair and extensions in braids I wouldnt get the job either. the job im currently in im not allowed any hair colour thats not natural. thats pretty standard. it it doesnt matter what race I am. So for someone to argue its preventing black women from getting jobs just doesnt settle right with me. A lot of women are saying this is predominately an american thing and that other areas in the world "cultural appropriation" isnt really a thing. I think that just gets soooo messy when we start claiming what others can and cannot do based off things that happened ages ago. moms were made fun of in the 80s for their baggy jeans. now mom jeans are on trend by ALL cultures, are the moms telling everyone "you cant wear those jeans because when we wore them we were made fun of and called slobs!". There needs to be a balance in this. what we should definintely be focusing on is her crappy excuse for an apology, and then playing the victim card, and then being over dramatic, and then talking about how shes a tit mom to fox. like excuse me hun, you literally prioritize everything before fox now and drop him off at your moms all the time. now that you have a late shoot and he has to stay one night over all of a sudden youre playing the "i feel like such a bad mom" card. how about all of those other days/ nights?!
The point is that a WOC has hair that is styled in braids as a way of wearing their hair type. And they are expected to chemically straighten it or wear a wig in a white persons tanned hair style at a job interview rather then embrace their own type of hair. So if a white girl then decides that they will cherry pick a style from another culture in an ad campaign to make money with no reference to POC then that is cultural appropriate and taking advantage while the POC is still oppressed by the white people stealing their style.

Reactions: 7
so why do some POC care and others dont?
All POC should not be expected to share a monolithic view, everyone has their own diverse history and experiences that make them form their own opinion around things. The fact that 'some POC say it's ok' should also not be used to invalidate the feelings of those that say that they find something offensive.

Reactions: 12
I think as someone who preaches ‘love and positivity’ she should have just not done the hairstyle in the beginning. If the campaign was heavily researched she would have seen that this hairstyle would be problematic and there would be backlash (rightfully so) from POC. I can’t work out if she’s too stupid to know this, or if she intentionally creates this controversy.

This has me so fired up. I honestly cannot believe I once considered myself a fan. She has consistently done really shady things and when she is called out for it, she just cries and plays the victim. She needs to accept some responsibility. And also, get a PR team.

Reactions: 5
Just signed up here and will get off of GG for good. It's just too clunky of a site.

I want to say how happy and proud I am of everyone who spoke up for what is right! I know it seems like a pointless battle: the deleting of comments, white girls (and non-black poc) trying to define black culture, reading endless comments that paint the very people who are affected as the bullies. The very fact that the original campaign was scrapped, just shows that you HAVE been seen and heard! Your voice does have a ripple effect, it serves as a wakeup call to other influencers who are staying silent and watching from the sidelines. Of course, this is just the tip of the iceberg, but this IS progress- the learning process does not have an end. I love you all. Please give yourself permission to log out and practice self-care.

Her reboot is right around the corner...

• Heart
Reactions: 14
All POC should not be expected to share a monolithic view, everyone has their own diverse history and experiences that make them form their own opinion around things. The fact that 'some POC say it's ok' should also not be used to invalidate the feelings of those that say that they find something offensive.
Not to mention she had plenty of fans who are POC who clearly were offended but now aren’t able to comment on the apology post because she blocked them. The people who cared enough to comment in the first place are all blocked, the only people left are the ones who don’t care. That’s doesn’t make it not an issue.

Reactions: 11
Casually drops that she is received death threats to her and Fox and totally glazes past it... yea right Sez.

Also, PROUD to be in the 1% of her "crazies" who aren't mesmerised by her BS haha.

• Haha
Casually drops that she is received death threats to her and Fox and totally glazes past it... yea right Sez.
Ah yes, we're at the "i've totally had death threats, see how I'M the victim?" stage.

Like there isn't a long history of white women feigning fear over perceived tone, knowing that stereotypes that create prejudice will support her narrative that a POC is being "aggressive".

Amy Cooper tried that tit only days ago.

She has learned nothing and does not desire to learn anything. She is experiencing consequences for the first time in her life and she's falling without a net.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
omg guys she spent THREE house taking selfies in her clothes, wow so inspirational, i can't believe she took THAT much time out of her day to take pics for HER clothing line.

So is she saying they took 2 months to shoot one video, edit it and they didn't get any pics of the clothing? I would assume she has the campaign shoot but also white background no light filters images of the clothing on a model?

• Haha
Still not quite hitting the mark, though I can see you're trying. Let's unpack. "Mom jeans" and box braids aren't equivalent to one another in this argument. In their time, that style was quite fashionable and standard - high-waisted and straight-legged cuts were the pattern for decades. They only became "mom jeans" in the early 2000's when low-waisted, crack-presenting cuts trended and this time-honoured style was, in turn, considered unfashionable. Putting "mom" before a clothing item became shorthand for casting women in the role of Mother and desexualizing them, making them conservative, modest, and out-of-touch by the clothes they'd always worn. They have been adopted by many different demographics, but the statement being made is not one of cultural empowerment of any particular group.

Box braids, on the other hand, have a history of representing systemic oppression. Controlling how WOC wear their hair dates back to slavery and there has been an implicit bias dating back hundreds of years for them to mimic white European hair. Their natural hair was considered "unkempt". The grooming standards set solely for them persist - Gabrielle Union was fired from AGT because her hairstyles were considered "too black" for the program. So for WOC, their hair is an empowering statement. White women's casual adaptation of those styles disregards the history and significance of the statement and reduces it to an aesthetic.
Your explanation of why it is insensitive for white women to wear Box braids is the best one I have seen yet. Do you mind if I save it and post it as a response on other sites when needed? Giving you full credit of course! I just loved the way you explained it and think it would help A LOT of people understand why this isnt just about braids in general.

Reactions: 9
Your explanation of why it is insensitive for white women to wear Box braids is the best one I have seen yet. Do you mind if I save it and post it as a response on other sites when needed? Giving you full credit of course! I just loved the way you explained it and think it would help A LOT of people understand why this isnt just about braids in general.
Sure, glad it resonates with you! I will add, though, that I am not a WOC, and this perspective is based on the research i've done on my own in the pursuit of cultural competence. So I don't want to hog the mic from people who this directly affects and their experiences are the voices we need to hear. For example, there were a few WOC in Sez's comments who were trying valiantly to shed light on this.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I think her sister's (now deleted ) comment basically says it all in terms of Sarah & her family thinking the backlash is ridiculous & not realising at all the problem.. casual & overt racism is so rife in Australia

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.