Sarah This Mama Life #24 I only came here to vom about “matching hairies”

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He is a chaotic kid being brought up in a chaotic environment. She’s probably always played the navy/deployment card but no the school have paid a bit more attention and realised there is a bit more at play here.

Reactions: 14
He is a chaotic kid being brought up in a chaotic environment. She’s probably always played the navy/deployment card but no the school have paid a bit more attention and realised there is a bit more at play here.
We have army stationed quite close to us. The local schools accommodate families. There is always an expectation that army kids might be finding life a bit harder if they’ve had to move a lot or change homes and schools or have parents away. It’s not easy for kids and adjustments are made.
But it’s screamingly obvious that Sarah and her kids have problems beyond that. At some point someone is going to say something or call in someone and she’s going to fall apart completely.

Meanwhile Sinbad is pissing off on his next deployment which I strongly suspect he’ll have volunteered for.

Poor kids. Unless school threaten to get children’s services involved, not much will change and L’s issues would have to be fairly serious, or involve hurting other kids or self harm and I doubt it’s that serious yet.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
If it is the case that he has some kind of SEN then I do feel for her, it’s tough. I spent a lot of time resisting “labels” and worrying about my son.
Ultimately he already was who he was, labels or diagnosis didn’t change that but what it did do was allow us access to help to make things a bit smoother for him.
It was a long and exhausting process though and I spent a lot of time worrying that I was doing something wrong or what could I be doing better for him. I felt like my parenting was investigated and that was tough and I can’t imagine how Sarah would deal with that.

Having to explain to the team about her social media career and L’s place in it would be interesting!

• Heart
I’m no expert but I just think the kid has been babied and farmed out too much and doesn’t know how to behave or express himself properly. Some firm lessons and consequences at home and more time settled / being spoken too age appropriately instead of being farmed off to learn 15 random hobbies would be the first start, for this child at least . This is based on what you have shared. Sarah so you have no place to moan about people having an opinion on your very public life. Give that a few months and monitor how he does before searching for a label or asn support .
I’m all for kids doing things out side of school, it gives them so many opportunities and experience beyond the class room and to make friends out of school but it totally depends on the child how many and how frequent they should be. We will never be the family to are doing tea at 4 and settling down at 6, we are still working then or doing club runs so we do operate on a later schedule than that, but always make sure there’s time for a snack and to chill between hobbies and to relax before bed . I wonder if our Sarah has been looking at stef vavron or whatever she’s called who is basically making her self off of her sons asn and thought she would try this route for engagement .

• Heart
Reactions: 17
This 'I won't talk about it' then for the next few days posts about him being misunderstood, putting his sillies back in, wants to be a normal boy with a frigging reel to match is what gets me. Keep it private or be open. Not this half hearted alluding to something but claiming she can't talk about it because of her kids privacy now they are older.

The cynic in me also feels that she knows that the likes of The only girl in the house, part time working mummy have been able to cash in on being parents of ND/SEN children. Good for engagement, good for ADs.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
The idea of profiting off my sons diagnosis is abhorrent, are people really doing that?

Reactions: 10
This 'I won't talk about it' then for the next few days posts about him being misunderstood, putting his sillies back in, wants to be a normal boy with a frigging reel to match is what gets me. Keep it private or be open. Not this half hearted alluding to something but claiming she can't talk about it because of her kids privacy now they are older.

The cynic in me also feels that she knows that the likes of The only girl in the house, part time working mummy have been able to cash in on being parents of ND/SEN children. Good for engagement, good for ADs.
This wouldn’t surprise me at all. She’s sold her entire life online and given up all her privacy. I mean we see shots of her toilet ffs.

Reactions: 4
I’m no expert but I just think the kid has been babied and farmed out too much and doesn’t know how to behave or express himself properly. Some firm lessons and consequences at home and more time settled / being spoken too age appropriately instead of being farmed off to learn 15 random hobbies would be the first start, for this child at least . This is based on what you have shared. Sarah so you have no place to moan about people having an opinion on your very public life. Give that a few months and monitor how he does before searching for a label or asn support .
I’m all for kids doing things out side of school, it gives them so many opportunities and experience beyond the class room and to make friends out of school but it totally depends on the child how many and how frequent they should be. We will never be the family to are doing tea at 4 and settling down at 6, we are still working then or doing club runs so we do operate on a later schedule than that, but always make sure there’s time for a snack and to chill between hobbies and to relax before bed . I wonder if our Sarah has been looking at stef vavron or whatever she’s called who is basically making her self off of her sons asn and thought she would try this route for engagement .
Completely agree. If she stopped babying them with toddler plates and language and permissiveness, that would be a start. Some firm boundaries on behaviour, and lots of nurturing time without screens, every single day, not as a rare exception still involving screens that she takes pictures of and shares. Take a few months away from all the extra stuff and just do swimming. She could even manage to take them swimming and have fun with them herself!

And Sarah, if this incessant need for validation of your every move is how you are managing to keep motivated, you gotta look for something else. This is damaging. Do your best - trying to be a social media superhuman is damaging your family. Try keeping a list of what you need to do, and reflect on it yourself without sharing it with the world - be aware of what you do and the value of stability and nurture over being busy and having stuff and getting likes.

Being a working mum and keeping everyone in clean clothes and healthy food is hard enough without adding in social media ads, social media filming, exercise, unnecessary diy, and 10 kids activities a week. You’d be a better mum if you did less and shared none of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
They all do it. Riding the “my kid has special needs” bandwagon, sharing stuff about their kids with no thought for their privacy, dignity, digital footprint etc.

But then they all rode the homeschool bandwagon during covid, got the brand work, made out they were all experts on it, but guess who’s kids were at the school gate faster than you can say “wear a mask” when schools opened again?

It’s all for clicks and likes. It doesn’t help anyone. Kids with special needs or SEN should not be something to be used for money or marketing.

You can raise awareness without sharing your kid’s life on the internet.

I follow a mum on insta who fostered then adopted. She’s never shown the kids faces, or their names, or any details about them. She just talks about the process, how it works, the highs, the lows, the bits that work, the way the system is, helpful advice. She doesn’t share her name, where she lives, or anything like that. Her account is also private and she screens who follows her. She doesn’t make money. It can be done in a way that helps and supports without your kids being pay per click or attention grabbing for your own gratification.

Reactions: 9
A person who has been very vocal about her own eating disorder, publicly shaming someone for their portion size. Maybe spend less money on hairies and nailies and more on therapy.

Reactions: 17
A person who has been very vocal about her own eating disorder, publicly shaming someone for their portion size. Maybe spend less money on hairies and nailies and more on therapy.
She’s such a colossal hole. Her portion will soon be brought up in the pub toilets anyway.

Imagine poor rob just trying to eat his Sunday roast in peace and Sarah goes “hang on sinbad don’t start eating yet, I need to take a photo so I can do a post on Instagram inviting everyone to laugh at your portion sizes”

this is coming from a woman who calls a tiny sprinkle “loooooads of cheese” 🙄

Reactions: 15
She is seriously neurotic. Why someone close to her (Sinbad, parents, brother) doesn’t mount an intervention to encourage her to seek professional help is beyond me.

Imagine poor rob just trying to eat his Sunday roast in peace and Sarah goes “hang on sinbad don’t start eating yet, I need to take a photo so I can do a post on Instagram inviting everyone to laugh at your portion sizes”
Crying at the idea she calls him Sinbad too 🤣🤣
Yeah, he must be desperate for deployment to be away from her and her camera.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Isla’s got sopping wet mucky jeans - so maybe dress your kids in weather appropriate clothes then? Put her in a pair of boots or a pair of wellies? Swap the too long jeans for a pair of warm leggings with a pair of warm outdoor boots?

She is seriously neurotic. Why someone close to her (Sinbad, parents, brother) doesn’t mount an intervention to encourage her to seek professional help is beyond me.
I think she’d be extremely difficult to even suggest help to, as she sees nothing concerning or off about her behaviour. I imagine everyone tiptoes around her and her warped ideas of what life should be like

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.