Sarah - This Mama Life

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was recommended a haul of hers this morning, had nothing else to watch while I did my make up and my goodness it was awkward! Everything was too short or too wide.[/QUOTE
She has no clue what suits her, everything seems to make her look a sack of potatoes. She wears whatever's in fashion whether it suits her or not.

Reactions: 1
Sorry for double post but she would really benefit from spending a bit more on her clothes and just buying less. She tends to buy cheap and it looks it on her.
Some people can wear the same things and it looks great but, sadly, she is not one of them. Neither am I so I sympathise.
Some slightly dearer, better cut tailored clothes in better fabrics would make a difference.

The thing that really gets to me is that if you care about a charity so much why the hell would you accept money from them? When I sell raffle tickets or help out at a school fete I don't ask where is my cut?
And although both showed Ad Sarah was very reluctant to admit that she was being paid from a charity. Ignoring when someone asked on her first video, doing the mumsnet thing on the 2nd. So passive aggressive in her comments of 'thanks for watching' 'enjoy the rest of your day' 'I'm not missing the point'.
Personally her best action now would be to admit she has made a mistake and offer the money back. I wonder how much she has been paid? See she ignored the comment when someone asked how many bottles of shampoo would I have to buy to cover your fee Sarah?
Unsubing. Can not watch her anyone.
Agree with this. Taking money from charities rather than acting pro bono or just taking expenses always comes across poorly - whatever the justification. It's a PR own goal and really not worth doing even if you are very mercenary unless it is a huge sum as it damages the brand so badly.

I think I am fairly switched on and I couldn't make head nor tail of the arrangements - I now assume that was purposefully vague

Agree with this. Taking money from charities rather than acting pro bono or just taking expenses always comes across poorly - whatever the justification. It's a PR own goal and really not worth doing even if you are very mercenary unless it is a huge sum as it damages the brand so badly.

I think I am fairly switched on and I couldn't make head nor tail of the arrangements - I now assume that was purposefully vague
I would have been completely fooled by this a few months ago. I think even some of the viewers still don't get it. Saw a comment on her 1st video where someone said 'How do you know she was paid?'.
I've complained to RBL. They say I'll get a response in 24 hours.
I'm going to a serviceday fundraising event this afternoon, I can bet your bottom dollar that the ladies making the tea and servicing cake didn't get paid.
Fair enough if your full time job is working for a charity but paying vloggers is not on. This had got me really cross.

'this mama life' I don't know who this women is but from watching a couple of vlogs it appears that this women has no interest in being a 'mama'....(that word:eek:) and just wants to be out with her mates.

really not sure why she had kids she seems desperate to get away from them

Reactions: 3
I would have been completely fooled by this a few months ago. I think even some of the viewers still don't get it. Saw a comment on her 1st video where someone said 'How do you know she was paid?'.
I've complained to RBL. They say I'll get a response in 24 hours.
I'm going to a serviceday fundraising event this afternoon, I can bet your bottom dollar that the ladies making the tea and servicing cake didn't get paid.
Fair enough if your full time job is working for a charity but paying vloggers is not on. This had got me really cross.
I also intend to complain and to Mumsnet too. Why are they middle people? What is the value add to the charity in paying them?

Have you seen her Instagram post on the charity ad? The sheer gall of this woman is astounding! Everyone’s congratulating her on making the ad & she’s smugly accepting all their thanks. Then she says Mumsnet paid her. So that makes it alright then? Someone asked her how that worked & she said she didn’t know the ins & outs! Unbelievable! She then goes on to say it’s ok though because she accepted a “discounted” fee for it. Well, how bloody magnanimous of her! She’s a disgrace to servicemen/women everywhere.

Reactions: 4
Queenie, are we the insane ones here who can't see that it is morally wrong to accept money from a charity at the same time as telling your viewers to donate. Have I landed on another planet or something. If you are supporting a charity you give to them, not take.

Queenie, are we the insane ones here who can't see that it is morally wrong to accept money from a charity at the same time as telling your viewers to donate. Have I landed on another planet or something. If you are supporting a charity you give to them, not take.
We must be! People are actually praising her, especially other military wives. The world has gone mad!

Reactions: 2
She’s blocked me from Instagram lol. I commented on all her gushing replies that she was paid a fee. She’s being so dishonest with her followers!

I'm shocked that she's happy to take money for doing charity work. It doesn't matter if mumsnet are paying her, it's still taking money from charity. No one should be congratulating her for it! It's all so wrong. Shame on her and mumsnet.

I'm shocked that she's happy to take money for doing charity work. It doesn't matter if mumsnet are paying her, it's still taking money from charity. No one should be congratulating her for it! It's all so wrong. Shame on her and mumsnet.
Normally quiet - I think people don't honestly realise that she is being paid either directly or indirectly by the charity. I am actually at a lost for words how by using marketing speak she can fool her viewers like this. I was once fooled by all this CM sales patter too. I'm disappointed in myself for being so gullible and lining the pockets of these mothers but definitely seen the light.

Normally quiet - I think people don't honestly realise that she is being paid either directly or indirectly by the charity. I am actually at a lost for words how by using marketing speak she can fool her viewers like this. I was once fooled by all this CM sales patter too. I'm disappointed in myself for being so gullible and lining the pockets of these mothers but definitely seen the light.
And with her blocking people & deleting their comments people will never realise what she’s doing.

And with her blocking people & deleting their comments people will never realise what she’s doing.
I saw the comment she made about people being abusive so having to block - I think the comment must have been 'Give the money back to the charity' as that is the only comment I read that is now deleted. That is not abuse. They are getting away with telling people it is abuse when it is only people expressing a different option. Wants all the praise and thumbs up but can't take any type of criticism.

I saw the comment she made about people being abusive so having to block - I think the comment must have been 'Give the money back to the charity' as that is the only comment I read that is now deleted. That is not abuse. They are getting away with telling people it is abuse when it is only people expressing a different option. Wants all the praise and thumbs up but can't take any type of criticism.
She deleted my comments which most certainly were NOT abusive! I informed her followers that she was being paid for the ads & by doing so was taking money from the charity. She’s lying by saying they were abusive, she just wants to cover her ass! My god, she’s the lowest of the low!

I have looked at you tube vlogs and her insta.

Least shes being honest
Shes not deleting or blocking

Shes not sure how it all works and why mumsnet paying her.
Shes emailing to find out more.
My guess is its a joint campaign between mumsnet and advertising agency on behalf if the British legion.

But shes got 2 very similar campaigns which is where it gets confusing.
The other is oaid by an agency ad i guess that works with sainsburys and proctor and gamble.

It appears to me they will make a donation to a charity if people buy things from them this possibly boosts sales and makes more money than they donate even with paying vloggers.

It all seems but grubby but respecting sarah for trying to answer.

I have looked at you tube vlogs and her insta.

Least shes being honest
Shes not deleting or blocking

Shes not sure how it all works and why mumsnet paying her.
Shes emailing to find out more.
My guess is its a joint campaign between mumsnet and advertising agency on behalf if the British legion.

But shes got 2 very similar campaigns which is where it gets confusing.
The other is oaid by an agency ad i guess that works with sainsburys and proctor and gamble.

It appears to me they will make a donation to a charity if people buy things from them this possibly boosts sales and makes more money than they donate even with paying vloggers.

It all seems but grubby but respecting sarah for trying to answer.
She IS deleting & blocking.
And I don’t care if she’s being honest, it’s the fact that she’s taking money from a charity at all that enrages me!

She is being half honest - she is leaving some comments up but is deleting and blocking others in the name of abuse - but I have followed this from the first ad and didn't see any abuse. Only thing I saw was someone say she should give the money back.
If the Mrs Meldrum stuff hadn't happened I doubt anyone would have batted an eye about it. Poor timing for Sarah but it is still very shady - reminds me when celebs do those tax dodges, although not illegal it is unethical, even if your accountant or in Sarah's case Mumsnet say it is OK.
I stand by my original view - if you care about the charity, give money, don't take it.

She’s a liar. She says she was being abused by trolls & as she deleted the posts people will believe her lies. She was NOT abused by anyone!
She’s been caught with her hand in the cookie jar imo & is trying to cover her tracks.
If she had any shred of decency she should give her fee to the RBL.

And if she’s “not sure how it all works & why mumsnet are paying her” she should have bloody well found out before accepting a fat fee from them!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.