Sarah This Mama Life #20 Can’t be bother to teach my kids to read, more interested in checking Insta feed

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My fingers are itching on those stories, aching to send her a message saying ‘Sarah, nobody cares.’

The idea of beige, boring, desperate and desperately dull Sarah trying to pivot her account to do interiors never ceases to make me chuckle. Everything she touches she makes looks tit and beige, and as characterless and depthless as she is.

Reactions: 8
She should ask Meldrum for advice on the panelling she’s just gotten wonky panelling in her house of horrors!

Isn’t this house a new build? Does she think she’s going to have nice floor boards to paint on the stairs when she lifts the carpet as it’s most likely to be MDF treads. There’s nothing wrong with the carpet so why the duck spend money on something that doesn’t need replacing!

Reactions: 14
She should ask Meldrum for advice on the panelling she’s just gotten wonky panelling in her house of horrors!

Isn’t this house a new build? Does she think she’s going to have nice floor boards to paint on the stairs when she lifts the carpet as it’s most likely to be MDF treads. There’s nothing wrong with the carpet so why the duck spend money on something that doesn’t need replacing!
I was going to say the same - it’s a modern new-ish house, removing perfectly good carpet and painting stairs/fitting a runner does not belong in that house. I want her to try and put panelling on her stairs so we can see how sh*t it looks 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 13
The stairs are going to look amazing with a runner up the middle and painted steps 😂 we’ve got a new build and it’s duck egg blue fibre board under the carpet. It’s hardly a Victorian mansion she’s restoring, with the panelling and stair runners.
Stay in your lane Sarah.

• Haha
Runners with exposed floorboards look lovely in Victoria houses with straight staircases. Will be very difficult to get it looking right when there are two turns on that staircase.

Just like the plans for roll top bath in a small square bathroom. She follows all the trends on Instagram without matching it to the style of house. A house she doesn't even plan to stay in long term.

Reactions: 12
‘Stay in your lane, Sarah.’

This needs to be in the next thread title 🤣

The stairs are going to look amazing with a runner up the middle and painted steps 😂 we’ve got a new build and it’s duck egg blue fibre board under the carpet. It’s hardly a Victorian mansion she’s restoring, with the panelling and stair runners.
Stay in your lane Sarah.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
She's got issues. We need to do bits of our house up because it's dated and a bit shabby in places (as in marks on the walls because, well kids). That thick, grey and very new looking carpet on her stairs and pristine walls do not need anything doing to them. Anything to avoid being a proper "mama" huh?

Reactions: 10
Runners with exposed floorboards look lovely in Victoria houses with straight staircases. Will be very difficult to get it looking right when there are two turns on that staircase.

Just like the plans for roll top bath in a small square bathroom. She follows all the trends on Instagram without matching it to the style of house. A house she doesn't even plan to stay in long term.
Totally agree! WTF is she doing in a new build house!

The house renovations sum up her personality. Desperado following every trend on Instagram whether it suits or not, just like the way she dresses. She has ruined that house trying to be Hannah Michalak who lives in Edwardian house in Bath. The ridiculous shelving and fireplace on an internal wall. Now she wants to do panelling and lift the carpets to expose lovely original floorboards..oh no wait🤯🥴.

She is the eternal copy cat at school, with no personality of her own, trying to emulate the cool girls.

All in a house in an area she is desperate to leave and will be off in a shot given the chance. What a wasteful, thick, plank.

Reactions: 11
Her house is a perfectly nice new build. Don’t get her obsession with making it Victorian - it’s not going to happen!

Reactions: 6
Doesn't surprise me that Sarah was into friendship necklaces as a child. I can imagine if some kid was be nice to her Sarah would declare them besties, start copying their style and become into whatever the other kid was into. Insist they do everything together and get jealous of the kid sat next to someone else on the school bus until the other kid makes a break for freedom..... Actually wouldn't surprise me if she buys a necklace for bestie Jessy as a warning to Lucie to keep away from HER best friend.

Reactions: 6
How old is Isla?
I find it so uncomfortable how much Sarah obsesses over Isla having a boyfriend, “3 years they’ve been together”
How strange 🤯

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
How old is Isla?
I find it so uncomfortable how much Sarah obsesses over Isla having a boyfriend, “3 years they’ve been together”
How strange 🤯
Nearly 8, so she’s had this “boyfriend” since she was 4!

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
How old is Isla?
How strange 🤯
If Isla was into this boy as much as Sarah says she would help wrap the gifts ect.

Sarah is terrified at how tom boyish Isla is and im sure that comment Isla made years ago about having a girlfriend sticks in her head.

I really don’t understand Sarah. She could have a really good account. Military wife, how to cope with deployment whilst raising 2 kids and doing some work to the house. Yet she is so disorganised, farms the kids off to every club going and faffs about doing stuff to the house that doesn’t need doing. I can’t get my head around it, admittedly she is very awkward on camera but she wouldn’t have to show herself. I think her need for everything to be about her whilst she’s constantly apologising for her kids and her decor is her downfall. Cut the apron strings and get some therapy.

Reactions: 7
Nearly 8, so she’s had this “boyfriend” since she was 4!
It’s bleeping repulsive the way Sarah sexualises Isla and this friendship with the kid from along the road (at the old house) they are CHILDREN. Kids. There is nothing remotely romantic going on - obviously - and I seriously find it very uncomfortable the way Sarah keeps harking on this way. One off the cuff comment said in jest I could understand as a sort of funny in-joke - but this relentless bombardment of the narrative that Isla has a BOYFRIEND is creepy as duck and then some. Sarah couldn’t make it any more obvious that she is deeply uncomfortable with how Isla presents herself and that she is not the quintessential “girly girl” that Sarah desperately wants her to be. The impression I get is that Sarah thinks if she pushes Isla down the paths that SHE wants, then somehow Isla will turn into the kind of little girl Sarah wants her to be; Sarah wants her to be a dainty petite elegant ballerina who loves dressing in pink and wearing dresses and who loves her hair long and curly and who has BOYFRIENDS and likes BOYS because god forbid if she ever deviates from that path……

• Heart
Reactions: 25
It’s bleeping repulsive the way Sarah sexualises Isla and this friendship with the kid from along the road (at the old house) they are CHILDREN. Kids. There is nothing remotely romantic going on - obviously - and I seriously find it very uncomfortable the way Sarah keeps harking on this way. One off the cuff comment said in jest I could understand as a sort of funny in-joke - but this relentless bombardment of the narrative that Isla has a BOYFRIEND is creepy as duck and then some. Sarah couldn’t make it any more obvious that she is deeply uncomfortable with how Isla presents herself and that she is not the quintessential “girly girl” that Sarah desperately wants her to be. The impression I get is that Sarah thinks if she pushes Isla down the paths that SHE wants, then somehow Isla will turn into the kind of little girl Sarah wants her to be; Sarah wants her to be a dainty petite elegant ballerina who loves dressing in pink and wearing dresses and who loves her hair long and curly and who has BOYFRIENDS and likes BOYS because god forbid if she ever deviates from that path……
Completely agree. The comment ‘been together 3 years’ I find creepy AF! It’s just so wrong. What is Isla, 7? How can she not see that implying she’s had a boyfriend since age was 4 is all kids of wrong? They’re innocent kids that have a friendship. Agree it’s very wrong to sexualise it.

Reactions: 20
And making sure she posts the gifts to Instagram 2 days before Valentines just so the parents of this boy know that she'll be expecting a gift for Isla.

I agree that this boyfriend business suits Sarah's idea of Isla's life rather than just accepting Isla has friends that are boys

Reactions: 8
And the fact that it’s clearly Sarah who has gone out and bought whatever the presents are and got wrapping paper and wrapped it all up. It’s Sarah that’s making it a “thing” - it’s all her! Yknow, if Isla had made a wee card or whatever and wanted to
Give it to him I could see that as being a cute gesture from one kid to another but the fact that it’s Sarah that’s put all the effort in and is actually making it a big deal is disturbing.

just watched her stories from last night regarding the gymnastics drop off/parents helping put the equipment out….. says it ALL! That neither her nor Rob have any idea what equipment the kids need or what to go and help put out and that it’s clearly an awkward thing for them just shows how bleeping detached the are from their kids and what the kids are doing. Maybe STAY AND HELP! Introduce yourself to a few of the other parents, ask
What goes where, put a bit of bloody effort in to taking an interest!!!

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.