Sarah - This Mama Life

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No wonder Lachlan gets all this head injurys when he is allowed to climb up on his changing table unsupervised! I don't blame him though as his was shut in his bedroom and I don't think he has much else to do in there!

Reactions: 1
She is saying she isn't with Channel Mum. Oh well, I've already unsubscribed and unfollowed on all fronts. She is good with the marketing speak tho, trying to tell us how honoured to be asked to be a part of it but in reality she is asking her followers to donate to the company that is paying her wage. If she cares so much about the RBL tell us how great they are without them paying you to do so. I imagine a lot of people don't realise she is getting paid by a charity for these videos and think she does it out of her good heart.
Really - so why are channel mum still advertising her channel on their website with her latest #AD

Attachments

She posted an insta story about anonymous trolling (like she does every other day). I think she's referencing people calling her out for the charity ads.

I guess I just don't understand why you would carry on being an "influencer" if its that bad? and if it was taking up so much of your time?

Trolling is being nasty to someone under a false name, trolling isn't asking 'Are you taking money from a charity Sarah?' 'Who paid you for the ad Sarah?' 'Don't you think you should give the money back?' Everyone is a troll if you publically ask these very valid questions. Little Mrs Meldrum wannabe!

Reactions: 4
I think Sarah is a perfectionist and there's nothing wrong with being like that (?), but it means that because she started a channel she might find it very hard to cut down or stop, because of this personality type.

I actually find she has been open and brave talking about her struggles, like an eating disorders and having a difficult baby and subsequently PTSD. That must have been tough to do given how picture perfect vloggers are generally. She could really stand out by talking openly about the vlogging world and I hope she takes that path rather than that taken by so many others.

A few folk here have said she struggles. I think she does too. I do! I think if those struggles are addressed openly and linked in to mental health chats, then you're seeing content that would actually speak to a big audience.

Reactions: 2
I think she comes across as very negative rather than ‘real’ which is what I think she’s aiming for. Maybe her ‘reality is just negative. Who knows.
She moans constantly about where she lives, how busy she is, her husbands job, the school situation, how busy she is, how much work she has to do etc etc - to me it seems that lots of these are within her gift to change but she does very little to. I totally agree with previous comments that she stays so busy so she doesn’t have to think about stuff - but she seriously needs a better balance in her life. I feel drained watching her videos sometimes as they are just her dragging those kids from one thing to the next and rushing down the next meal before they are rushed to bed. I also think she favouritises isla big time

She has brought a lot of it on herself. She works, does YT, is Mum AND Dad to her kids while Rob is away & is manic at the weekends doing loads of activities, lunches & dinners out, dragging the kids here there & everywhere, a lot of it needless. But she aleays finds time to pamper herself & go on nights out & her mum actually flies down from Scotland to babysit! Nothing wrong with time to yourself but my god can she moan!
She didn’t have a difficult birth with her son but she insisted on persevering with breastfeeding him, even when she was advised to switch to a bottle, and the baby starved for days, so the difficult relationship with him could be down to him associating her with hunger & pain. She doesn’t spend any one-to-one time with him but does so with Isla while she sticks him in nursery.
Rob has a good job, she has a good job, so she doesn’t NEED the money for the charity ad, she’s just greedy & money-grabbing like the rest of the CM vloggers! It’s despicable to ask people to donate to a charity where the money will go to pay her big fat fee!

She has brought a lot of it on herself. She works, does YT, is Mum AND Dad to her kids while Rob is away & is manic at the weekends doing loads of activities, lunches & dinners out, dragging the kids here there & everywhere, a lot of it needless. But she aleays finds time to pamper herself & go on nights out & her mum actually flies down from Scotland to babysit! Nothing wrong with time to yourself but my god can she moan!
She didn’t have a difficult birth with her son but she insisted on persevering with breastfeeding him, even when she was advised to switch to a bottle, and the baby starved for days, so the difficult relationship with him could be down to him associating her with hunger & pain. She doesn’t spend any one-to-one time with him but does so with Isla while she sticks him in nursery.
Rob has a good job, she has a good job, so she doesn’t NEED the money for the charity ad, she’s just greedy & money-grabbing like the rest of the CM vloggers! It’s despicable to ask people to donate to a charity where the money will go to pay her big fat fee!
I didn't realise he was starved for days, what actually happened?

She is a right mini moaner but if she really tries to pull the poor me, people are trolling because I'm taking money from the same charity that I'm telling you to donate to then she needs to take a good hard look at herself. Is she or isn't she part of CM? Notice a loy of the negative comments have been removed from the YT video.

I didn't realise he was starved for days, what actually happened?
From what I remember she was determined to breastfeed, which is great, but he just wouldn’t latch on. It turned out he had chronic acid reflux or something similar but she just wouldn’t give in & try another method to feed him. They were both in hospital for quite a few days trying to establish feeding, she said he was crying non-stop (no wonder!) & found it hard to bond with him. She made a whole video about it & how she had PTSD because of it, it was all about her. If she hadn’t been so stubborn & pig-headed about breastfeeding the problems might have been solved sooner. I think that’s why she has such a detached relationship with him, and he with her.

From what I remember she was determined to breastfeed, which is great, but he just wouldn’t latch on. It turned out he had chronic acid reflux or something similar but she just wouldn’t give in & try another method to feed him. They were both in hospital for quite a few days trying to establish feeding, she said he was crying non-stop (no wonder!) & found it hard to bond with him. She made a whole video about it & how she had PTSD because of it, it was all about her. If she hadn’t been so stubborn & pig-headed about breastfeeding the problems might have been solved sooner. I think that’s why she has such a detached relationship with him, and he with her.
Why would bottle feeding have made any difference to his reflux?

I think he has a milk protein allergy so I guess he could have gone on special formula. She did go dairy free when he was diagnosed I think?

No idea, but that’s what I remember. He just wouldn't take to the breast.
No I mean i don't think she was wrong to continue breastfeeding if reflux was his issue because bottle feeding wouldn't have changed that. He would have been equally as fussy after a bottle because he was in pain. Regardless of where his milk came from.

No I mean i don't think she was wrong to continue breastfeeding if reflux was his issue because bottle feeding wouldn't have changed that. He would have been equally as fussy after a bottle because he was in pain. Regardless of where his milk came from.
He eventually went onto special formula I think. The fact that it was all such a struggle & they had to stay longer in hospital than they usually would have was really stressful for the both of them, resulting,I believe, in their strained relationship at times.

I think he has a milk protein allergy so I guess he could have gone on special formula. She did go dairy free when he was diagnosed I think?
Oh wow, good for her! The thought of neutrality free ! :D Regardless of what anyone thinks, you've got to admire the things a parent does for their child!

Oh wow, good for her! The thought of neutrality free ! :D Regardless of what anyone thinks, you've got to admire the things a parent does for their child!
She’s very good with his diet now but I think a lot of damage was done while they were in hospital. That and the fact Rob probably was being deployed again quite soon after didn't help. Yes, she’s had a hard time but plenty of other morhers have too, maybe having a disabled child or whatever. Lachlan’s healthy now which is the main thing. I think if she spent more ine-on-one time with him they might draw closer.

Well I love my children but I also love cheese ? so I do admire the dairy free thing.
Concerns about the baby kept them in hospital longer too. I’m sure I remember her saying they wanted to check something.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.