Sarah This Mama Life #24 I only came here to vom about “matching hairies”

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If she drove in the day or got the train she’d have to interact with her kids and parent them. Her driving at night thing means the kids will sleep, she can ignore them and when she gets home tomorrow she can hand them off to Rob and claim another migraine.
I’m just gobsmacked she’s going back a day earlier than school starts. Normally she comes back, they get about 5 hours of sleep and are tossed into school. I wonder if she’s got a social engagement tomorrow she “has” to be at??

Reactions: 9
If she drove in the day or got the train she’d have to interact with her kids and parent them. Her driving at night thing means the kids will sleep, she can ignore them and when she gets home tomorrow she can hand them off to Rob and claim another migraine.
I’m just gobsmacked she’s going back a day earlier than school starts. Normally she comes back, they get about 5 hours of sleep and are tossed into school. I wonder if she’s got a social engagement tomorrow she “has” to be at??
100% she’s got something on tomorrow she wants to go to. Probably something in bloody London. Or maybe a night out or something. She never goes back until the last second normally so there will no doubt be a reason this weekend

Reactions: 6
Oh Sarah, what you are really saying here is ‘STFU Lachhhhlaaan, you must behave for the gram. Don’t forget - I would rather drive through the night and drag you in and out of minging service stations over actually PARENTING you.’
Exactly. Sleepy time?! He’s in a ducking CAR SEAT Sarah!! How would you like to be forced to sleep bolt upright in a car seat for 9 hours?! And presumably be woken up every few hours to be dragged into a service station- unless she locks them in the car while she goes in?!

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
I love sleeping in a car, I can sleep upright for hours I have perfected the art of it over many years. Would I do that to my children? No I wouldn’t.

It’s so dangerous to drive for that long overnight, when you aren’t used to it, when your body wants nothing but sleep. It’s so simple to fly from the south coast to Aberdeen, driven from Gosport to Portsmouth, train from Portsmouth to the Gatwick terminal, 1 hr flight and you are there. It wouldn’t be insta worthy though would it Saint Sarah of Driving Through The Night?

Reactions: 10
I just can't fathom the driving to choose to do that other than fly it's safer and she would have more time with her family in her beloved Aberdeen!!! With the price of fuel for the car and the cost of items in the petrol stations the trip must cost a fortune!!!!!

Reactions: 9
I really hope she doesn’t lock them in the car to duck off into service stations. I can’t imagine how scary it would be to wake as a child in a deserted car park in the middle of the night & nobody with you.

• Wow
  • Sad
I really hope she doesn’t lock them in the car to duck off into service stations. I can’t imagine how scary it would be to wake as a child in a deserted car park in the middle of the night & nobody with you.
I honestly don’t think she does this -( although have no proof) but say it only as she always makes a point of filming them going into the services each and every time.

edited to add- she did just film her sausage roll last time so who knows

Reactions: 3
I honestly don’t think she does this -( although have no proof) but say it only as she always makes a point of filming them going into the services each and every time.

edited to add- she did just film her sausage roll last time so who knows
Would she wake them up every time he makes a services stop though? She wants them asleep and unconscious throughout the whole journey…

Reactions: 8
She really is very reckless! My family would have serious concerns about how safety of driving 9 hours home after a full day awake. She says she tried to rest in the day 🙄

she is endangering herself, the children and other road users.

She is always talking about having another baby… I don’t see how she thinks this would work with two older children and an infant.

It is just plain irresponsible, the sensible thing to do is break the journey. A premier inn around Lancaster/ Preston would mean they could all be properly rested.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I’m claiming a bingo if there’s something school related that she’s forgotten and has to do a last minute supermarket dash for 🙄

Reactions: 19
I don't get why her travel times each time are so erratic. Surely she should have the time to leave and places to stop down to a T now? Every time it's as though she's doing the journey for the first time!

I don't get why her travel times each time are so erratic. Surely she should have the time to leave and places to stop down to a T now? Every time it's as though she's doing the journey for the first time!
I also don’t understand why she stopped at Dundee as she’d only just left Aberdeen.

Reactions: 7
Would she wake them up every time he makes a services stop though? She wants them asleep and unconscious throughout the whole journey…
Like I said I honestly don’t know. You would hope not but this is Sarah!

I do think she’s stupid though for putting it all online.

Reactions: 4
I bet sinbad has had a great week, relaxing at home without having Sarah manically painting or whatever at midnight and having to go food shopping at 10pm.
There should be a passive aggressive post about Rob soon though….

Reactions: 13
I’m claiming a bingo if there’s something school related that she’s forgotten and has to do a last minute supermarket dash for 🙄
I’m going to say there will be a run to the supermarket at some ridiculous hour of the evening tonight, or some passive aggressive post about Rob not having anything in the house or anything in for dinner tonight.

I would think athey are going to a Halloween thing tonight and thats the reason she's drove home yesterday! Even leaving g early evening and stop somewhere for a meal would make more sense they can have a break and the kids would probably sleep better with a full tummy and it would be there normal bed time

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.