Sarah - This Mama Life

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He eventually went onto special formula I think. The fact that it was all such a struggle & they had to stay longer in hospital than they usually would have was really stressful for the both of them, resulting,I believe, in their strained relationship at times.
Perhaps it was a trigger for her, yes. But utterly devast
She’s very good with his diet now but I think a lot of damage was done while they were in hospital. That and the fact Rob probably was being deployed again quite soon after didn't help. Yes, she’s had a hard time but plenty of other morhers have too, maybe having a disabled child or whatever. Lachlan’s healthy now which is the main thing. I think if she spent more ine-on-one time with him they might draw closer.
Yup i can't imagine how hard it must if there's bonding issues. Something's we twist of granted i suppose and it must be very difficult if it isn't clicking :(

She’s very good with his diet now but I think a lot of damage was done while they were in hospital. That and the fact Rob probably was being deployed again quite soon after didn't help. Yes, she’s had a hard time but plenty of other morhers have too, maybe having a disabled child or whatever. Lachlan’s healthy now which is the main thing. I think if she spent more ine-on-one time with him they might draw closer.
Yeah she really needs to spend more time with him! Why not keep him off nursery the day she has off work?

Reactions: 1
I think how you choose to feed your baby is entirely up to you.
I don't doubt being pregnant whilst your husband is deployed and him leaving soon afterwards must he horrible but as everyone says she gets a hell of a lot of support. She does seem to stuggle with her son and finds him difficult but even Isla seems to annoy her most of the time. She expects a lot of them when I think they are just desperate for a bit of tlc and fun. When was the last time you saw them having fun as a family?
In the past six weeks she has had more babysitters and nights out without the kids than most people do in six months.

So she admitted that Mumsnet are paying her for the ad.

She also went to the local fireworks (I'm gutted I missed them by being on holiday! Most of the pics were her and Isla and then there was the normal one of Lachlan holding her hand and her saying how's it's sweet but he's basically been a terror all night ?

She does seem to have her kids out and about late an awful lot. Some can handle it but I know my eldest (4) is a complete nightmare if he doesn’t have enough sleep. There are many times i’d Love to do family meals out, fireworks etc but it’s just not worth it if the kids are overtired and grumpy.

Petty, but the thing that really annoys me is her constant buying crap for lunch. Take your leftovers to the office, make a sandwich or soup or have something ‘normal’ when you pop home!

She is saying she isn't with Channel Mum. Oh well, I've already unsubscribed and unfollowed on all fronts. She is good with the marketing speak tho, trying to tell us how honoured to be asked to be a part of it but in reality she is asking her followers to donate to the company that is paying her wage. If she cares so much about the RBL tell us how great they are without them paying you to do so. I imagine a lot of people don't realise she is getting paid by a charity for these videos and think she does it out of her good heart.
Except if you go to Channel Mum they quite clearly show her on there as one of thier vlogger

This Mama moans a lot for a life that she chose. She chose to have kids, knowing full well that Rob would be deployed. She moans about being on her own but she is barely at home. She drags the kids from pillar to post. Doesn't let them get near enough sleep before dumping them at nursery/school on no sleep. Even when poor L was in hospital until early hours off he pops to nursery the next morning, on a day that she wasn't even at work. She put him to nursery so she could "work" and ended up getting her nails done!!! She moans about staying up late to edit blogs like people might die if they don't go online on time. She moans about the house she is in but if she just went to the supermarket and made lunch and tea for her and kids and spend time at home instead of having "brunch" each weekend then she should easily afford to move into private accommodation or buy somewhere - a navy wage, a wage from her job and her youtube money should certainly manage to afford this.

Reactions: 5
I really need to not fall down another rabbit hole watching yet another vlogger in horrified fascination! But - the first post I looked at on Instagram - a paid ad for the Royal British Legion? Surely not?

I really need to not fall down another rabbit hole watching yet another vlogger in horrified fascination! But - the first post I looked at on Instagram - a paid ad for the Royal British Legion? Surely not?
Oh believe it. But it's ok because she does do free pro-bono work (not sure when or where tho) and donates to her own charities every month but if we could all run along to Sainsburys and buy from P&G for her so that she can get paid for more #ads for charities.

Reactions: 2
Oh believe it. But it's ok because she does do free pro-bono work (not sure when or where tho) and donates to her own charities every month but if we could all run along to Sainsburys and buy from P&G for her so that she can get paid for more #ads for charities.
I couldn't quite work out at all what and who were involved in this. Mumsnet were mentioned - er, why?!

So, this is really an ad for P&G and Sainsburys? With the veil of respectability of the Royal British Legion?! Shame on them

She has tried it make it vague and unclear but she has basically done two ads - one for sainsbury/P&G where if I read it correctly she has been paid by sainsburys - she has put a disclaimer on this saying it is a paid promotion. The other ad she was paid by mumsnet who have been paid by the charity. For that one there is Ad in the title but no disclaimer. As someone pointed out on YT she is being paid to ask us to donate. She could have offered to do it free, someone asked her to return the fee but she removed that comment, alone with other negative ones.

I only donate to charity when I know my donation goes directly to the people in need, not to line the pockets of some fat cat CEO or in this case, a bloody vlogger!
I used to work in a stately home where most of our revenue came from charities having “away days”, involving activites for staff, catering, room hire etc, adding up to thousands of pounds each time.
Sarah is contemptible csshing in on other people’s misery & should definitely donate her fee back to the RBL!

In my line of work we sometimes deal with charities and always do the work 'at cost' giving our time for free. I have a friend who is a director of a charity and she is so strict about spending money because she has a responsibility to her volunteers and people who donate.
Sarah is still trying to defend herself on YT with I'm not the only one doing it and not my fault the charity wanted to work with me - but you could have offered to do it for free. That's why we are pissed off.

Reactions: 3
She was dairy free for 12 months to allow her to BF
I think a mother's love is the only thing that could make me go dairy free :) It doesn't surprise me at all that she did it. I think she's a woman who sets her mind to something and does it. Probably to her own detriment!

Except if you go to Channel Mum they quite clearly show her on there as one of thier vlogger
https://www.channelmum.com/vloggers/sarah-this-mama-life /

I like sarah.
I admired her determination to feed
I Do feel she was picked for 2 rememberance ads because of Rob and being a forces family.
Veiwers then think of course service charities are closeto her heart unaware shes being paid. Paid how much and by who.

I do think shes quite hardworking compared to other vloggers.
Her house is very ordinary
I do feel she might benefit slowing down i know she likes to keep busy and dislikes being alone.

The thing that really gets to me is that if you care about a charity so much why the hell would you accept money from them? When I sell raffle tickets or help out at a school fete I don't ask where is my cut?
And although both showed Ad Sarah was very reluctant to admit that she was being paid from a charity. Ignoring when someone asked on her first video, doing the mumsnet thing on the 2nd. So passive aggressive in her comments of 'thanks for watching' 'enjoy the rest of your day' 'I'm not missing the point'.
Personally her best action now would be to admit she has made a mistake and offer the money back. I wonder how much she has been paid? See she ignored the comment when someone asked how many bottles of shampoo would I have to buy to cover your fee Sarah?
Unsubing. Can not watch her anyone.

It's as bad as stealing a charity collection box imo. People are innocently donating to this charity not knowing a cut of it is going to her. It actually beggars belief that she is asking people to donate while being paid herself! The bare faced cheek of her! I would've thought, being a serviceman's wife herself, she would have VOLUNTEERED her services to promote the appeal. But no, money-grabbing leech that she is she actaully TOOK MONEY FROM A CHARITY!

Reactions: 3
I was recommended a haul of hers this morning, had nothing else to watch while I did my make up and my goodness it was awkward! Everything was too short or too wide.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.